Opinion 2019 lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

If we dropped wood, we’d be the laughing stock of the AFL.
Not if we had the replacement making a greater contribution than Wood.

Don't worry about what the media say. They have to fill up their air time and column inches with something so the lazy ones will no doubt get mileage from anything like that. What matters is whether we have the most capable and cohesive team on the park, not what flogs like Damian Barrett say.

Generally when you choose a captain, they’re 99.9% of the time a lock to play seniors. I don’t even know why anyone is even talking about him getting dropped lol. Regardless of form, a skipper doesn’t get dropped.

Generally when you choose a captain, they’re 99.9% of the time a lock to play seniors. I don’t even know why anyone is even talking about him getting dropped lol. Regardless of form, a skipper doesn’t get dropped.

Excellent response. His brother won't kill you.

Should not play both wood and Morris. They are both too 1 dimensional and very limited by foot. If we are not willing to drop Wood it has to be Morris and he is still our best close chedking defender who rarely makes a mistake.

Our forward entries are still atrocious and Cordy is a very ordinary forward so He needs to stay in defence.

Should not play both wood and Morris. They are both too 1 dimensional and very limited by foot. If we are not willing to drop Wood it has to be Morris and he is still our best close chedking defender who rarely makes a mistake.

Our forward entries are still atrocious and Cordy is a very ordinary forward so He needs to stay in defence.

Agree, we need to start finding a balanced back six.

I’d Group them like this.

Naughton, Cordy, Morris

Wood, Crozier, Duryea,

JJ, Williams, Daniel, Suckling.

Naughton and Cordy walk ups as two key defenders.
The other 4 positions and bench spot probably need to be made up of 2/3 from each of the other groups.
Moz is an auto selection so it doesn’t leave many spots for quiet a few players although Suckers, Daniel and Williams can play other roles.

What about playing Moz as a forward? I can see it working. A full season in the forward line he would kick 40ish imo. He’s a good contested mark and a pretty reliable set shot.

Completely different players fulfilling different roles. Weird one to suggest it’s either / or.

And Cordy should stay in defence because he’s very good there and for that reason alone.

Round 1 dream would be:

B: Wood Morris Duryea
HB: Crozier Naughton Daniel

HF: Lloyd Cordy Wallis
F: Cavarra/Dickson Schache Gowers

Wishful thinking though!

our biggest issue has been lack of experience

of course they both play !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we chain Naughton to a post somewhere around the forward 50 metre arc and not let him off until he learns how to dob a set shot?

His hands are elite, if he could morph into a forward we'd be laughing. Would mean I'd never have to suggest the idea of dropping our skipper too.

Yeah we only won one Premiership with Morris and Wood playing in the same defence, along with Hamling and Roberts. No reason why we should continue that.

With the 6-6-6

We should line up like this

Cavarra Schache Wallis

mcLean Gowers Bonti

then start them like this

Schache
bonti

Cavarra Gowers Mclean Wallis

Schache leads wide bonti going to the danger spot

Hey lads,
interested to know what ruck combination you guys will start off with this year and also what the best ruck structure if everyone was healthy would be?
Nobody actually knows. Most will say Trengove + English will start out, but the supercoach bargain you're looking for is Jordon Sweet.

Lol I put Cordy in our forward line weeks ago

If you couldn’t see a backline with Naughton Morris Wood AND Cordy was too top heavy you shouldn’t try to pick a footy team.

Cordy is the only tall we have I have faith in to compete at a level required. Surround him with smalls and we may have a functioning forward line until we can trade/draft/FA a genuine number one KPF

If you couldn’t see a backline with Naughton Morris Wood AND Cordy was too top heavy you shouldn’t try to pick a footy team.

Odds on they'll all be picked in our backline if 100% and in form IMO. That'd only be our paid experts picking them though so not MD levels of skill and ability if it happens :D

Cordy is the only tall we have I have faith in to compete at a level required. Surround him with smalls and we may have a functioning forward line until we can trade/draft/FA a genuine number one KPF

What do you think of Schache and his prospects?

I feel like Cordy should at least bring the ball the ground if it's kicked in his vicinity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back