Player images database

Remove this Banner Ad

Boro87

Draftee
Feb 28, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi,
I'm currently putting together an AFL stats dashboard and was wondering if anyone has a complete set of all VFL/AFL players image URLs, or knows a website with a centralised database of image URLs, which I can use within the data model?
I've been able get the player URLs for the 2018/19 squads which was a manual process, but clearly this is not feasible for the entire history back to the late 1800s.
I don't have great coding/API development skills, so any tips or advice would also be appreciated.
I'm planning to share the dashboard when I'm done with the general AFL community so everyone can use it and to also to get some feedback.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from the community.
Christian

Hi,
I'm currently putting together an AFL stats dashboard and was wondering if anyone has a complete set of all VFL/AFL players image URLs, or knows a website with a centralised database of image URLs, which I can use within the data model?
I've been able get the player URLs for the 2018/19 squads which was a manual process, but clearly this is not feasible for the entire history back to the late 1800s.
I don't have great coding/API development skills, so any tips or advice would also be appreciated.
I'm planning to share the dashboard when I'm done with the general AFL community so everyone can use it and to also to get some feedback.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from the community.
Christian
I don't believe any such thing exists. Websites such as Blueseum, Collingwood Forever and Demonwiki have many of the photos of their past players, but there are still a fair few gaps in those collections. As for the other clubs, I'm not aware of any sites that would help you in your quest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back