Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon by their very nature always have the easiest draw if you measure it in terms of travel.

Can't remember the last time they played in Geelong, the Northern Territory or Tasmania.
I do because it makes their recovery and the general wear and tear a lot less.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon by their very nature always have the easiest draw if you measure it in terms of travel.

Can't remember the last time they played in Geelong, the Northern Territory or Tasmania.
From the Pies point if view, doubling up against Carlton and Essendon every season has been a dream for about the last 15 years.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Can someone please tell me again why those teams esp. Collingwood, get to travel much less than other teams...?

Can someone please tell me again why those teams esp. Collingwood, get to travel much less than other teams...?
All the other Melbourne based clubs request home games against Collingwood because of the extra gate revenue those games bring. Not the only reason but it’s part of it

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
All the other Melbourne based clubs request home games against Collingwood because of the extra gate revenue those games bring. Not the only reason but it’s part of it
Okay, so money is a part-reason..and home games around Melbourne (which seems obvious now that you've mentioned it). Which leads me to the much asked question and heavily discussed subject of 'why isn't it, or when will it be, a more level national comp" - but I really don't want to drag this down the dark rabbithole of Vic bias and all that jazz!
moving along...:rolleyes:

Gaggle

Draftee
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

It's more than that Keys. The stats don't lie....
Since 2000 we've played Collingwood 24 times excluding finals.
Only 5yrs we've played them twice, so a H & A each.
The other 14yrs we've had to travel to Victoria 12 times and had just 2 games at home.
Whatever happened to home 1yr, away the next?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The other 14yrs we've had to travel to Victoria 12 times and had just 2 games at home.

And we still beat 'em 3 times in 2018 and won the flag!!

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Yeh it really should be if you played them away last year you play them home the next. It’s ridiculous

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Also if the AFL can pimp out Collingwood to minow clubs for gate revenue why the hell can't we??
I know Norf tried once to play us at Subi as their home game and the afl squashed it.
Rather than play the Norf in Tazzy, and the Saints at Marvel stadium, why not let them come here for a home game and help them pay back some debt and lighten our travel load?

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
So it's blatantly rigged or stacked in Pies favour? If so, why then are the Pies so heavily favoured compared to other Vic teams - their gate pull, money, donations to AFL, politics, the Eddie Mcguire factor?
Also, how does the gate split work for small clubs playing big clubs?

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
So it's blatantly rigged or stacked in Pies favour? If so, why then are the Pies so heavily favoured compared to other Vic teams - their gate pull, money, donations to AFL, politics, the Eddie Mcguire factor?

You missed nostalgia, which is the only thing that can explain most of the half time grand final entertainment.

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
You missed nostalgia, which is the only thing that can explain most of the half time grand final entertainment.
Yeh I guess - the oldest biggest working class club of local legends, an institution...and as such carries some clout obviously.(our very own manchester united?)

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Also, how does the gate split work for small clubs playing big clubs?
The AFL run money making entertainment. That is all.

Nah, Man U are successful.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back