Oppo Camp Jono Marsh has been signed by the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to see him back at Collingwood. He was good value down back. I would certainly prefer him to Goldsack on the taller players. Perhaps if we get early bids on both Quaynor and Kelly and cannot afford the latter player, Marsh might come into calculations. Try as I do I still don't understand the points system as well as I should and don't really like the idea of mortgaging next year's picks if required.

I would love to see him back at Collingwood. He was good value down back. I would certainly prefer him to Goldsack on the taller players. Perhaps if we get early bids on both Quaynor and Kelly and cannot afford the latter player, Marsh might come into calculations. Try as I do I still don't understand the points system as well as I should and don't really like the idea of mortgaging next year's picks if required.

We’ve set up our draft and list management around bringing those two in so under no circumstances will we pass on either. Marsh will likely bypass the draft and be signed in the same manner as Mumford and Clarke if he gets another shot, but if I was a betting man he’s overlooked again this year and signs with one of the stand alone VFL teams. There just hasn’t been any noise around him aside from the one article which was most likely put out there by his agent!

I liked him a lot, my guess is he ends up at Freo
He’s moving to Vic with his GF apparently, so not sure a WA club would be willing to grab him.

He’s moving to Vic with his GF apparently, so not sure a WA club would be willing to grab him.
What? He's moving back to Melb, why hasn't anyone mentioned this?

Well played nahnah!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really surprising and I reckon he'd be a good get. Don't know enough about some of the other options cited.

READYMADE KEY DEFENSIVE OPTIONS

Jonathon Marsh – Richmond VFL – 194cm – 24yo
Has put his hand up to return to the AFL after two seasons at East Fremantle in the WAFL. Preparing to play under his former Collingwood assistant Craig McRae at Punt Road this season.

Sam McLarty – Williamstown – 197cm– 20yo
Cut from the Pies after two seasons on the list in November. Started as a key defender before playing forward/ruck in the VFL. Now training as a defender at the Seagulls.

Harry Nolan – Coburg – 195cm – 19yo
Seen to have AFL attributes as an athletic defender. A Vic Metro representative as a junior, Nolan will be given every opportunity in the VFL this season. Runner-up to Jaidyn Stephenson in the Eastern Ranges' TAC Cup best and fairest in 2017.

Michael Talia – Norwood – 194cm – 25yo
Played 31 games at the Western Bulldogs and Sydney before he was cut at the end of 2016. Since moving to Adelaide and spending more time with brother Daniel, he has matured in the SANFL. Has had his off-field queries but enjoyed a strong season for the Redlegs in 2018.

Daniel Nielson – Werribee – 194cm – 22yo
Managed seven AFL games for North Melbourne in 2017 before he was cut at the end of 2018. A lockdown defender who returns to the Roos' former VFL affiliate to play under Mark 'Choco' Williams.

Aaron Black – Geelong VFL – 192cm – 28yo
Played three matches for Geelong last season as a forward-turned-defender before he was struck down with an ACL injury. Now on the mend, may be an option come the mid-season draft.

Nathan Mullenger-McHugh – Box Hill – 196cm – 21yo
Spent three seasons at Whitten Oval but was unable to make his senior debut. Crossed to Box Hill and was this week added to the club's leadership group. Speed is his big asset.

Only nine days before the end of the pre-season supplemental selection period so be nice if ASADA would make some announcement on Murray before then. Otherwise we'd need to wait till the mid-season draft to replace him (if suspended) if that is what we intend to do.

Only nine days before the end of the pre-season supplemental selection period so be nice if ASADA would make some announcement on Murray before then. Otherwise we'd need to wait till the mid-season draft to replace him (if suspended) if that is what we intend to do.

Unless there is someone that we are really keen on for the longer term, we'd be better off keeping our powder dry for the midseason draft even if Murray gets de-registered - just in case there is a player type that we need to target due to injury or other issues.

Doesn't imply we're one of the clubs interested, though that can change.

Mentions; North Melbourne, St Kilda and Sydney.

After two years as a midfielder and defender back home in WA for East Fremantle, the 23-year-old has expressed his desire to return to the AFL.

A strong showing as an intercept defender in a recent intraclub with the Tigers' senior side proved the 194cm Marsh had qualities to play at the top level.

Now with a number of injuries to key defenders across the competition, Marsh's time at Richmond may be short lived as clubs consider their options.

The Swans' list management team will meet this week after key defender Jack Maibaum was ruled out for the season with a ruptured ACL and will be placed on the long-term injury list.

As a result, key defensive depth has been reduced to Aliir Aliir, Dane Rampe, Lewis Melican and veteran Heath Grundy.

While the ability to add a player to a club's training squad closed last week, the Swans still have nine days to decide before the end of the pre-season supplemental selection period.

AFL.com.au understands Sydney is also circling South Adelaide's Hayden McLean and another ex-Pie in Williamstown's Sam McLarty.

Doesn't imply we're one of the clubs interested, though that can change.

Mentions; North Melbourne, St Kilda and Sydney.

Yep, read that. I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least have him on a shortlist as a potential pre or mid season draftees. There was some acrimony in his departure but I'd hope we'd be able to get past that if he was our ultimate target.

Doesn’t actually say any of those clubs are interested... just that they ‘could’ be..

Seems to me an article was researched about the key defenders and the March cut off date and mid season draft... and then the editor has said lets 'clickbait' it by inserting Collingwood into it. Still, good luck to Marsh or McLarty if they get another chance

If homesickness and depression was his problem back in 2016, and he has now made the big move back to Victoria, you wouldn't think another move to Sydney would be high on his list of priorities. Besides, given they missed on Langdon and Moore, Sydney haven't had much success recruiting Pie's players recently. Even McLarty seems to have a chance of resurrecting his AFL career. Good luck to both of them.

If homesickness and depression was his problem back in 2016, and he has now made the big move back to Victoria, you wouldn't think another move to Sydney would be high on his list of priorities. Besides, given they missed on Langdon and Moore, Sydney haven't had much success recruiting Pie's players recently. Even McLarty seems to have a chance of resurrecting his AFL career. Good luck to both of them.

I reckon we have not heard the last of McLarty yet at AFL Level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back