VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and im s**t out of luck...

Licensing rules prohibit non Aust IP addy from use.

AS clearly there is a massive contract breach and licensing issue of VFL coverage outside Aust :rolleyes::drunk:

FFS.

GO Catters

and im s**t out of luck...

Licensing rules prohibit non Aust IP addy from use.

AS clearly there is a massive contract breach and licensing issue of VFL coverage outside Aust :rolleyes::drunk:

FFS.

GO Catters

I read on their website they were hoping to stream through the GFC website at some stage. Would that bypass that issue if it was to eventuate?

I read on their website they were hoping to stream through the GFC website at some stage. Would that bypass that issue if it was to eventuate?
in theory yes....

I have some ninja moves left if still goes pear shaped but the fact that the license forbids oveseas IP access when the % of market would be less than 2% probably makes me laugh.

GO Catters

Noticed this advertised on Facebook.

Don't think it is affiliated with the club, but it'll be awesome to have something like this so those who can't make it to the games or who live in areas without TV coverage can keep up to date with what is happening with the VFL/VFLW sides.

Here's the link to the site: https://gofooty.live/
Thanks gofooty, this is an improvement but I still have an issue trusting any commentary that I don't actually see myself.

Not like commentators slant it in favor of their favorite players/teams, ie: Ch7. ;)

The following is from an article in today's Geelong Addy that is focusing on Dean Gore's return from ACL injury (going really positively), but it also discussed a couple of other VFL players and where things are at:

“He’s really comfortable with where his body is at and he’s raring to go, so he’s basically one of our new recruits, along with (Dan) Capiron and Benny Reid — to not the same extent — but they’re three guys that we’re glad to get back in our system as mature-aged VFL players.” O’Bree said Gore would be an asset in whatever role he was given.
“Gorey’s got good flexibility. He can play halfback, he can play inside mid, he can play outside mid as well,” O’Bree said.
“They’re our most valuable VFL players, the ones that can play multiple positions.”
Capiron failed to get on the park in 2018 after suffering debilitating hip complaints, but has also featured in the two trials, while Reid and Campbell Floyd have also returned to full fitness in a boost for O’Bree’s stocks.
“Campbell’s done all his rehab and recovery and he’s just getting up to match fitness now,” O’Bree said. “He hasn’t done any AFL training sessions, but he’s done all the VFL requirements at training so hopefully Campbell will get a few games against AFL-VFL listed teams in coming weeks.
“Dan’s played the two trial games against the local clubs, he’s running really well, looks bloody fit, just needs to get a bit more match practice into him after missing a year of footy.”

Full article here: https://outline.com/DDzJVE

GEELONG’s VFL team will make its first appearance on the MCG in more than a decade when it meets Essendon ahead of the Country Round AFL clash between the Cats and Bombers on May 5.

It is among three curtain raisers Geelong will feature in during 2019, with meetings against Sandringham on July 13 and North Melbourne on August 10 to be played at GMHBA Stadium before the AFL Cats take on St Kilda and North Melbourne respectively...

2019 VFL CURTAIN RAISERS
GMHBA Stadium
VFL Round 15 Geelong Cats v Sandringham on Saturday, July 13, 3.45pm
(curtain-raiser to Geelong Cats v St Kilda)
VFL Round 19 Geelong Cats v North Melbourne on Saturday, August 10, 3.45pm
(curtain-raiser to Geelong v North Melbourne)
MCG:
VFL Round 5 Essendon v Geelong Cats on Sunday, May 5, 11.50am
(curtain-raiser to Essendon v Geelong Cats)

I think krock has things slightly wrong as the round 5 match is our home game, so surely we should be named first.

Otherwise this all sounds good

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/vfl-news/vfl-cats-return-mcg/

Thanks to Krock for the following:

GEELONG has released 45-strong initial VFL training squad ahead of next week’s start of pre-season.

To again be coached by Shane O’Bree, the Cats will have eight sessions at Deakin University’s Elite Sports Precinct in Waurn Ponds before Christmas.

Twenty-one of those invited are new to the Cats, including Geelong Falcons trio Baxter Mensch (son of ex-Geelong forward David), Zac Knights (son of Cats assistant and former Richmond great Matthew) and Titit Nyak.

Geelong has also opened the door to six fresh faces from the GFL; Newtown & Chilwell trio Alex Cincotta, Ned Harris and Jy Lane, Colac big man Adam Garner, St Joseph’s ruck Josh Hovey, and St Mary’s young gun Harry Ling.

The Cats will announce more additions once the AFL draft period is concluded.

GEELONG VFL TRAINING SQUAD (*indicates new)

PLAYER 2018 INTERCHANGE CLUB
Cooper Jones, Bell Park
James Gow, Bell Park
Kyle O’Connor, Bell Park
Zane Kieghran*, Bendigo Pioneers
Jamie Dunne*, Benalla
Campbell Floyd, Colac
Ethan Floyd, Colac
Zac Zdybel, Colac
Adam Garner*, Colac
Daniel Frampton*, Dandenong Stingrays
Ben Reid, Echuca
Angus Byrne*, Echuca
Zac Knights*, Geelong Falcons
Baxter Mensch*, Geelong Falcons
Titit Nyak*, Geelong Falcons
David Handley, Geelong West Giants
Brayden Helyar*, Greater Western Victoria Rebels
James Tsitas, Grovedale
Nic Hutchinson*, Kingsborough Tigers
Taylor Mulraney*, Koroit
Jarrod Korewha*, Koroit
Mitch Diamond, Newtown & Chilwell
Ned Harris*, Newtown & Chilwell
Alex Cincotta*, Newtown & Chilwell
Jy Lane*, Newtown & Chilwell
Luke Smith*, Shepparton Bears
Nik Rokahr*, Shepparton Bears
Jeremiah Scrutton*, Solomontown
Lachlan Noble, South Barwon
Will Sexton, South Barwon
Callum Mitchell, St Joseph’s
Curtis McCarthy, St Joseph’s
Daniel Capiron, St Joseph’s
Jackson McLachlan, St Joseph’s
Jordan Keras, St Joseph’s
Tom Atkins, St Joseph’s
Josh Hovey*, St Joseph’s
Jack Blood, St Mary’s
Pat Dowling, St Mary’s
Tom Lang, St Mary’s
Trent McMullan, St Mary’s
Aiden Grace, St Mary’s
Dean Gore, St Mary’s
Harry Ling*, St Mary’s
Jake Moorhead, Strathfieldsaye

2019 VFL Fixture

Round 1 - Geelong vs Richmond @ GMHBA Stadium, Friday 5th April @ 7.30pm

Round 2 - Geelong vs Northern Blues @ GMHBA Stadium, Sunday 14th April @ 1.00pm

Round 3 - Werribee vs Geelong @ Avalon Airport Oval, Saturday 20th April @ 2.00pm

Round 4 - BYE

Round 5 - Essendon vs Geelong @ MCG/Windy Hill, Sunday 5th May @ 11.40am*

Round 6 - North Melbourne vs Geelong @ Avalon Airport Oval, Sunday 12th May @ 2.30pm

Round 7 - Geelong vs Collingwood @ GMHBA Stadium, Sunday 19th May @ 1.00pm

Round 8 - Geelong vs Coburg @ GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 25th May @ 2.00pm

Round 9 - Footscray vs Geelong @ Whitten Oval, Sunday 2nd June @ 2.00pm

Round 10 - Richmond vs Geelong @ Punt Road Oval, Saturday 8th June @ 11.00am

Round 11 - BYE

Round 12 - Geelong vs Frankston @ GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 22nd June @ 2.00pm

Round 13 - Northern Blues vs Geelong @ IKON Park, Saturday 29th June @ 2.00pm

Round 14 - Box Hill vs Geelong @ Box Hill City Oval, Saturday 6th July @ 2.00pm

Round 15 - Geelong vs Sandringham @ GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 13th July @ 3.45pm

Round 16 - Casey vs Geelong @ Casey Fields, Saturday 20th July @ 2.00pm

Round 17 - BYE

Round 18 - Port Melbourne vs Geelong @ North Port Oval, Sunday 4th August @ 2.00pm

Round 19 - Geelong vs North Melbourne @ GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 10th August @ 3.45pm

Round 20 - Williamstown vs Geelong @ Point Gellibrand, Sunday 18th August @ 11.40am*

Round 21 - Geelong vs Essendon @ GMHBA Stadium, Date and time TBC

Games with an asterix are scheduled to be televised on 7, while games bolded are curtain raisers. The May 5 game and also the game in Round 21 could also be curtain raisers depending on the venue and date respectively.

List to squad link: http://www.krockfootball.com.au/vfl-news/fresh-faces-cats-squad/

Thanks winty for posting the fixture
Not many from TAC U18s 2018... Although we do have a lot of young players on the Main list, so I can see a good 10-12 developing players each week from the Main list playing VFL, assuming no major injuries ofc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to both guys, but really happy to see Aaron named as one of the co-captains - hopefully the first step in the right direction for 2019 for him

And congrats to these three for being named in the leadership group - and for a guy who hasn't played a game at the club for 3 years, it shows how week regarded Dean is

I still think returning to the AFL list isn't wholly out of the question for Black and Gore. But even if it is, I'm hopeful they can have a positive impact on the kids coming through.

I still think returning to the AFL list isn't wholly out of the question for Black and Gore. But even if it is, I'm hopeful they can have a positive impact on the kids coming through.
I totally think the same - be interesting to see what happens come mid-year and if we have an open spot on our list (season ending injury) and we decide to partake in the midseason draft, would it be one of those guys we may target ahead of someone from totally outside the club?

Gore, Tsitas, Black, Floyd, Keras is a decent core for the VFL.

Add Reid as a Key Defender, then the AFL listed players. I am not bullish, but we will have a good group there to help development.

Being at the VFL this afternoon sounds like a dream when compared to my plan of working followed by the long commute home to hopefully still catch the AFL.

Hopefully the Twitter feed can provide some comfort.

I hope to be there.

I have heard so little of Kennerley and Jarvis, it will be interesting to see how they go.

Also keen to see how Buzza goes down back and whether Cunico, Parsons, Abbott, Jones, Simpson ( two years in )are showing more. This is where the push needs to happen if we are going anywhere.

Could you post through a few reports if possible?
Also Kyle Reid is he playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back