Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Macreadie really showed stacks that first year - composure, courage, clean skills

I have high hopes but his struggle with ongoing injuries have been disappointing and a bit of a worry. Like others will he have the resilience and longevity
Agree looked fantastic in his first year but doesn’t seem to have put on any size at all since not sure what the deal is with that, maybe just naturally skinny and struggles to put on weight, might need to resort to force feeding him next pre season. 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that Macreadie, Marchbank, Kreuzer and Williamson who are back in full training. :thumbsu:

As I live and breathe! Is that Harrison Macreadie?

Looks deconditioned, but alive, importantly.
Agree looked fantastic in his first year but doesn’t seem to have put on any size at all since not sure what the deal is with that, maybe just naturally skinny and struggles to put on weight, might need to resort to force feeding him next pre season. 🤪
I've covered before that he's a natural endurance runner, so like Walsh and Simpson, he'll probably always play a little lighter than most simply because he burns the fat off. I really didn't like the way he bulked up last pre-season, because he just looked like he was getting fat rather than getting strong.

Another aspect to this is that it's pretty obvious that we have picked up a relatively low-carb approach to club dietary habits (and you can even see that in the coaches). This has that same 'naturally' slim effect, pretty much due to the same mechanisms that natural endurance runners display. In a well conditioned athlete, you'll notice this most dramatically in the cheeks, upper arm, upper leg, buttock, core (though this is also due to the loss of visceral fat) and calves, where some of the largest muscles (and thus the largest concentrations of glycogen storage aside from the liver) reside.

The good news is that in a well-balanced and well-tailored diet with this approach, people often pack on a little more muscle all else being equal, dramatically increasing their power to weight ratio. We're about to move into an era of professional sports where people can retire as late as 40 again in a huge range of sports, and hell of a lot less power/speed athletes retire from their sport and discover they're pre-diabetic.

EDIT: tidied this up a bit

Poor Charlie having to get jackets and coats two sizes bigger than the rest of him...

Last edited:

Apparently he has Chron's: not really but ....well maybe

So that Macreadie, Marchbank, Kreuzer and Williamson who are back in full training. :thumbsu:

I've covered before that he's a natural endurance runner, so like Walsh and Simpson, he'll probably always play a little lighter than most simply because he burns the fat off. I really didn't like the way he bulked up last pre-season, because he just looked like he was getting fat rather than getting strong.

Another aspect to this is that it's pretty obvious that we have picked up a relatively low-carb approach to club dietary habits (and you can even see that in the coaches). This has that same 'naturally' slim effect, pretty much due to the same mechanisms that natural endurance runners display. In a well conditioned athlete, you'll notice this most dramatically in the cheeks, upper arm, upper leg, buttock, core (though this is also due to the loss of visceral fat) and calves, where some of the largest muscles (and thus the largest concentrations of glycogen storage aside from the liver) reside.

The good news is that in a well-balanced and well-tailored diet with this approach, people often pack on a little more muscle all else being equal, dramatically increasing their power to weight ratio. We're about to move into an era of professional sports where people can retire as late as 40 again in a huge range of sports, and hell of a lot less power/speed athletes retire from their sport and discover they're pre-diabetic.

EDIT: tidied this up a bit

Poor Charlie having to get jackets and coats two sizes bigger than the rest of him...

No he just borrowed one from his mate standing next to him

how was the kobe event? did your mate like it? i wish i could have gone but couldnt afford the tickets ($800+ wtf)

He loved it, mentioned that he saw Roughy from the Hawks and had a chat to him for about 30 minutes. Asked him about Bolts. Roughy loves him, mentioned he is exactly like Clarko was early days, developing and teaching now, when they lads are ready he will turn into a hard ass coach and become very demanding. Indicated we have the cream and pointed to charlie and crippa :thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:

He loved it, mentioned that he saw Roughy from the Hawks and had a chat to him for about 30 minutes. Asked him about Bolts. Roughy loves him, mentioned he is exactly like Clarko was early days, developing and teaching now, when they lads are ready he will turn into a hard ass coach and become very demanding. Indicated we have the cream and pointed to charlie and crippa :thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:
Very cool. Roughy sounds like a good bloke and Bolts seems to be very highly regarded by a lot of neutrals in the business.

Far out Crippa is a unit and a half, if I was Bolts I’d have Crippa up the forward line for 30% of the game and move Charlie into the midfield whilst he’s down there.

Was in Khao San Road restaurant in Moonee Ponds a few months back with the wife and kids, in walks Cripps with his mum and dad. My son was awestruck and was just staring, 5 minutes later Cripps old man came back to our table and asked if he wanted to come and have a chat with Cripps.

Special family is all I can say!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back