Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I think AFL Tas have made a great choice for the TAC Cup team by appointing Adrian Fletcher. Lots of footy experience at the top level and also coaching under age sides. Great to see a passionate Tasmanian get the job.

Great to see him back. He will have the right attitude for the kids at least. He's been there, done that as a player & junior coach.

My problem is I can't see the TSL surviving with a VFL & FT Mariners. The money to support those teams would have created a better TSL which would have been better for the kids. The areas around TSL clubs would have benefited too with better coaching from TSL clubs filtering down to regional footy. Simply put, could have seen more AFL knowledge & experience spread around the State. So now the game will almost certainly stagnate even more, while a few guys will have fun being flown around the countryside. An expensive waste of money that could have been invested in a much better way IMO.

As if the AFL really GAF anyway.

I remind youse AFL patsies , they have got what they want. One team ,TAC cup , all kids in it , so the 1 draftee can easily b identified
Stuff the rest of the state.
this model is around other States

A few new recruits to the state league for next yeae.
Micky Paul from Huonville and young Elija Reardon from Cygnet both to Kingston.
Marty Allison from Claremont to the Dees.
Any other recruits?

York Park unavailable for next year's state league grand final. Being resurfaced.
Possibility of it being played at either Boot Park or North Hobart.
First couple of weeks of the finals to be played at team's home ground rather than York Park or Blundstone.

If it's still a final five, Clarence. To be honest, I'm not convinced by Launceston, either, and the Tigers have done them a few times in the past. If it's a top four in 2019, then Tigers for fifth and no action...

It's a statistical thing buzzing in my head. I'm putting together the 2009-18 TSL records, which is why there's been no pre-war score research lately, and it stuck out like dog's balls the way the Tigers dramatically improved everything this year - possession, attacking and defensive numbers - everything except the WL ledger. To me it looks very much like a window...

If it's still a final five, Clarence. To be honest, I'm not convinced by Launceston, either, and the Tigers have done them a few times in the past. If it's a top four in 2019, then Tigers for fifth and no action...

It's a statistical thing buzzing in my head. I'm putting together the 2009-18 TSL records, which is why there's been no pre-war score research lately, and it stuck out like dog's balls the way the Tigers dramatically improved everything this year - possession, attacking and defensive numbers - everything except the WL ledger. To me it looks very much like a window...

At this 'early' stage it looks like NL by how far to Lauderdale then a further 2 lengths back & a Blanket over Glenorchy, Clar, Launy, Kings. Even NH could be in the finals mix.

At this 'early' stage it looks like NL by how far to Lauderdale then a further 2 lengths back & a Blanket over Glenorchy, Clar, Launy, Kings. Even NH could be in the finals mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine, not theirs. I'm also interrupting research on the 1930's to do it...

I'm on the lookout for other sources aside from the jumbled and incomplete mess that is Sportstg, so if you can point me in a general direction...?

Mine, not theirs. I'm also interrupting research on the 1930's to do it...

I'm on the lookout for other sources aside from the jumbled and incomplete mess that is Sportstg, so if you can point me in a general direction...?

What sort of info are you after?

North Launceston have lost quite a few, probably still the team to beat but expect the gap to be not as big.

What sort of info are you after?
What have you got! You've got me intrigued as to who I'm talking to...

For 2009-18 TSL:
1) There are a couple of games where goalkickers aren't listed,
2) I haven't bothered counting games played, because Sportingpulse is woefully inaccurate in many seasons,
3) A couple of dozen first names of players,
4) I could probably get B&F's, captains and coaches easily enough when I get around to it.

On top of that, the "pre-war" thing I alluded to, I'm working on the entire scoreboard history of Tasmanian football using Trove for everything before 1954. I've got a thread in the History section which has the highlights so far. 1955 onwards is down the track and an entirely new challenge, first things first. Goals, quarters, scores - everything, no potted details. I'll contact clubs one day to fill in gaps, which will largely be games tallies. The whole thing might end up in a book or magazine series, and as I look at the copy of Ken Pinchin's 1979 TFL centenary book I have here in my study, I'm conscious of the 150 year milestone coming up in 2029...if I can get all this done before the decade is up, I might have something to interest them...

What have you got! You've got me intrigued as to who I'm talking to...

For 2009-18 TSL:
1) There are a couple of games where goalkickers aren't listed,
2) I haven't bothered counting games played, because Sportingpulse is woefully inaccurate in many seasons,
3) A couple of dozen first names of players,
4) I could probably get B&F's, captains and coaches easily enough when I get around to it.
Can help with the goalkicking, player names etc. Coaches etc I don't have handy, but yeah that stuff is easy to find.

In terms of Games, the onus has fallen back on the clubs to keep track of milestone games etc. The SP info can't be reconciled as clubs don't update it correctly unfortunately (NL has 27 players still listed for a game in 2009!)

Last edited:
North Launceston have lost quite a few, probably still the team to beat but expect the gap to be not as big.
I think Launceston have lost quite a few as well. As far as I know all the Burnie Dockers youngsters that were forced to play with them last year won't be there this year and I don't know if that is coincidence or whether there is more to the story, 2 of them have gone to Clarence and I'm not sure about the others. Launceston may be one of the team's that miss the finals in my opinion. North Hobart have picked up 2 good youngsters from Burnie in Jack McCulloch and Finlay Poke. McCulloch is a only lightly built and is a very strong mark and a beautiful straight kick for goal and Poke is a very handy midfielder. Kingborough recruit Jarred Drew who also played with Burnie last year is a very good player and will be a handy pickup for the Tigers. Matt Elliott from Smithton is a gun and will be a very good player for Lauderdale.

Does anybody know where the TSL clearances are?
Seems to happen every year. Never available.
Yet SFL and old scholars are available in the southern competitions.

Does anybody know where the TSL clearances are?
Seems to happen every year. Never available.
Yet SFL and old scholars are available in the southern competitions.

Because AFLTas dont care about football. Its golf & races that interest them at the moment. & the AFLW. Local footy is irrelevant to them.

Any practise matches so far, anyone??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back