Preview AFLW R6 North Melbourne v Collingwood, 4.45pm Saturday 9 March, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
It's a long way in advance, but this game (on International Women's Day) will not just be North Melbourne's only match in metropolitan Melbourne for season 2019, and probably a vital match towards the end of the short season.

This day will also feature an exhibition of women's masters (over 35s) football, for which I am in the squad and my partner has been selected on the ground. We are all pretty excited - women from seven states coming together for the match - and hopefully will put on a fun show and add to an enjoyable day out for fans of AFLW. If I look like getting out there, I'll let you know!

It's a long way in advance, but this game (on International Women's Day) will not just be North Melbourne's only match in metropolitan Melbourne for season 2019, and probably a vital match towards the end of the short season.

This day will also feature an exhibition of women's masters (over 35s) football, for which I am in the squad and my partner has been selected on the ground. We are all pretty excited - women from seven states coming together for the match - and hopefully will put on a fun show and add to an enjoyable day out for fans of AFLW. If I look like getting out there, I'll let you know!
Will be there too with daughter. We can give you a chant of Hearts to Hearts. Have to give us your guernsey number.

Bumping now the game is this Saturday.

Should be the perfect answer to last week's disappointing loss to the Crows, to run all over the Pies, get an important win on the board, and lift the percentage back up to where it is safer with the last round to go and a lot of good teams fighting to make top 2 in our conference.

On the exhibition game, we will run out bascially as soon as the gates open at 3.30 and be off by 4 so the real stuff can get prepared. At this stage I'm still an emergency, having failed to adequately injure/exhaust any of the other older ladies at training - if there's a late callup I'll post my number but even if not it's still been and will be a great experience to be part of. Got chatting the other day to a player who was involved in 1979, setting up the first women's footy teams in Victoria as the precursor to the women's VFL. Legend (that no-one has ever heard of), and so great to play alongside her.

Sissy Rose, my little Dachsador
sissy-in-jumper-1-jpg.611958

barks the following

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage I'm still an emergency, having failed to adequately injure/exhaust any of the other older ladies at training - if there's a late callup I'll post my number but even if not it's still been and will be a great experience to be part of.

If you need anyone's leg broken prior just give us a holler H to h.

Bumping now the game is this Saturday.

Should be the perfect answer to last week's disappointing loss to the Crows, to run all over the Pies, get an important win on the board, and lift the percentage back up to where it is safer with the last round to go and a lot of good teams fighting to make top 2 in our conference.

On the exhibition game, we will run out bascially as soon as the gates open at 3.30 and be off by 4 so the real stuff can get prepared. At this stage I'm still an emergency, having failed to adequately injure/exhaust any of the other older ladies at training - if there's a late callup I'll post my number but even if not it's still been and will be a great experience to be part of. Got chatting the other day to a player who was involved in 1979, setting up the first women's footy teams in Victoria as the precursor to the women's VFL. Legend (that no-one has ever heard of), and so great to play alongside her.
1979???
How old is she now? 60?

Instagram_Team_Graphic_AFLW_Round6_Team%20%283%29.jpg
Ahead of the big clash against Collingwood at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, the Roos have called up debutants Taylor Mesiti and Daria Bannister to the squad of 21, presented by Powershop.

Defender Emma Humphries and forward Courteney Munn have been omitted.

Munn will be joined by Chloe Haines as an emergency.

Thought I was going mad for a sec - no Gibbo? They've named Jas Grierson twice.

Instagram_Team_Graphic_AFLW_Round6_Team%20%283%29.jpg
Ahead of the big clash against Collingwood at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, the Roos have called up debutants Taylor Mesiti and Daria Bannister to the squad of 21, presented by Powershop.

Defender Emma Humphries and forward Courteney Munn have been omitted.

Munn will be joined by Chloe Haines as an emergency.
Has Gibson changed her name to Grierson ?

If you need anyone's leg broken prior just give us a holler H to h.
Sounds now like I will get a run - will provide details on the day so anyone there early enough can check my electric form.

Sounds now like I will get a run - will provide details on the day so anyone there early enough can check my electric form.

If you kick a goal try to do a Mario Balotelli “live tweet” of the celebration.

Awesome news and congrats!

Can't make it on the day, but wishing you all the best for the big game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back