Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to go right down to the wire between Man City and Liverpool. Man City have stronger squad but they are still in more competitions than Liverpool. Who knows which way it’s going to go but hopefully it goes right until the final game .

Don’t Panic !!

0-0 probably a fair result. After the early Manu injuries, they did well to shut the game down. Maybe the Mou bus parking lessons are paying off after all?
Yerssss! Possibly.....Though in fairness i hardly think United could be accused of parking the bus in that game!
Thought we did well considering the injuries early and felt whilst Liverpool had more of the ball United kept taking the game to them
In truth i just feel Liverpool were poor in that game, opportunity lost possibly!
But clearly you guys got your mojo back against Watford!
I still feel you are in the driving seat for the title but it should go down to the wire!
From our perspective, we just need to lock down a spot in the top 4 from here!

Could not be more thrilled with the way things have turned at the club since Ole brought the soul back to Old Trafford!

Yerssss! Possibly.....Though in fairness i hardly think United could be accused of parking the bus in that game!
Thought we did well considering the injuries early and felt whilst Liverpool had more of the ball United kept taking the game to them
In truth i just feel Liverpool were poor in that game, opportunity lost possibly!
I still feel you are in the driving seat for the title but it should go down to the wire!

Could not be more thrilled with the way things have turned at the club since Ole brought the soul back to Old Trafford!

It is amazing how Man U have turned their season around . It really makes you think that your previous manager wasn’t accepted by the players , or at least the style he wanted wasn’t suited to the players . Since Ole arrived the players seem to be enjoying footy again and are playing as a team . They should sign him up for a couple seasons at least .

Don’t Panic !!

Yeah fair comment on the Liverpool game. It would have been a more attacking game for both sides, if you didn’t get the three injuries early and Firmino hadn’t gone off for us. A moral victory for you guys I think.
Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are all over the place, so you’re a real chance.

Big derby day with Liverpool vs Everton . Huge game for Liverpool, need to win to go back on top . Every game is important now . Spurs have dropped out so now it’s just Liverpool and Man City .

Man U look like they could finish top 4 , who would have believed that just a few months back . Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have all dropped games allowing Man U to push into top 4 . Hard to see United not continuing on with it from here as the other three yo-yo .

Don’t Panic !!

0-0 at half time. Typical derby match, pretty messy.

Liverpool have looked more dangerous. Salah would have put his chance away 9 out of 10 times, was a good save by Pickford.

Gonna by a tense 2nd half for Liverpool especially if it goes awhile for them without scoring.

Watched the derby game from go to woe. I went into the game with a zen-like calm. Everton had absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Liverpool are man-for-man, WAY ahead of my beloved Toffees in talent and class, however my side played with total commitment and passion, and were worthy of a share of the spoils.... in fact, when Richo laid that ball into the path of Bernard, it was only a pumpteenth away from us going one nil up. It’s now going to be a test of character in seeing who lifts the EPL title. City (in my humble opinion) are just marginally ahead of Liverpool in terms of “ big match “ temperament Guardiola has the wood on Klopp, and in his post match Presser Klopp blamed “the wind” for the result..... not a good look.
It promises to be a great contest right up to the finish, may the best team win!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the crucial factors in this coming period for both clubs,is the Champions League. IF Liverpool are eliminated by Munich, ( and I’m not sure that they will be ) then they are free to stay focussed on the EPL title..... City, on the other hand, have not only the CL but also an away tie at Swansea in the FA Cup..... if they progress in these comps, then the pressure on keeping the strongest squad “fighting fit” is enormous. As I’ve remarked earlier, ( IMHO ) City are just ahead of the Reds as far as coping with the pressure goes....there again, they have ( potentially ) a lot more games to negotiate before that EPL “final match day” in May. I would not write off Liverpool ( IF they can stop getting draws )

Salah was fantastic last season but this year those clever flicks and awesome shots on goal just aren’t coming off at the moment. He’s still a great player but he’s not having the influence he had last year. I’m not disappointed in him because after last season you just knew clubs were going to try and smother him . But it is disappointing that none of the other players have stood up consistently to cover for him if he can’t get into the game .

Don’t Panic !!

Salah was fantastic last season but this year those clever flicks and awesome shots on goal just aren’t coming off at the moment. He’s still a great player but he’s not having the influence he had last year. I’m not disappointed in him because after last season you just knew clubs were going to try and smother him . But it is disappointing that none of the other players have stood up consistently to cover for him if he can’t get into the game .

Mane has been really good, stepping up when Salah hasn't at times. I think the biggest glaring weakness in the Liverpool squad at the moment is a lack of goals from midfield. Hopefully Keita can become that goal scorer, because the rotation of Henderson, Milner and Lallana is pretty uninspiring.

Don’t Panic !!

Salah was indeed “fantastic” last season....... and had the goals to prove that. In my humble opinion he is STILL “fantastic” it’s just that opposition coaches have put more work into stopping him than last season... this was always going to be the case.... just like in AFL when a particular game plan,or star player has a great season, the following season efforts are put into negating them.
With the greatest respect, think you’re being just a WEE bit harsh on the other players, that strike force of Mane, Firmino and Salah is a “once in a lifetime” combination, and will fire up once again, before too long. Salah was excellent on Sunday and it was only a great save from Pickford ( who redeemed himself ) and a wonder tackle from Michael Keane (in one of his best games for my Blues) that prevented Mo getting on the score sheet. Look mate, my blood flows Royal Blue, but I’m not blind to talent. I LOVE watching Liverpool in full attack mode. Salah is GREAT, and so humble! So what if his form has stumbled a bit? Enjoy the title race.... I only wish WE could participate☹️ COYB!

Salah was indeed “fantastic” last season....... and had the goals to prove that. In my humble opinion he is STILL “fantastic” it’s just that opposition coaches have put more work into stopping him than last season... this was always going to be the case.... just like in AFL when a particular game plan,or star player has a great season, the following season efforts are put into negating them.
With the greatest respect, think you’re being just a WEE bit harsh on the other players, that strike force of Mane, Firmino and Salah is a “once in a lifetime” combination, and will fire up once again, before too long. Salah was excellent on Sunday and it was only a great save from Pickford ( who redeemed himself ) and a wonder tackle from Michael Keane (in one of his best games for my Blues) that prevented Mo getting on the score sheet. Look mate, my blood flows Royal Blue, but I’m not blind to talent. I LOVE watching Liverpool in full attack mode. Salah is GREAT, and so humble! So what if his form has stumbled a bit? Enjoy the title race.... I only wish WE could participate☹️ COYB!

Yeah I have been a bit harsh on the rest of the squad as they are still there with a chance of winning the league . I think I jumped the gun a bit .
Would be nice for us both be fighting out the league again , I remember when the Liverpool vs Everton Clash was just about the biggest game of the year . It’s still a big game but it’s been awhile since we were both top sides like Man U and Man City.

Don’t Panic !!

Spurs through, Real ????
What happened there?
Was an amazing night of football, one of the most enjoyable for a long time.

Ajax were absolutely fantastic. Real will be feeling sick this morning: not only are they out of the CL but they were tormented by Frenkie de Jong who has already signed for Barca. He looks a hell of a player.

Yeah I have been a bit harsh on the rest of the squad as they are still there with a chance of winning the league . I think I jumped the gun a bit .
Would be nice for us both be fighting out the league again , I remember when the Liverpool vs Everton Clash was just about the biggest game of the year . It’s still a big game but it’s been awhile since we were both top sides like Man U and Man City.

Don’t Panic !!
I caught up with a good mate of mine, mad scouser (Red) fan about how the title race has a looong way to go still and the media and people in general are way too quick to crown champions.

I went to West Ham City in November and after that game, the media were all saying "the title is City's" which I thought was ridiculous at the time. Then when Liverpool reeled them in and got out to a 7 point lead "It's Liverpool's title to lose" They didn't learn their lesson... sure enough, City have reeled them in.

Honestly, both teams are playing at a really high level. Liverpool's defending, centred on the ridiculous Van Dijk, is so solid. Van Dijk is the best player in the league right now and Liverpool are just so tough to score against. This will keep them in the race all the way. Their attack is spluttering a bit of late but if it clicks, you'll win games because your defense just doesn't allow teams to score many goals against it. I've never seen City under Guardiola have to fight for a win like they did against Liverpool... that shows just how amazingly well they are defending/playing as a team.

City are just a very talented squad with a talented manager, but they will drop points. I suspect Liverpool will as well. One thing as a City fan I am worried about is Fernandinho's health. Our form dip in December/Xmas coincided with him being out. He is crucial to our team, we simply don't have cover for him (as ridiculous as it sounds). He's out for another few weeks by the looks of it so hopefully we can get through unscathed.

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole....

Woooooooooohooooooooo :grinning:

God i love this club! Unbelievable spirit! 10 players out 2-0 down from the first leg
To pull this off away is truly remarkable! Ole Ole indeed!
No coincidence Fergie travelled with the team! He has had plenty to do with this incredible turnaround!
Glory Glory Man United! :devil:

Never ever Beaten!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooohooooooooo :grinning:

God i love this club! Unbelievable spirit! 10 players out 2-0 down from the first leg
To pull this off away is truly remarkable! Ole Ole indeed!
No coincidence Fergie travelled with the team! He has had plenty to do with this incredible turnaround!
Glory Glory Man United! :devil:

Never ever Beaten!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of us didn't give United a prayer tonight, but it was magnificent from a team with so many injuries. Car horns were tooting around here after the final whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back