Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dylan can have a strange view on club matters, games or players. And can be a polarising poster for his style.

But in terms of news and information, can’t say I recall Dylan posting false information. Just the way he presents such information at times can get people offside.

As for posting history, you’re just a different side of the same coin to Dylan.

Clugga going home at the end of his first contract comes to mind.

He has a history of posting outlandish opinions as facts.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
On a different issue someone I know mentioned that they heard on radio that we have terminated our sponsorship arrangement with SOOW for non-payment of invoices - does anyone know anything about this/did anyone hear the report on the radio?

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Witherden Mcstay Robertson

Hodge Andrews Rich

Bailey Neale Cutler

Cameron/Ely Hipwood Mcarthy

Walker Rayner Taylor

Martin Zorko Lyons

Berry Clugga Robinson Mcinerney

Emerg
Christensen Cox Starcevich Wooler Archie

No Basti No Lester we know their capabilities.swap Walker and Mcstay and Rest Charlie . I see Rayner as a lead up forward in the Hogan or Degoey style.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
On a different issue someone I know mentioned that they heard on radio that we have terminated our sponsorship arrangement with SOOW for non-payment of invoices - does anyone know anything about this/did anyone hear the report on the radio?

Oh dear. Getting into bed with a tech startup isn’t without risks.

Pretty embarrassing on the back of the dairy people going **** up too.

Yes it’s in the Courier Mail today. Had no idea how they could have afforded the sponsorship and turns out they couldn’t.

We might need to start settling for less money from mobs that can actually pay the bills. If they exist.

Yes it’s in the Courier Mail today. Had no idea how they could have afforded the sponsorship and turns out they couldn’t.

We might need to start settling for less money from mobs that can actually pay the bills. If they exist.
I thought it looked pretty good on the jumper too!
Looking for sponsorship again, I guess?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I wonder if it will still be on the Guernsey this weekend?
Because if they haven’t paid their bills, why would we help advertise their business.

I imagine we would put a maroon patch over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Pretty ordinary effort from them. They have already got quite a bit of "free" publicity.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions recruit Marcus Adams to miss start of 2019 season after knee surgery
Former Western Bulldog Marcus Adams will miss the start of the season with the defender’s injury curse following him to Brisbane.

It can be revealed Adams, 25, was whisked in for secret knee surgery last month and is still struggling with soreness.
While a return date remains unclear, the prized recruit is unlikely to be fit by the end of March and would then be expected to slowly make a return through the NEAFL.
Adams suffered injuries to both feet and a shoulder at the Bulldogs but was never troubled by knee problems.
At his best Adams is a brilliant intercept mark and capable forward target who burst onto the scene after he was drafted out of the WAFL in 2015.
But the luckless swingman missed 40 out of his final 56 games at the Dogs, including the club’s 2016 premiership.
The West Australian sought a fresh start and was traded to the Lions for pick 32 in last year’s draft and Hawthorn’s third-round pick in this year’s draft.
The loss of Adams would stretch Brisbane’s backline in the early rounds should coach Chris Fagan persist with playing Harris Andrews forward.
Brisbane is set to come up against West Coast’s twin goalkicking towers Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling at the Gabba in Round 1.
Darling booted 4.3 against the Lions in Round 23 last year while Kennedy has kicked 26.12 from his past five games against Brisbane.
Kennedy, 31, had shoulder surgery in the off-season but hopes to be fit for the start of the season.

The Lions also face a selection dilemma in the ruck.

Unheralded big man Archie Smith has enjoyed a brilliant pre-season and is on the verge of overtaking best-and-fairest winner Stefan Martin.

While Martin remains the better prospect around the ground, Smith is growing into a fine tap ruckman and has honed his chemistry with the refurbished midfield all summer.
Smith, 23, played the last of his nine AFL games in 2017 but looked promising in Sunday’s pre-season win against Hawthorn.
Martin played in Saturday’s 43-point NEAFL scratch match win against Aspley.
Former Melbourne teammate Max Gawn believes the new ruck rules will suit ruckmen with brute strength such as Martin.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Their offices are (were?) pretty fancy and just across the road from the Gabba. I say we get some of the players over there to collect payment.

possum8

All Australian
Mar 30, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Its a tad embarrassing for the club to be in this position, surely some due diligence on this was done prior to pursuing the co-major sponsorship with them.

They assumed they were going to get more funding and ended up not getting any. Potentially they had existing funding pulled as well.

Their offices are (were?) pretty fancy and just across the road from the Gabba. I say we get some of the players over there to collect payment.

From what i have been told they have been evicted from the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back