Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore - Discuss

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But he’s predicting we will win it as he’s expecting us to be a contender this year whereas Cats aren’t. Put Danger in our 2017 side though and we might have had a premiership already.

Now your thinking a bit clearer, its all about a flag, not whether milera will keep us competitive, whether we would have grabbed it or not is up for debate but it couldn't have hurt having danger in 2017 when the window was wide open

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now your thinking a bit clearer, its all about a flag, not whether milera will keep us competitive, whether we would have grabbed it or not is up for debate but it couldn't have hurt having danger in 2017 when the window was wide open
Don’t talk crap.

It’s always been about a flag.

Funny thing is you’ve backed in guys like Douglas and Mackay who have kept us competitive as you like to refer to it and yet you bag the top end talent we’ve acquired because we haven’t won a flag yet, even though they are in the infancy of their development.

If we had won it with Danger, still taken Burton over Doedee would you still be calling Ogilvie a hack?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I do wonder what the Sliding Doors effect would be had Danger stayed.

If Danger signs a five year deal to stay at the Crows, Then we go on to win three GFs in a row 16-17-18

Or

If Danger signs a five year deal to stay at the Crows, Then we become too Danger orientated and never make a GF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

we wouldnt have won a premiership with danger. we only became a good team after he left.

Our midfielder took up more repsonsibiiity and matured as a result of Dangerfield's absence. Im not sure that would have happened if he had stayed.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore

Discuss...

Happy / not happy? Obviously only time will tell but I reckon we're at least in with a fighting chance of coming out ok.
Danger Kerridge + 53 for Milera was a fail.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
Danger Kerridge + 53 for Milera was a fail.
two things that need to be considered here- 1. I'm fairly sure the player picked with 53 has been delisted so is no longer relevant. 2. Kerridge wasn't worth keeping and Danger wanted to leave. We made the best of a bad situation and end up with a potential 200 game player for the club.

On face value you wouldn't do this trade - Danger, Kerridge & 53 for Milera, Gore & Menzel.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
two things that need to be considered here- 1. I'm fairly sure the player picked with 53 has been delisted so is no longer relevant. 2. Kerridge wasn't worth keeping and Danger wanted to leave. We made the best of a bad situation and end up with a potential 200 game player for the club.

On face value you wouldn't do this trade - Danger, Kerridge & 53 for Milera, Gore & Menzel.
You’re assuming we would have picked the same player at 53

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.

And didn’t the club pump up Gores tyres with selective videos. Was a complete spud in the end as was Menzel.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
You’re assuming we would have picked the same player at 53
By my calculations it was 59 for the record. Depends if we still ended up with menzel and gore i guess cause if we did then we either would have not been able to promote Kelly to senior list or would have had to delist someone else.

The combinations of possibilities in hindsight are endless

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
And didn’t the club pump up Gores tyres with selective videos. Was a complete spud in the end as was Menzel.
we also had lever tell everyone he wanted to stay at our club forever...

FWIW Menzel played 4 more games than the "spud" geelong picked

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
we also had lever tell everyone he wanted to stay at our club forever...

FWIW Menzel played 4 more games than the "spud" geelong picked
Menzel is irrelevant to the pick we gave Geelong, Gore is and he didn’t play either.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t talk crap.

It’s always been about a flag.

Funny thing is you’ve backed in guys like Douglas and Mackay who have kept us competitive as you like to refer to it and yet you bag the top end talent we’ve acquired because we haven’t won a flag yet, even though they are in the infancy of their development.

If we had won it with Danger, still taken Burton over Doedee would you still be calling Ogilvie a hack?

you have said we were an enormous chance in 2017 remind me how many games Mackay and Douglas played in that year?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I do wonder what the Sliding Doors effect would be had Danger stayed.

If Danger signs a five year deal to stay at the Crows, Then we go on to win three GFs in a row 16-17-18

Or

If Danger signs a five year deal to stay at the Crows, Then we become too Danger orientated and never make a GF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think its fair to say he would make any team stronger, whether a flag or not no one knows and never will

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
you have said we were an enormous chance in 2017 remind me how many games Mackay and Douglas played in that year?
You also thought we were an enormous chance that year. You must rate Ogilvie then.

We actually dropped Mackay in 17, think of many other 200 game players that get dropped annually?

But we know we didn’t win it and you are referring to one year, how about all the other competitive years they played? 20 years of being competitive and no premierships, that’s your catch cry isn’t it? Who has played longer in that time, the senior players you protect or the first round picks Ogilvie has had since 2014?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
we wouldnt have won a premiership with danger. we only became a good team after he left.

I think you're underestimating how much of a liability Scott Thompson was in the back half of 2016. When you've got an 88% TOG pure inside midfielder getting only 20 touches per game and providing absolutely nothing else, you're in a fair bit of trouble. Our midfield improved in 2017 mostly because it didn't have to carry a completely cooked Scott Thompson.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

He was thrown into the deal to muddy the waters. The only decent bit of negotiation that Noble ever did. If Reid was with us then, I'd be fairly confident that we'd have ended up with the first rounder that Geelong used on Henderson. Noble is s**t at negotiating a price for outgoing talent.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
So you think the 53 we gave Geelong cost them Gore and 28?

Basically yeah.

GEELONG has sealed the Patrick Dangerfield trade with Adelaide.
The Cats have given up young midfielder Dean Gore as well as picks No.9 and No.28 to snare the superstar midfielder.
The Cats gain Dangerfield and Adelaide's third-round draft pick, currently No.50.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Basically yeah.

GEELONG has sealed the Patrick Dangerfield trade with Adelaide.
The Cats have given up young midfielder Dean Gore as well as picks No.9 and No.28 to snare the superstar midfielder.
The Cats gain Dangerfield and Adelaide's third-round draft pick, currently No.50.
It can’t be, you don’t give pick 50 for a lower pick and a player.

The only way you can look at it was 50 for Gore, 9&28 for Danger.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I think you're underestimating how much of a liability Scott Thompson was in the back half of 2016. When you've got an 88% TOG pure inside midfielder getting only 20 touches per game and providing absolutely nothing else, you're in a fair bit of trouble. Our midfield improved in 2017 mostly because it didn't have to carry a completely cooked Scott Thompson.

For me, you win premierships by working well as a team. Danger isn't a team player mainly because he's an exceptional talent and his ego is too big to do what's best for the team.
So I doubt we would've won a premiership with him.

Back