Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore - Discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

For me, you win premierships by working well as a team. Danger isn't a team player mainly because he's an exceptional talent and his ego is too big to do what's best for the team.
So I doubt we would've won a premiership with him.

Its handy having a superstar and working as a team at the same time, ask Dusty and Richmond

For me, you win premierships by working well as a team. Danger isn't a team player mainly because he's an exceptional talent and his ego is too big to do what's best for the team.

We wouldn't have won a premiership with anyone with the way we played in the 2017 Grand Final, and last year all together, so it's kind of a mute point.

I agree Dangerfield can get carried away with his talent, and wants to be "the one" to pull the team through all the time, but s**t, saying he wouldn't help us win a premiership is a huge stretch.

Where would he help you win a premiership?
Put him the midfield, and blokes like sloan, mcrouch etc go back into their shell.
Put him up forward and walker etc become useless.

Put him the midfield, and blokes like sloan, mcrouch etc go back into their shell.

The midfield. He's the best midfielder in the competition. Saying Sloane and Crouch wouldn't contend because Dangerfield is in there with them is really not saying much about those two players. You do remember Sloane playing in the same midfield as Dangerfield?

Your confirmation bias is working a number on you. I'd love it if we traded Dangerfield out and what you're saying is true, but it just isn't, having him in our side would increase our chances of a Premiership.

From a pure quality of players transaction we absolutely did not win this trade at all

Milera's career has just begun. He's shaping as a gun. Can't really judge this trade until we see how he turns out. Did we win it or lose it? As someone else said, at least Milera can kick.

Milera's career has just begun. He's shaping as a gun. Can't really judge this trade until we see how he turns out. Did we win it or lose it? As someone else said, at least Milera can kick.
Dangerfield has been in discussion for best player in the competition and has a Brownlow. As good as Milera is it's highly unlikely he'll ever reach that level of quality

You taking the piss

Of course arguably the best player in the comp will help you win more games and a premiership, that is just stupid to say he wouldn't, I suppose if Fyfe wanted to play for us you would tell him to FO

We wouldn't have won a premiership with anyone with the way we played in the 2017 Grand Final, and last year all together, so it's kind of a mute point.

I agree Dangerfield can get carried away with his talent, and wants to be "the one" to pull the team through all the time, but s**t, saying he wouldn't help us win a premiership is a huge stretch.

Well no. We did play well in the first quarter, who is to say with Dangerfield we create better, and take those chances? equally, who is to say with Dangerfield we don't break from Richmonds onslaught just due to the larger amount of midfield power we have, or have Danger do something to stop the tide.

There are a minuscule amount of players (i'd have about 6 players for this) in this league who could genuinely make a difference to a lineup that isn't just "with x we've improved our midfield strength/whatever else". Dangerfield is one of those players.

Even if Milera turns out to be a gun, there is still going to be that quality gap. We are talking about one of, if not the best player in the league in Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The midfield. He's the best midfielder in the competition. Saying Sloane and Crouch wouldn't contend because Dangerfield is in there with them is really not saying much about those two players. You do remember Sloane playing in the same midfield as Dangerfield?

Your confirmation bias is working a number on you. I'd love it if we traded Dangerfield out and what you're saying is true, but it just isn't, having him in our side would increase our chances of a Premiership.
You taking the piss

Of course arguably the best player in the comp will help you win more games and a premiership, that is just stupid to say he wouldn't, I suppose if Fyfe wanted to play for us you would tell him to FO

Geelong haven't made a GF with him yet and had very good players around him and we didn't make one with him either.

I think you guys are underestimating the overall negative affect he has on team cohesion/balance.

I wouldn't take him back personally unless we moved walker on and played him as a permanent fwrd.

Well no. We did play well in the first quarter, who is to say with Dangerfield we create better, and take those chances? equally, who is to say with Dangerfield we don't break from Richmonds onslaught just due to the larger amount of midfield power we have, or have Danger do something to stop the tide.

There are a minuscule amount of players (i'd have about 6 players for this) in this league who could genuinely make a difference to a lineup that isn't just "with x we've improved our midfield strength/whatever else". Dangerfield is one of those players.
Highly doubtful we played Geelong in a Prelim if Danger was here.

The Butterfly Effect of him staying suggests we played a different opponent in that game.

If we even made it to the Prelim at all....

Meaning we may not have even made the GF for his impact positive or otherwise in that game to moot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Highly doubtful we played Geelong in a Prelim if Danger was here.

The Butterfly Effect of him staying suggests we played a different opponent in that game.

If we even made it to the Prelim at all....

Meaning we may not have even made the GF for his impact positive or otherwise in that game to moot.

Fair point. My scenario was a one off, not factoring in all the potential results changes that us and Geelong would have had happen to us.

You never win a trade when an out of contract player leaves your club.

Not true. Jake Lever ring a bell? Even the Cameron trade was in our favour.

Sometimes the best option is to trade a player

Maybe, but I was really only providing another factor in why our midfield improved after Danger left. Thommo's body packed up on him pretty savagely and he could barely even run by the end of that season. This was a massive factor in our midfield's improvement.

So if we take Crouches, Gibbs, Sloane and Douglas out of the midfield, DMac will come out of his shell?

Maybe Carlton should do that with Cripps

Last edited:
Maybe, but I was really only providing another factor in why our midfield improved after Danger left. Thommo's body packed up on him pretty savagely and he could barely even run by the end of that season. This was a massive factor in our midfield's improvement.
But would they still play Thommo and not M Crouch with Danger here in 2016.

2016 was M Crouchs first full season would he be a year behind in terms of games experience and not had the same impact in 2017. With him taking Thommos spot to be the main inside mid and a big reason we had such a great 2017.

Another variable to throw up.

I would argue M Crouch having a season with Thommo by his side helped his development a lot. He probably learnt a lot during games and got some protection.

Expose M Crouch without Thommo in 2016 or he plays SANFL with Danger here and his development may have been different.

Last edited:
It should've been 2 x firsts, there's no argument.

Would've given us Milera in 2015 plus pick 17 in 2016.

Could've then given 15 (Galluci) and 17 for Gibbs in 2016 who would've slotted immediately into Dangerfield's position in 2017 and we may well have a 3rd flag now.

Or he might've shat the bed like everyone else at the G, who knows. But we didn't give our self the best possible chance.

That was some very ordinary trading. Almost player first over club.

Geelong haven't made a GF with him yet and had very good players around him and we didn't make one with him either.

I think you guys are underestimating the overall negative affect he has on team cohesion/balance.

I wouldn't take him back personally unless we moved walker on and played him as a permanent fwrd.

Huh

Carlton couldn't win a flag with Judd but West Coast did with him

Seriously its sad we lost such a gun, we were always going to lose on the trade especially short term and it did affect us not having such a gun in the team, but it is what it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back