Player Watch Sam McLarty (Delisted 2018)

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Sadly for McLarty, he is an old fashioned lumbering ruck / forward in the mould of Cam Cloke (only minus the attitude).

Never saw why the recruiters thought he might be a KP player at AFL level. He didn't even show potential as that in VFL!

Great kid though! If I were Port Melbourne, I'd be all over him to play ruck / follower ala a VFL standard version of Grundy. But not if I ran an AFL club.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now this reason makes sense to me.
Till he says he wants to make his own way with a different number :D

But he’ll take 23 anyway

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great kid though! If I were Port Melbourne, I'd be all over him to play ruck / follower ala a VFL standard version of Grundy. But not if I ran an AFL club.

Yeah doubt he gets taken elsewhere. Would love to see him stay on our VFL list... i think that would benefit our VFL team and secondly, offer minor consolation to him...but that is unlikely.... and especially unlikely now as our we have to fit KPP like Roughead, Madgen, Toehill, Keane and probably Will Kelly into our VFL line up first.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Wish him all the best. Willy has a few drafted this year, if he has a good season he might get a look in.
Wish him well.

Wish him all the best. Willy has a few drafted this year, if he has a good season he might get a look in.

A question for track and VFL watchers - what's his work ethic like? In that photo, physically, he sure as hell doesn't look like a bloke who's done two seasons at an AFL club.

Sydney flying Sam and another player in for a medical as they ponder their last list fulfillment
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-07/sydney-makes-11th-hour-bid-to-fill-final-list-spot

SYDNEY is set to make an 11th hour bid to fill its final list spot on Friday, flying two state league players to the Harbour City for medical screenings.

Just seven days out from the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) deadline, South Adelaide's Hayden McLean and former Magpie Sam McLarty will jet into Sydney.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
They must really want a centre back

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
  • Maybe Sydney think Mihocek is McLarty?
Think about it.
We played Sydney, Mihocek’s jumper was left behind, he wore 23.

That must be it.

ps Sydney, he ain’t no Mihocek :D

• Maybe Sydney think Mihocek is McLarty?
Think about it.
We played Sydney, Mihocek’s jumper was left behind, he wore 23.

That must be it.

ps Sydney, he ain’t no Mihocek :D

What was a number 23 jumper doing in Sydney?

Maybe he borrowed one of Franklin’s jumpers and applied the black and white stripes with house paint?

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
What was a number 23 jumper doing in Sydney?

Maybe he borrowed one of Franklin’s jumpers and applied the black and white stripes with house paint?
McLarty was named as one of the emergencies for the game (according to this), so chances are he travelled with the team, and of course his jumper would have been taken in case he played.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
McLarty was named as one of the emergencies for the game (according to this), so chances are he travelled with the team, and of course his jumper would have been taken in case he played.
That is the best explanation.
Simple. Logical. Correct.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
IF he goes to Swans he could Suprise some people
Maybe. Unlikely as he did seem a bit lumbering.

But. Does have that height. So you never know.

Maybe. Unlikely as he did seem a bit lumbering.

But. Does have that height. So you never know.

Swans are Known to get the Best out of there Recurits

Back