Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
14% of the starting cap on two blokes is a heap of moolah especially given the low likelihood of both backing that up.
Absolutely an option and may end up the best option, but not a lock / no-brainer.
Ive considered it a no brainer to get a jump on everyone by not starting with them.
Then Grundy had an interrupted pre season and Melbourne recruited Preuss.

#Winning

Ive considered it a no brainer to get a jump on everyone by not starting with them.
Then Grundy had an interrupted pre season and Melbourne recruited Preuss.

#Winning
I don't mind the no Gawndy strategy in theory, but who besides Goldy is a good pick?
Stef and Jacobs facing strong competition from Archie and ROB, and McEvoy, Sinclair, Nank, Witts types are solid but will struggle to average 100.
If Kreuz wasn't a walking hospital ward he'd be a good option.
Mummy suspended, also injury prone, could be rested at any stage.
Longer is a spud, Pierce only there till Longer is fit.
Darcy from Freo needs Sandilands to be out for 2 months + to be an option.
English looks like 2nd choice behind Trengove atm.
I hate the rucks this year. Too many spud rookies on field going with Gawndy,but bugger all alternatives.

I don't mind the no Gawndy strategy in theory, but who besides Goldy is a good pick?
Stef and Jacobs facing strong competition from Archie and ROB, and McEvoy, Sinclair, Nank, Witts types are solid but will struggle to average 100.
If Kreuz wasn't a walking hospital ward he'd be a good option.
Mummy suspended, also injury prone, could be rested at any stage.
Longer is a spud, Pierce only there till Longer is fit.
Darcy from Freo needs Sandilands to be out for 2 months + to be an option.
English looks like 2nd choice behind Trengove atm.
I hate the rucks this year. Too many spud rookies on field going with Gawndy,but bugger all alternatives.
Im going Goldy R1 Lycett R2.
Goldy is a sole ruck with an easy draw and a better midfield around him.
Lycett is a beast. Actually a pretty good clearance player and tackler. Has a decent tank. Will rest forward (Ryder gets the bench to reduce his minutes on his feet) right age for a breakout, seems to have a mature ruck body now, will be sole ruck when Ryder breaks down again, plus me and Scottie have big bawls

Probably going with Gawndy, although was toying with Gawnstein for a long period, because of a very friendly early draw for Goldy. However the rookies seem passable so the extra cash can be found. At least Picket and Parsons are not rookies this year!

What's folks thought of Grundy vs Gawn? One break out year for Grundy where his average shot up 30+%. Gawn, apart from an injury affected 2017, has a more consistent upward profile.

A sobering thought for everyone is that both Gawn and Grundy are in contending teams and may have their game time reduced at the pointy end of the SC season, if finals positions have been decided. I guess all the serious contenders will have them so it's no big deal. The other rucks who have gone huge, Goldy, Ryder, Martin are much older.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back