The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look anywhere but at Stevens who is a fantastic coach. Gotta rest on Kyrie doesnt it? Celtics were great without him last season, now he comes back and they are kinda trash.
Yeah you could be right. Marcus Morris said yesterday that "we don't have no attitude. We don't have no toughness. We ain't having fun. It hasn't been fun for a long time" It has been noticeable often when Kyrie was playing, the other players were just sitting back.

Look anywhere but at Stevens who is a fantastic coach. Gotta rest on Kyrie doesnt it? Celtics were great without him last season, now he comes back and they are kinda trash.
They play as individuals and Kyrie calls out the youngsters for their shortcomings. Celtics will either be contenders next year or in midtable mediocrity.

Stevens is fine but i think a lot of the blame should be on Ainge. All the kids know they are on the trading block and there is no loyalty in Boston. They even traded Pierce ffs.

They play as individuals and Kyrie calls out the youngsters for their shortcomings. Celtics will either be contenders next year or in midtable mediocrity.

Stevens is fine but i think a lot of the blame should be on Ainge. All the kids know they are on the trading block and there is no loyalty in Boston. They even traded Pierce ffs.
I really can't dispute anything you've said. Ainge is a ruthless c**t, but loyalty has gone out the window generally in the sport, don't you think?

You just told me shooting is everything in this league when mentioning Zion but then try to sell me on Ball who is a trash shooter. Ball is just another Michael Carter Williams, like a better passing version of MCW.

If the Lakers had taken Tatum instead of Ball. Then I think that deal is great for NOP. Tatum, Kuzma, Ingram and some draft picks.
Ball is like Kidd though. Great on ball defender, great facilitator. He shoots just about league average from 3 and is improving. Zion is like Ben Simmons with shooting. His free throws are trash but the rest of his shooting is improving. Lakers are 7th in the league defensively with Ball in the line-up and 28th without...

Lakers defo should have taken Tatum but that is history and they drafted two small forwards in that draft so probably don't draft Kuzma if they got Tatum. Kuzma lit up the 76ers for 39 points this morning and seems to be on the up.

No way would any team offer that for AD nor would AD want them to. It is basically the same scenario he has in New Orleans right now.

I really can't dispute anything you've said. Ainge is a ruthless campaigner, but loyalty has gone out the window generally in the sport, don't you think?
It generally has except when trading hall of famers. Maybe Boston has just had more high profile instances of it recently than normal. Can't help but think whilst it set the Celtics up brilliantly with all the Nets picks, the after effects of it all are starting to show a bit.

Some of the young kids don't understand that it is a business too which doesn't help.

It generally has except when trading hall of famers. Maybe Boston has just had more high profile instances of it recently than normal. Can't help but think whilst it set the Celtics up brilliantly with all the Nets picks, the after effects of it all are starting to show a bit.

Some of the young kids don't understand that it is a business too which doesn't help.
Not defending Ainge as such, but again you make reasonable points.

Ball is like Kidd though. Great on ball defender, great facilitator. He shoots just about league average from 3 and is improving. Zion is like Ben Simmons with shooting. His free throws are trash but the rest of his shooting is improving. Lakers are 7th in the league defensively with Ball in the line-up and 28th without...

Lakers defo should have taken Tatum but that is history and they drafted two small forwards in that draft so probably don't draft Kuzma if they got Tatum. Kuzma lit up the 76ers for 39 points this morning and seems to be on the up.

No way would any team offer that for AD nor would AD want them to. It is basically the same scenario he has in New Orleans right now.
Ball struggles to score. It's a scorer's league right now. I dont think he will ever make it into the top echelon of players. Hence why the Lakers are so ready to trade him.

Ball struggles to score. It's a scorer's league right now. I dont think he will ever make it into the top echelon of players. Hence why the Lakers are so ready to trade him.
About 5 players in the league max are off limits when it comes to trading for Anthony Davis. Lakers don't wanna trade him unless it is for AD lol

About 5 players in the league max are off limits when it comes to trading for Anthony Davis. Lakers don't wanna trade him unless it is for AD lol
Yeah I dont think they are actively shopping Ball, but they just have no reservations in shipping him for AD. Because well AD. The Pels dont really want Ball anyways though. He cant help them long term.

Yeah I dont think they are actively shopping Ball, but they just have no reservations in shipping him for AD. Because well AD. The Pels dont really want Ball anyways though. He cant help them long term.
The Pels have said that they like Lonzo Ball.

The new future NBA jerseys look pretty cool, interesting to see how it all works though, will you have to charge it and surely won’t be able to put whatever you want on the back, imagine what some people will do haha.

Also kind of a strange move as they would make a heap of money from fans buying jerseys every year, but now just buying one of these new ones and just changing the name and number whenever they want.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At a pinch sure, but they want sooooo much more for AD. Hence why they leaving it until the summer to hopefully find better packages for him rather than what the Lakers can offer which is pretty junky.
Dell Demps has been fired lolololol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeBron really struggles from the FT line. Yet another key reason why he will never surpass MJ. It will be a disaster if his Lakers dont even make the playoffs and they really dont look like making it right now.
Lakers are no chance of making the playoffs. Their schedule is tough and they can't beat the minnows plus they have major injury problems.

The key reason he won't pass MJ for mine is that his man defence varies from average to non-existent as does his effort on that end of the floor. All he does is occasionally jump passing lanes.

Lakers are no chance of making the playoffs. Their schedule is tough and they can't beat the minnows plus they have major injury problems.

The key reason he won't pass MJ for mine is that his man defence varies from average to non-existent as does his effort on that end of the floor. All he does is occasionally jump passing lanes.
Agreed.

It gets washed over all the time in the debates you see online and on TV. Jordan was the best player on the offensive end of the floor AND the defensive end of the floor. The same cant be said for LeBron.

Jordan didnt have any weaknesses to his game. Lebrons defense and his FT shooting are definitely two weaknesses he has in his game. He has zero post up game too. Never plays with his back to the basket.

Agreed.

It gets washed over all the time in the debates you see online and on TV. Jordan was the best player on the offensive end of the floor AND the defensive end of the floor. The same cant be said for LeBron.

Jordan didnt have any weaknesses to his game. Lebrons defense and his FT shooting are definitely two weaknesses he has in his game. He has zero post up game too. Never plays with his back to the basket.
Who plays in the post anymore?

LeBron did not quit for two years either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back