Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked good and at home.

There’s gonna be saints tears about this trade for many years to come
I think saints fans will see the trade as a win/win given they still got Gresham

Ahhh what?

Missing Cale Hooker (DEF | $421,500), intercept defender Aaron Francis (DEF | $350,900) was forced into a more accountable role, and were exposed - as a player who was expected to be a decent mid-priced defensive option, his requirement to ‘play tall’ against the Cats wasn’t encouraging from a SuperCoach owner’s perspective.”

Its the 'exposed' part i have an issue with, was hardly exposed as a player having to be accountable

I think they meant exposed in the sense that he's unlikely to score well and play an accountable role, at this stage of his career it's beat the man or score highly on SC. He's also poorly priced, not really SC / Fantasy viable.

I think they meant exposed in the sense that he's unlikely to score well and play an accountable role, at this stage of his career it's beat the man or score highly on SC. He's also poorly priced, not really SC / Fantasy viable.
He was never in my thoughts for that anyway especially early on in the year but he may be a good option in the 2nd half of the year.

He looked very in control in defence last night. Hopefully Hooker gets back quick and he doesn’t have to play against gorillas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Aaron Francis is a prototype version of Luke hodge...but a better contested mark. He obviously doesn’t have the leadership genius that hodgy did/does, but, already i tout him as a better player both skillfully and physically.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t wait to watch Franger this season....looks like a footballer now and was the cleanest player we had across JLT.

If no injuries, I believe he will be close to the best player on our list by the end of the season. The comparison to Hodge above....never occurred to me before but it’s a good one.

I think Aaron Francis is a prototype version of Luke hodge...but a better contested mark. He obviously doesn’t have the leadership genius that hodgy did/does, but, already i tout him as a better player both skillfully and physically.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Love this - mainly because of how hawks fans would feel reading it.

Along with toughness and his precision left foot, Hodge's leadership is a massive chunk of what he offered.
For mine Francis is a very different type and it's hard to compare the two.

However - I do reckon he could emerge as a real hard nut. Hoping so - we need a few.

I think this guy has found his feet at senior level. The end of last year wasn’t a fluke. He’s found a base level of good footy at AFL level and should only get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back