PIES Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably wrong thread but it's interesting looking at the membership numbers vs. attendance for 2018.

How can anyone take the Richmond membership total seriously when they average 3'800 more people to a game than us, yet have 25'000 more members...

The clubs clearly fudging their membership numbers are Richmond and Hawthorn. Hawthorn is just as bad with 80'000 members (5'000 more than us) yet has an average attendance of 36'000 (14'000 less than us). Yes they play a couple of games in Tasmania, but what both these clubs have in common is their highest attended game of the year never eclipsed their membership total (90151 for Richmond and 73189 for Hawthorn).

Probably something to do with, even though they have more members, its not in Melbourne though enough to go to games constantly. Probably more interstate?

Richmond had 20,000 interstate members but even say they have 80,000 in Melbourne their attendance’s don’t much up to their membership total!

The question is how many are 3 game members

The dogs are barking
All happy members with cats and budgies.

Surprised the number isn't as high as our 2018 total yet. You'd think after such a year we'd have broken through the 80k by Round 1.

It seems slight unders to me, but I think the real difference will come in the next month when people start upgrading their packages and jumping on if we look like backing it up.

Well as a family country member, i can attend anywhere from 2 to 8 games a year depending on family circumstances. I would imagine that i’m not the only one in that type of situation.
There’s also interstate and international members. Maybe it’s time some magpie posters with clear chips on the shoulders step away from a keyboard for a bit and save the rest of us some time.
How dumb can one supporter base be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The insecurity is oozing :drunk: Why else would you come over here?

It seems slight unders to me, but I think the real difference will come in the next month when people start upgrading their packages and jumping on if we look like backing it up.
What is the cutoff date for the total tally? Is it Round 1 or sometime mid-season?

Well as a family country member, i can attend anywhere from 2 to 8 games a year depending on family circumstances. I would imagine that i’m not the only one in that type of situation.
There’s also interstate and international members. Maybe it’s time some magpie posters with clear chips on the shoulders step away from a keyboard for a bit and save the rest of us some time.

Well, no need to be rude and generalise. But your view is what I was thinking. There lots of people are from the country and manage to go to a few games like you suggested. The same applies to all clubs' members. Not everyone lives in the city or interstate. Lots of people are from different parts of country towns that still can attend games depending on the distance.

Back off Warchild....Seriously.....

What a jerk :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the cutoff date for the total tally? Is it Round 1 or sometime mid-season?

I would assume June 30. The reality with memberships for me though is that the only figure that really matters is revenue. I’m sure the difference between 75k and 85k might be tangible to sponsorship, but in terms of measuring dick sizes what’s more important size or what you do with it? At the end of the day Richmond’s membership superiority didn’t do s**t on PF night...

No cat died a few months back, so no pet membership for me.
Love cats.

My cat is 20 and she loves Magpies :)
Always watching them in the yard from the glass door :)

Love cats.

20? Wow. That's great. Ours was 19. It's good to see animals live longer than the estimated 16-18 years they say they are usually live to. But she had trouble breathing and had a heart attack at the vet.

Haha either he deleted his posts or the mods did.
Captain Campaigner...

Spot on, maybe it’s time some tiger posters with clear chips on the shoulders step away from a keyboard for a bit and save the rest of us some time.
How dumb can one supporter base be? :D

20? Wow. That's great. Ours was 19. It's good to see animals live longer than the estimated 16-18 years they say they are usually live to. But she had trouble breathing and had a heart attack at the vet.
They great pets.

I’m sure your cat had a great innings.

Absolutely. Its a long life.
And with a good owner that’s the biggest good part.

Ofcourse it reminds me of a favourite saying:

Dogs have masters
Cats have staff

Love cats.

We had a 21 year old black cat.
Much loved.
But I didn’t realise how much she loved us until we went away for 6 weeks.
We left her and her siblings with our vet.
When we got home the vet said they were hyper the night before, thinking they knew we were coming back.
But she was wrong.
When we returned, she looked at us, Rose, staggered to us.
We cuddled her loved her, but she was done.
Within an hour she was comotose, within three hours we had done what was needed to be done.
But she waited, and waited, to see us one last time.
True, unconditional love.

We are on target for 85,000 members. So a 10,000 increase is pretty good! If we get lucky and win a premiership we will be back to the no.1 team in terms of membership numbers in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back