Delisted #24: Jordan Houlahan

Remove this Banner Ad

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Kid has talent, if he is struggling forward id like us to play him down back just to get his hands on the ball and get his confidence up.

Would be good but at the expense of who?

There are plenty of players who need that game time in defence.

Reckon Houlahan's only path forward is to get superfit so that he can impact a game up the ground.

Kid has talent, if he is struggling forward id like us to play him down back just to get his hands on the ball and get his confidence up.
Give him a run in the ruck imo

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Houlahan will be expendable at year's end I reckon. Too many in front of him who are also better than him, unless one of those is traded for something better. I would think Laverde, Langford, McKernan and Stewart all have too much of a head start... not sure why we drafted him at all tbh. Should have opted for a big bodied mid... or a hbf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be good but at the expense of who?

There are plenty of players who need that game time in defence.

Reckon Houlahan's only path forward is to get superfit so that he can impact a game up the ground.

I think he's got more attributes to succeed as a defender then Long who has reportedly been training there this off season

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I can't be bothered reading all the way back.. Is his nickname "Hot Lips" yet?

If not, addressing this glaring omission may help his football.

download.jpeg

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Say what you will about his lack of possessions but the boy generates chances. Think he kicked two goals three behinds and one of them hit the post. Still a long way off seniors but I’d give him another year, ultimately think he could become a Sexton or J.Cripps style player in time.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Was solid yesterday from whay I saw. Played mainly deep forward and showed flashes of brilliance.

Laying tackles is his go with flair and desperation. We just don't see it enough, yet!

As mentioned by eth, you can see "it" the club sees in him, has a long way to go but I didn't mind his game.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Happy with his game today. Won't take anything away from the opposition as they were borderline VFL (development league) standard.

Kicked goals, took marks and even afforded the opportunity to attend a couple of centre bounces to which he helped impact.
Still a long way back from a defined AFL position but the versatility he is displaying is certainly encouraging. That much vaunted leap was on show today whilst I personally would like to see him tackle more (0 today) but he does have a propensity to float in and out of games, especially open and free flowing ones such as todays.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Happy with his game today. Won't take anything away from the opposition as they were borderline VFL (development league) standard.

Kicked goals, took marks and even afforded the opportunity to attend a couple of centre bounces to which he helped impact.
Still a long way back from a defined AFL position but the versatility he is displaying is certainly encouraging. That much vaunted leap was on show today whilst I personally would like to see him tackle more (0 today) but he does have a propensity to float in and out of games, especially open and free flowing ones such as todays.
Does he have decent stamina? I thought he might play on a wing.

Back