In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

oof, given the pittance of a price differential that wasn't a good call in hindsight.

I'm sure that will be ok though, can't see why they wouldn't upgrade you

1495101764_sleepy-kid.gif

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder what the turnover was this year compared to others and in particular 06-07 off season

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd also like to know.
The lady I spoke to said there's a fair few people that are holding their spots and choosing not to get seats, most likely because they cant afford it at the moment.

I was able to get 3x category C seats together on level 5

Basically in line with the center square line, seated right in the middle of the block with no sun and no restricted views. Very happy.

Last edited:

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Pretty crap seats available. Almost all are towards the very back of Level 5.

You also can’t leave a single seat so are pretty much obligated to buy 3 even though I only want one for me and one for the young bloke. Almost all of the available seats however are in groups of 3.

Think I’ll be waiting for next year too. I’ve got my sister-in-law’s ticket for this season in any event.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari

You also can’t leave a single seat so are pretty much obligated to buy 3 even though I only want one for me and one for the young bloke. Almost all of the available seats however are in groups of 3.

Think I’ll be waiting for next year too. I’ve got my sister-in-law’s ticket for this season in any event.

From my personal experience the worst seats at Optus are still better than the best seats at Subiaco.

I usually just buy the cheap GA seats up near the scoreboard and I love them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls

Give them a call, or go in. They can select 2 seats and leave one empty at their end.

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

The only plus of getting seats this year would be that I think you could place a move request for next year before the next ITW members in 2020 are offered seats

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
The only plus of getting seats this year would be that I think you could place a move request for next year before the next ITW members in 2020 are offered seats

Problem is that there are virtually no free seats to move into. I tried this year but there just no free seats other than a few single seats and some at the back of tier 5.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Problem is that there are virtually no free seats to move into. I tried this year but there just no free seats other than a few single seats and some at the back of tier 5.

the back of the 5 tier on a wing is pretty good. I'm really happy and wouldn't move. Secondary bonus that they're cheaper. Great to see the set ups and the play unfold. Stadium really does have great viewing almost everywhere.

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
the back of the 5 tier on a wing is pretty good. I'm really happy and wouldn't move. Secondary bonus that they're cheaper. Great to see the set ups and the play unfold. Stadium really does have great viewing almost everywhere.

I agree that most seats are good. I sat in the wing in the back row on tier 5 for the final against Collingwood last year and was impressed with the view. I was just saying that moving seats for those that want to will not be easy because there are very few empty seats to move to and therefore you can’t release your own seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

I would try calling next time.
When i selected my 3x reserved seats last week I had major issues on their booking page with slowness and it timing out when trying pay. I lost 2x lots of seats that I was trying to book to someone else snapping them up when it timed out.

I ended up calling, the girl i spoke to was awesome. She found me 3 seats in an awesome area and I did it all on the phone. The seats i got are better than some members I know that were transitioned from subi.

DJMac

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
West Coast, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I would try calling next time.
When i selected my 3x reserved seats last week I had major issues on their booking page with slowness and it timing out when trying pay. I lost 2x lots of seats that I was trying to book to someone else snapping them up when it timed out.

I ended up calling, the girl i spoke to was awesome. She found me 3 seats in an awesome area and I did it all on the phone. The seats i got are better than some members I know that were transitioned from subi.

I went in and spoke with the Membership Manager. It is really just a case of not many seats available in the areas I want to move to. There may be people that would be prepared to swap seats but there is no way of identifying those. It would be good if they had the ability on the WCE Facebook page to discuss seat swapping. If 2 parties agreed then they could just get the club to formalise it.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I went in and spoke with the Membership Manager. It is really just a case of not many seats available in the areas I want to move to. There may be people that would be prepared to swap seats but there is no way of identifying those. It would be good if they had the ability on the WCE Facebook page to discuss seat swapping. If 2 parties agreed then they could just get the club to formalise it.

Club needs to bring in a 'flag for move' option for members. With technology the way it is you could do it with minimal human intervention but it'd be easy enough for membership to just manage it all in Excel. You could then upload the seats that are willing to move on to the stadium map.

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Imagine having that job, dealing with thousands of pissed off impatient fans. They would get some seriously fired up people giving the membership office a mouthful.
Us WA folk take our football very seriously. There were almost riots during the transition to Perth stadium

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
After six years on the waiting list as an In the Wings member (2012-2017) and one year as a 5 game "Flexi Member" (2018) my wife and I are *finally* full, reserved seat members!!!

Gave them a call as soon as my email came through at 10am this morning, the guy sorted it out easily. No dramas getting two seats together. Top tier as expected, kinda halfway between the point post and the 50m arc. In the shade too, opposite side of the ground to the dreaded south east side. Block 527.

Ridiculously excited right now! :moustache:

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
If I was to receive an upgrade offer to full member I guess it'd be too late to piggy back onto an existing group? When would you usually get he option for that?

driver111

Rookie
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
After six years on the waiting list as an In the Wings member (2012-2017) and one year as a 5 game "Flexi Member" (2018) my wife and I are *finally* full, reserved seat members!!!

Gave them a call as soon as my email came through at 10am this morning, the guy sorted it out easily. No dramas getting two seats together. Top tier as expected, kinda halfway between the point post and the 50m arc. In the shade too, opposite side of the ground to the dreaded south east side. Block 527.

Nice one
What was your 2018 waitlist number

ADstv

Senior List
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Finally off In The Wings, on the dreaded SE side (547) but since most games this year is at night, it doesn't really bother me, will hopefully change for next year.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Nice work, I waited 10 years for mine. We're in 525 and love it up there, good view and a great group of people around us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back