Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Ahhh what?

Missing Cale Hooker (DEF | $421,500), intercept defender Aaron Francis (DEF | $350,900) was forced into a more accountable role, and were exposed - as a player who was expected to be a decent mid-priced defensive option, his requirement to ‘play tall’ against the Cats wasn’t encouraging from a SuperCoach owner’s perspective.”

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I think they meant exposed in the sense that he's unlikely to score well and play an accountable role, at this stage of his career it's beat the man or score highly on SC. He's also poorly priced, not really SC / Fantasy viable.
He was never in my thoughts for that anyway especially early on in the year but he may be a good option in the 2nd half of the year.

BelleJames

Rookie
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
He looked very in control in defence last night. Hopefully Hooker gets back quick and he doesn’t have to play against gorillas.

Frang and Ridley starting Round 1 provides some real silk through the backline and midfield.

OooooooOOoOOOooOoOOooFT

DonsDonsDons

Rookie
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Aaron Francis is a prototype version of Luke hodge...but a better contested mark. He obviously doesn’t have the leadership genius that hodgy did/does, but, already i tout him as a better player both skillfully and physically.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Can’t wait to watch Franger this season....looks like a footballer now and was the cleanest player we had across JLT.

If no injuries, I believe he will be close to the best player on our list by the end of the season. The comparison to Hodge above....never occurred to me before but it’s a good one.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Aaron Francis is a prototype version of Luke hodge...but a better contested mark. He obviously doesn’t have the leadership genius that hodgy did/does, but, already i tout him as a better player both skillfully and physically.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Love this - mainly because of how hawks fans would feel reading it.

Along with toughness and his precision left foot, Hodge's leadership is a massive chunk of what he offered.
For mine Francis is a very different type and it's hard to compare the two.

However - I do reckon he could emerge as a real hard nut. Hoping so - we need a few.

Back