Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep wearing the jumper in round 12 to commemorate 50 years since Bulldog won the brownlow. It's on instagram but not the website yet.

So much of capitalism is smoke and mirrors and working in the grey areas, but beggars can't be choosers on that front. We aren't going to get money we should donate the space to advertising a worthy charity. It's better than the s**t show we have engaged in the last few years.

HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid
I can half confirm seeing matty eagles at my uni gym in Brisbane, but I definitely did see Tom Cutler. I imagined he would be bigger, but he was around my height. It looked like he was recovering from some knee or leg related injury given the strapping on his knee.

Bjorn Again

Senior List
Jun 30, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Never did find out how to pronounce SOOW and never really understood what they did or why they would want to market their services to footy fans.

I am in the tech game and I never understood what they did.
Pretty clear they did not either... completely unfocussed - opposite of what tech needs to be ...

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
I know it’s just fox being fox but hoping as we continue to build towards contention and our players begin to start gaining more recognition, footy media begin to proof read and stop making such amateur errors.
IMG_5800.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know it’s just fox being fox but hoping as we continue to build towards contention and our players begin to start gaining more recognition, footy media begin to proof read and stop making such amateur errors.
View attachment 632445

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's almost like they do it on purpose,like seriously it is your job to write about the players, you would think you would know the players names in most teams and if you are unsure just look it up. It isn't my job and yet l know most of theplayers names in each team. And its not like Berry is some unknown, he already has a fair bit of recognition

It's almost like they do it on purpose,like seriously it is your job to write about the players, you would think you would know the players names in most teams and if you are unsure just look it up. It isn't my job and yet l know most of theplayers names in each team. And its not like Berry is some unknown, he already has a fair bit of recognition
And he is from Melbourne!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Very interested to see what sort of crowd we get for the Eagles game.

With the good vibes around the club and form over the pre season I'm predicting-

Win a few of our early games and we may even crack 30k for the Pies.

Very interested to see what sort of crowd we get for the Eagles game.

With the good vibes around the club and form over the pre season I'm predicting-

Win a few of our early games and we may even crack 30k for the Pies.

That would be incredible - we only drew just over 16, 000 against them in round 23 last year so I'd be a bit surprised to see it jump so significantly. That was on a Sunday afternoon right at the end of the season, but West Coast were primed for finals so you'd think every West Coast fan in/around Brisbane would've come to that one.

That means we'd need to find an extra 8000 Lions fans who weren't there at our last game - not impossible, but a big ask. I think it's more likely the attendance comes in around 19, 000/20, 000 and I think the club would be pretty happy with that.

..no, Horsham/Ballarat. Both those towns are outside of Melbourne so don't count as far as recognition goes. If it doesn't happen in melbourne, it doesn't happen at all as far as they are concerned....country victoria might as well be on mars.

Cityslickers!
When I say Melbourne, I kinda meant Victoria, but I get your point!

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really excited about the form Zac Bailey has displayed off half back in the JLT series this year. I hope he can play 22 games in that role to develop his skill set further whilst gaining more senior experience playing that attacking role with lots of aggressive run and carry. I then hope he can follow a similar path to the likes of Elliot Yeo and Andrew McGrath by moving into the midfield in future seasons as a more well rounded player. He's really improved his skills since we drafted him to go along with his elite ball winning ability and athletic traits e.g. his speed and agility. Going to be an absolute star for us I reckon! Rayner and Bailey in the one draft after netting Clugga, Berry and Witho the year before could really shape our rise up the ladder. All 5 have the potential to be absolute stars.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really excited about the form Zac Bailey has displayed off half back in the JLT series this year. I hope he can play 22 games in that role to develop his skill set further whilst gaining more senior experience playing that attacking role with lots of aggressive run and carry. I then hope he can follow a similar path to the likes of Elliot Yeo and Andrew McGrath by moving into the midfield in future seasons as a more well rounded player. He's really improved his skills since we drafted him to go along with his elite ball winning ability and athletic traits e.g. his speed and agility. Going to be an absolute star for us I reckon! Rayner and Bailey in the one draft after netting Clugga, Berry and Witho the year before could really shape our rise up the ladder. All 5 have the potential to be absolute stars.

Also Starcevich who has serious potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back