JLT-2 Crows v GWS on Friday 8 March at 6.40 p.m. ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Found a fair bit of the ball, layed a particularly nice shepherd at one point, and had a shot at goal from a contested marking situation where he earned the free.

I mean, when the person bagging him out for effort then posts a defense of the low quality of the game on the basis that it was 'bruise free'...
Yeah exactly, the intensity in the game was gone by the time he came on. He clearly has the talent, just needs a good run of games which unfortunately for him wont happen unless we get injuries.

A few points.

1) Hartigan and Dougie, I have been shocked at how many people think these 2 are locks. If this game didn’t confirm this doubt then I don’t know what to say.

2) Sauce, have been dark on him, but tonight I saw enough to be happy for him to take the first month at least (thank Bloody god)

3) Chayce, will be stiff to miss

4) FOG will be lucky to play

5) Rat, love his newly found intensity

6) Tex seemed to blow out the cobwebs

7) Eddie, Lynch, Sloane, BCrouch, Smith... Be ready to see what the Crows should have looked like last year.

8) Gibbs, rusty, in an A Grader kind of way. Not worried

9) Overall, loved lots of this game, the mid pack that gather between 12-25 disposals all look to be sharp. Players understand their role, and the team are working as 1. If we chose the team on merit then I think we will be a bloody hard to beat every week.

A few points.

1) Hartigan and Dougie, I have been shocked at how many people think these 2 are locks. If this game didn’t confirm this doubt then I don’t know what to say.

2) Sauce, have been dark on him, but tonight I saw enough to be happy for him to take the first month at least (thank Bloody god)

3) Chayce, will be stiff to miss

4) FOG will be lucky to play

5) Rat, love his newly found intensity

6) Tex seemed to blow out the cobwebs

7).Eddie, Lynch, Sloane, BCrouch, Smith... Be ready to see what the Crows should have looked like last year.

8) Gibbs, rusty, in an A Grader kind of way. Not worried

9) Overall, loved lots of this game, the mid pack that gather between 12-25 disposals all look to be sharp. Players understand their role, and the team are working as 1. If we can chose the team on merit then I think we will be very hard to beat every week.
Dougies in the leadership group...

It won’t happen, but I think Gibbs to defence has more merit than you’re implying.

Has great defensive skills. Has played the position before. Can and will hurt his opponent the other way. Is now surplus to requirements at centre bounces with B Crouch back.

Is it ideal? No. Is it a worse option than Kelly? I don’t believe so. Maybe it even gives Knight some tagging time in the middle - we usually look really good when Riley has the opposition’s best mid in his crosshairs.

If Greenwood can put his hand up for Round 1, it becomes even more of an option, as there’s even more of Bryce’s stoppage minutes being soaked up by a quality player.

As pessimistic as i have been since that GF I am actually starting to become quite bullish about our prospects this year.

It's impossible to know at this stage but we go in to the season pretty strong. As always, it's about winning those 15 or 16 games and going in to the finals with a sound game plan,and fitness.

A long, long way to go, but I think we should go in with some confidence and certainly expect to be a contender. The same can be said for 6 or 7 teams, though.

It won’t happen, but I think Gibbs to defence has more merit than you’re implying.

Has great defensive skills. Has played the position before. Can and will hurt his opponent the other way. Is now surplus to requirements at centre bounces with B Crouch back.

Is it ideal? No. Is it a worse option than Kelly? I don’t believe so. Maybe it even gives Knight some tagging time in the middle - we usually look really good when Riley has the opposition’s best mid in his crosshairs.

If Greenwood can put his hand up for Round 1, it becomes even more of an option, as there’s even more of Bryce’s stoppage minutes being soaked up by a quality player.
Oh your serious.

Gibbs hasn't trained with the defenders at all since 666 came in. It's just not happening mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 2nd string forward line is very strong, Fogarty, Himmleberg, Stengle, Mcaddam and McHenry. Looking very promising for the future

You'd think McAdam and McHenry will make the jump up to our firsts as well at some point this year which is also promising.

Rule changes have not changed anything. Well done Afl. Useless.
As expected I’d say.
Against a s**t team it might be a complete blow out.
Well, even more of a blowout.
Then GIL the dill will...........
Introduce a handicap system.
Carlton start with 10 goals.

It really is a different looking game now. Can see that players sometimes are more conservative and not quite as sure on positioning as they used to be.

Really think it will benefit the type of players we have.

I've always said, only shite forward lines need elite forward pressure.

Say something else then. Premiership sides need forward pressure. It's as vital as having a strong midfield seeing it's the best way to control a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back