Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rogue won't kill it off though. In fact it could be an interesting arc over a few films.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If they go down the path as has been their history of being rivals. Would take some diverging from the story lines though for Rogue to have her powers and Carol still being in action.

Rogue is already major super hero in the X men universe. They were never going to make a film about her. Same with Storm, Jean Gray or the invisible Woman.

They are making a film about Jean Grey.

They are also making a movie about Black Widow which boggles the mind given in the scale of awesome female characters she's not that great.

They are making a film about Jean Grey.

They are also making a movie about Black Widow which boggles the mind given in the scale of awesome female characters she's not that great.

Thats in the xmen universe, not the MCU.

I think a Black Widow story is long overdue. She's dropped quite a few backstory hints that would make great ideas for stories.

Two people are running a 100m race, one with his legs tied together. After 50m, you stop the race because it's clearly unfair and untie the runners legs. Then you just continue the race from where they were. Fair? I mean, you've stopped discriminating.
Problem with your analogy is its not the same runner over the whole race. Otherwise I would agree with your point.

Many men have only been in the workforce for less then a decade. They didnt see or benefit from the discrimination of the past but now you will discriminate again them for past discrimination. They will get many angry just like the women before them got angry and you have done nothing but started the same cycle that drives family feuds and century long hatred between nations.

This issue isnt solely time driven either. Its also industry based. There are still pockets of industry where you can argue there is discrimination against women but many industries have been free of it for forty years and yet when reverse discrimation happens it wont just impact the industries still with some discrimination.

imagev191929a4d95441fba225aa00ca69045f2-fqar3475nk3nedvv2q2_ct677x380.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many men have only been in the workforce for less then a decade. They didnt see or benefit from the discrimination of the past

Yeah they do. Grew up healthy and wealthy in a nice owner-occupied house with university educated parents in stable employment. Inheritance when the olds die someday.

You declaring your opposition to racism and sexism doesn't give any of that to an Aboriginal kid or daughter of a poor family from public housing.

Friend of mine, his dad was a long absent criminal loser, mum died of natural causes when he's 14, sibling who's legally adult squanders whatever the pittance inheritance was. ****** before he even finishes high school.

Last edited:
Yeah they do. Grew up healthy and wealthy in a nice owner-occupied house with university educated parents in stable employment. Inheritance when the olds die someday.

You declaring your opposition to racism and sexism doesn't give any of that to an Aboriginal kid or daughter of a poor family from public housing.

Friend of mine, his dad was a long absent criminal loser, mum died of natural causes when he's 14, sibling who's legally adult squanders whatever the pittance inheritance was. ****** before he even finishes high school.

What's the point here? Lower class whitefellas can stand alongside minorities when it comes to being on the end of generational disadvantage and discrimination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the point here? Lower class whitefellas can stand alongside minorities when it comes to being on the end of generational disadvantage and discrimination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeds thinks the disadvantage isn't real and if it were real it would immoral for society to work at removing it.

Thats in the xmen universe, not the MCU.

I think a Black Widow story is long overdue. She's dropped quite a few backstory hints that would make great ideas for stories.

I realise that. But it's still a Jean Grey movie.

Black Widow is not a great MCU character imo. Better for a Bond like film than a film in a world of super powered mutants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back