Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
To offer this so early after only 13 rounds... and it's not like he's set the world on fire at AFL level like Stephenson...or even at VFL level...

The club must be happy with his attitude and development so far. Hopefully he (and Murphy) gets a senior game at some point next year...

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
To offer this so early after only 13 rounds... and it's not like he's set the world on fire at AFL level like Stephenson...or even at VFL level...

The club must be happy with his attitude and development so far. Hopefully he (and Murphy) gets a senior game at some point next year...
You changed your opinion on murphy ?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

They come cheap.
They likely feel he’ll be a senior player or handy depth.
Keeps them both happy and at ease.
Don’t feel any angst.
Good eggs, the two of them.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Certainly hasn't dominated at VFL level but like Murphy he's shown he's definitely got some traits to work with. Of the 2 Brown boys I'd certainly be more assured of Tyler having a long career. That's not a knock on Callum, just that Tyler's extra height and pace combined with better marking and kicking allow greater flexibility, whereas I think Cal will be waiting for inside mid opportunities.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
Certainly hasn't dominated at VFL level but like Murphy he's shown he's definitely got some traits to work with. Of the 2 Brown boys I'd certainly be more assured of Tyler having a long career. That's not a knock on Callum, just that Tyler's extra height and pace combined with better marking and kicking allow greater flexibility, whereas I think Cal will be waiting for inside mid opportunities.

Regrettably (for him) I think Cal in the short term will be competing with Daicos Jnr for a spot in the team...At the moment Josh's better skills and finesse will keep Callum in the VFL until one of the other small mids falls over..

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I have to admit. When I go to VFL Tyler isn't the ones I set out to keep an eye on. But usually in each match he'll do something that will make you take look and take notice. The word 'upside' is thrown around a lot but Tyler is one where it definitely applies. He definitely needs a full preseason and a few more weights sessions. But in the mean time enjoy playing VFL Finals footy Tyler!

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Everything I hear about the Brown boys is their attitudes, perfect.
Sponges wanting to absorb everything.

Seems daddy's genes in the boys.
And that's half the battle right there.

(The other half is the requisite talent.)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looked at the picture and thought gee he looks like his Mum.
Then he spoke, did not expect that voice!
If he's as strong as that voice, we have another beauty on our hands.

Good pick up, by you.

Back