What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously, name-dropping is far too crass an endeavour for a person like myself to partake in.....but pretending it wasn't for a second....

I spent some time earlier today conversing with none other than Keith Morris.

While it's not a name that may jump out at too many people, by way of rounding out his bio a little, I'll post some clips from a couple of the obscure, little-known punk bands he formed/co-formed....

Exciting times.

As it happens, Keith bought a CD from me on eBay and we struck up a convo from there. Nice guy.

And the CD he bought (and the band we spent a while discussing)?

These brilliant, wigged-out, criminally under-recognised champs....

^ Zondor likes this band name.

Keith is a classic, you might say he goes OFF!

One suave *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keith is a classic, you might say he goes OFF!

You could indeed.

I've actually spoken to him a bunch of times since I posted that. He's a really entertaining guy. Definitely marches to the beat of his own drum, but very funny and sweet at heart. Responded to an off-the-cuff comment by myself about the difficulty in sourcing OFF! albums in this part of the world by sending me their 3 long-players (CD's) at his own expense the very next day.

Last edited:
One of my fave Australian singles of all time....

Still an absolute beast of a song after all these years....

From the same(-ish) era, sadly under-recognised NZ band, The Exponents....

Was listening to this when I heard the news today....subtle irony of the following lyric kind of struck me....

Why does everybody always act so tough when all anybody wants is to find a friend?
Why does everybody always try to hide the heart that hidden has no use?

(From memory, this track got a run a few months back on this thread, but it's such a fine song that it it's eminently reposting-worthy.)

^ Sad news.

Colour me a massive fan of The Beat. Brilliant, brilliant band.

He was battling some severe illnesses (two surgeries for brain tumours and was fighting lung cancer), but 56 is just way young.

Even sadder given The Beat's new comeback album was just released a few months ago. Here's the first single from it....

My two fave Beat tunes...

And I posted this a while ago but I'll give it another run in tribute....Rog's post-Beat band, General Public....which for trivia fans also featured Dave Wakeling (The Beat), Mick Billingham (Dexys Midnight Runners), Horace Panter (The Specials), and Mick Jones (The Clash/Big Audio Dynamite)....

Vale Rog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back