Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There’s No need to write comments like that which turn towards the personal.
The aim of a pre-season is to present a healthy fit list. Ours is far from that.
You're right, my apologies. Usually I try ignoring comments I don't like. I will do better.

Did you consider that a lot of injuries is just bad luck? As someone suggested, go through our injury list and tell us which ones could be prevented. With contact training in Feb/March injuries happen. As Fagan said every coach prays in Feb/March for luck with injuries.

Go and check other teams injuries, in your opinion did footy depts of all other teams failed to deliver too?

Last edited:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You're right, my apologies. Usually I try ignoring comments I don't like. I will do better.

Did you consider that a lot of injuries is just bad luck? As someone suggested, go through our injury list and tell us which ones could be prevented. With contact training in Feb/March injuries happen. As Fagan said every coach prays in Feb/March for luck with injuries.

Go and check other teams injuries, in your opinion did footy depts of all other teams failed to deliver too?

Most clubs have a solid list injury list except for The Handbaggers which given my history on BF in my bagging of that club and stoushes with fans is upsetting. They are close to fully healthy. Dammit.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I thought our injury list was going pretty well up until Rory.

Only the 1 major injury (Wigg), and only the 5-6 struggling to get fit for round 1, of which only a few of them were 4+ weekers.

Sucks for Rory though. My head said we never should have relied on him to stay fit for 2 season in a row given his history, but gee he was good last year and was looking great this year, and was so crucial to our structure.

I guess it’ll mean Hombsch/Collins duo with a lot more Ballard, and more Burgess swinging back. Maybe an opportunity for B.King if he’s good enough.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I thought our injury list was going pretty well up until Rory.

Only the 1 major injury (Wigg), and only the 5-6 struggling to get fit for round 1, of which only a few of them were 4+ weekers.

Sucks for Rory though. My head said we never should have relied on him to stay fit for 2 season in a row given his history, but gee he was good last year and was looking great this year, and was so crucial to our structure.

I guess it’ll mean Hombsch/Collins duo with a lot more Ballard, and more Burgess swinging back. Maybe an opportunity for B.King if he’s good enough.
Agree. Day may even get a run back there.

Happy Idiot

All Australian
Oct 12, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ben King is obviously the intended future of our defence. At the very least we do have the mature bodies to throw around this year, and his development shouldn't be rushed.

Rory is a big loss, but if we were ever betting our future on him, we were doing so on a player we all know is fairly regularly injured. At the the end of this year he'll have averaged just over 11 games per season.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Paywall

Any specifics?
He seems to fell in love with our young players Powell and Ballard.

He also loves Hanley.
Pearce Hanley could be the best recruit of them all. A fit Hanley is in the top three or four players at the club.

Green shoots in midfield:)
The midfield is in for a tough year but there are green shoots there.
Their pool of established four-quarter midfielders is small but the good news for the Suns is that they have more players now to rotate through there.
Jack Martin and Ben Ainsworth will spend more time in there this year and have the potential to develop into very good on-ballers.

Last edited:

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ballards playing style seems to go against what Clayton drafted in the past, forget his two slipper drags on the weekend...……. he reads the play, backs himself and takes on the game - Leslie needs to emulate his style of play, he does everything that Leslie fails to do I think and yet Leslie has the physical presence and size to be able to exceed Ballards style

Charlie will be great, I think Powell is evolving nicely too better than I expected

The Swans looked very slick and fast on the weekend their ability to release to a team mate when tackled or in close was elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Ballards playing style seems to go against what Clayton drafted in the past, forget his two slipper drags on the weekend...……. he reads the play, backs himself and takes on the game - Leslie needs to emulate his style of play, he does everything that Leslie fails to do I think and yet Leslie has the physical presence and size to be able to exceed Ballards style

Charlie will be great, I think Powell is evolving nicely too better than I expected

The Swans looked very slick and fast on the weekend their ability to release to a team mate when tackled or in close was elite

Leslie gives away some really dumb free kicks
Like blatant push in the back well after his opposing player has already dropped the mark, clumsy high tackles 20m out directly in front of goal. etc etc.

Not sure Leslie has the footy IQ for that role. His athleticism certainly gives him the ability though.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Leslie gives away some really dumb free kicks
Like blatant push in the back well after his opposing player has already dropped the mark, clumsy high tackles 20m out directly in front of goal. etc etc.

Not sure Leslie has the footy IQ for that role. His athleticism certainly gives him the ability though.
The Coaching staff have concerns about his footy IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back