Game Day Port vs Roos - JLT #2

Remove this Banner Ad

The defense is arse, but the inability of our midfield to convert 14 to 3 hit outs into a good lead is just as much of a worry. Jonas a Captain is showing up so far as a s**t decision. Not just as a co-captain, but we know our coaches will have zero balls to drop him if this form is what we see in the real stuff. He's a slow undersized KPD. 6-6-6 may put his style of player out of the game. I'm not saying at this point it does, but if it does I don't want us carrying him for the season 'because Captain'.

I remember when I wasn a kid playing juniors the coach always told us defenders never kick across goal inside defensive 50. It's a pity jack wasnt taught this.
That's basic soccer too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If coaches don't come up with some decent defensive tactics, I think a lot of people are going to hate how fast the game (as in AFL football) is under the new rules.

Why are people melting?
Because it's never 'just JLT' or the like. It's the same inability to defend a run of goals we've had Hinkley's entire tenure. There's always those saying 'it was one game' or 'there's this <excuse> this time, not time it won't happen', but it does again, again and again. We are right in this to win and potentially win big, but it won't change our total inability to slow / stop a side with momentum is still a glaring issue, that good sides (not North) will kill us with this year.

it’s nice to see ball moving forward fast

Not when it's just AFLX in the real thing. The scoring is now way too easy. It'll take time for coaches and players to work out how to defend properly. Hopefully it finds a happy medium.

Ofcourse it's likely both defences are just s**t.

Actually dont know what to take away from that qtr. Except that I absolutely love Butters attack on the ball, bloody two soft free's against him but he's showing heaps of intent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back