Streaming questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I have FTA Qld and FTA on Vast satellite Northern region(its free once you buy the equipment and qualify,you can qualify as a traveller/caravan)
(Sat Dish was free as part of a 6 months free Foxtel Promotion)
They show different games most weeks
Between them I get nearly every Hawk game minus 4 or 5 a year
I watch those on Telstra App, Pub or other means.
Then catch the replays on Telstra App on TV via Telstra TV (which was free from Telstra)

I have Foxtel but I also have a Kodi Box.

They cost about $100.00 and I am pretty sure they have an AFL app on it. ;)

They do have an AFL kodi app. But to watch live matches you still need to put in a Telstra subscription login in the settings.
I have a telstra mobile so all good. For replays you don't need the Telstra subscription.

They do have an AFL kodi app. But to watch live matches you still need to put in a Telstra subscription login in the settings.
I have a telstra mobile so all good. For replays you don't need the Telstra subscription.

I am sure my mate (who set it up) showed me how you could access live games from interstate though the app.

Like I said I have Foxtel so have no need for it. I use it to watch all the latest movies and TV Series.

Hi guys
I have recently moved interstate and I am worried about the lack of Collingwood games I will be able to see on free to air

I don’t want Foxtel so thinking what other streaming options would be available to me.

And I want to be able to chromecast to my tv and not just watch on my phone! My phone is not with Telstra so I don’t get the free afl app.

So my questions are
Does the afl app allow chromecast (if so 100 bucks for the season sounds reasonable).
Are there any other reasonably priced apps that do chromecast. I have heard Kayo is one suggestion.

Thanks all!

It's just a pity you aren't overseas, otherwise you would be able to subscribe to WatchAFL and watch every game live or on replay....

Hi guys
I have recently moved interstate and I am worried about the lack of Collingwood games I will be able to see on free to air

I don’t want Foxtel so thinking what other streaming options would be available to me.

And I want to be able to chromecast to my tv and not just watch on my phone! My phone is not with Telstra so I don’t get the free afl app.

So my questions are
Does the afl app allow chromecast (if so 100 bucks for the season sounds reasonable).
Are there any other reasonably priced apps that do chromecast. I have heard Kayo is one suggestion.

Thanks all!
I’ve got Kayo, works pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kodi boxes are a big reason I won't have a job in the near future (I work for a movie distribution company).

I have Kayo, but not Chromecast. I'm waiting for their Xbox One app, which Kayo have assured me is coming soon. Until then, i'm watching JLT games on my laptop.

Kodi boxes are a big reason I won't have a job in the near future (I work for a movie distribution company).

I have Kayo, but not Chromecast. I'm waiting for their Xbox One app, which Kayo have assured me is coming soon. Until then, i'm watching JLT games on my laptop.
I really don't think you will be out of a job. If I am interested in a movie, I and most people I know will always go and watch in a theatre rather than their 48in+ TV with surround sound. Just not the same.

The reason I haven’t been to the movies much lately is the quality of the films being shown. Haven’t exactly had a glut of what I’d call epic blockbusters released lately. My opinion of course.

Thanks

DO you chrome cast it to your tv in full screen?

ANd if you do, others say you need a super-duper version of chrome cast...do you have one of those or does it work fine with a regular-built-in-to-the-telly-chromecast?

Can confirm that it works with a regular Chromcast and in built. It might be limited to 720p.

I am a massive fan of Kayo. Just what sports fans are calling out for.

If you want the absolute best, get a cheap PC ($100 second hand one) with windows and a browser. Plug it through HDMI. Kayo through the browser allows for split screen viewing (Up to 4 games!!!!) and full HD picture. Also shows on the replay when there are goals scored. Cannot wait to watch footy this way.

Can you go from laptop to TV with HDMI ?

I get free AFL via Telstra even thought I have Boost Mobile

But because I want Fox / ESPN I have Foxtel for about $43 a month + HD.

Once Kayo has a PS4 App I'll scrap Foxtel

Such is life interstate! I'm glad I don't follow a team like Freo or Port, or I'd almost NEVER see my team on F2A up here in Brisbane.

I'm probably going to hold off this year just for financial reasons, but from what I've seen so far, Kayo is the best for good quality streaming of the AFL on to your telly. Plus all the other sports they show, if any of them take your fancy. There's a 2 week free trial that would be a good way to see how it runs on your set up.

There's an extensive and ongoing Kayo thread on the main board, but it's pretty bloated so it may be painful to trawl through.

I've got Kayo and loving it so far. If you are willing to go halves, I am happy to share. Not using 2 screens simultaneously anyway.

I've got Kayo and loving it so far. If you are willing to go halves, I am happy to share. Not using 2 screens simultaneously anyway.

Thanks mate. Working to a very strict financial plan so we don't have the extra cash to spend this year.

Appreciate the offer though!

Hi guys

So my questions are

Thanks all!

The AFL App is size limited so won't cast to your TV.

Your best bet is Kayo. It is $25 a month for two devices. To cast to TV you need a chromecast ultra ($99) or chromecast 3rd Gen ($59). The Ultra only works with 4k TVs and has better picture quality. The 3rd Gen is good for older TV's which the Ultra won't work on. You just plug it in your HD port. You need the Kayo App and the Google Home App for the chromecast. Kayo gives you a 2 week free trial. I've found it really good. If you have someone else interested in the footy you can share the log ins and split the subscription which makes it pretty cheap.

I've found free streams have become less and less reliable and poor quality. Too much stress and hassle for me when I just want to enjoy the footy.

You could always go to the pub and watch the game but you arent always guaranteed a good tv to watch on and I found I spent a lot on the festivities.

Whatever you decide good luck with it!

How do you watch games on your laptop?

technically you cant stream from your app to your tv BUT that being said, I live in Adelaide and managed to chromecast every game not on free to air by basically chromecasting my homescreen of my phone to my tv and then logging into the afl app. sometimes it took a few goes to get it but it does work.

technically you cant stream from your app to your tv BUT that being said, I live in Adelaide and managed to chromecast every game not on free to air by basically chromecasting my homescreen of my phone to my tv and then logging into the afl app. sometimes it took a few goes to get it but it does work.

I was about to post this exact thing.
It takes a few goes, and ive had some trouble with this years JLT (i think the google home app might be the problem).

But the resolution and sound is not great (its casting in your phones resolution, not like other casting apps) and am seriously considering Kayo for this year (or at least a trial first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back