2019 Membership thread - 100k again and growing!

Remove this Banner Ad

All good being ambitious but that’s just so unrealistic. Maybe if they win a flag this season then next year they could start talking 70k.
You're being generous.
They'll never convince 50,000 MCC members to buy a membership!

wow doesnt get more delusional than this. no chance there was that many against the hawks or cats

50k in a 90k crowd max (because they hadnt been in the finals for 12 years, play em again and crowd will be s**t)

A24E623F-66F0-4918-94D2-D4CA7006C8BF.jpeg

this delusional crap from their own ceo :drunk: range rover diesel fumes have cooked his brain

Checked out Demonland, most of those that chose to comment think 70000 is achievable because Richmond did it, ie everyone laughed at Benny Gales target, look who's laughing now etc. Having lived in Melbourne all my life, I can only recall having known three Demon supporters in that entire time. We laughed pretty loud when the Saints claimed they were as big as us. I think we are entitled to laugh even louder at this doozy. It's no accident that clubs like Melbourne and St Kilda are minnows. Sure set targets, but don't make laughing stocks out of yourselves.

Checked out Demonland, most of those that chose to comment think 70000 is achievable because Richmond did it, ie everyone laughed at Benny Gales target, look who's laughing now etc. Having lived in Melbourne all my life, I can only recall having known three Demon supporters in that entire time. We laughed pretty loud when the Saints claimed they were as big as us. I think we are entitled to laugh even louder at this doozy. It's no accident that clubs like Melbourne and St Kilda are minnows. Sure set targets, but don't make laughing stocks out of yourselves.
Correct , prior to our Record breaking centurion membership base , we were regularly drawing top 10 crowds in HA season , when melb and saints can make same claims , talk to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne chief executive has set a target of 70,000 members in 2019. They’re currently on 37,978 members.

o_Oo_Oo_O

comeon, are they that stupid?

From here on in for 2019, the biggest clubs in the land will get an extra 20k members tops, Dees are aiming to nail 32k more in the same timeframe. Theyll be lucky to get more than 55k.

Not all MCC members are Melbourne supporters.
Out of 100,000 MCC members, they only make up 20,000.

and FTR I have known 5 Dees supporters in my entire life -

I've known more norf supporters than Dees supporters lmao
I'm three in 60 years and I'm being generous in counting the guy that worked the gas pump at my local BP in the late 70's.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm three in 60 years and I'm being generous in counting the guy that worked the gas pump at my local BP in the late 70's.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I counted 2 of my 3 as school mates , hang on I’ve got 4 , a customer is as well, hasn’t been to the footy since the 60s , could be a chance for a membership I suppose

There are way more Melbourne fans than North, Dogs and St Kilda. I actually do see potential for Melbourne to reach a decent level of memberships. The other three are just full blown minnows. St Kilda are probably the worst. I sometimes forget they even exist. At least the Dogs have large support in the west and will capitalise on the rapid development in the growth corridors. St Kilda are trying to tap into the south east but they’re dreaming. They’re just not marketable enough. Essendon have a stronghold of the north west, so that makes North irrelevant just about everywhere.

The gap between the big clubs and small clubs will just widen further over the years. We’ll hit 150,000 before North hit 75,000.

There are way more Melbourne fans than North, Dogs and St Kilda. I actually do see potential for Melbourne to reach a decent level of memberships. The other three are just full blown minnows. St Kilda are probably the worst. I sometimes forget they even exist. At least the Dogs have large support in the west and will capitalise on the rapid development in the growth corridors. St Kilda are trying to tap into the south east but they’re dreaming. They’re just not marketable enough. Essendon have a stronghold of the north west, so that makes North irrelevant just about everywhere.

The gap between the big clubs and small clubs will just widen further over the years. We’ll hit 150,000 before North hit 75,000.

I guess it's about where you live. I have known a hell of a lot more St Kilda fans than Melbourne here in the South East Suburbs. Way way behind us but at least they are noticeable . Melbourne people are utterly invisible here (as are of course North Melbourne and Footscray, but that goes without saying).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back