wolfpup

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2005
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Grimsby Town!, Oakland A's
dont think this a spoiler, but a mate of mine is insisting that Gilly's child has some kind of important significance in the final battle with the night king or some crap.

anyways looking forward to the final season

dont think this a spoiler, but a mate of mine is insisting that Gilly's child has some kind of important significance in the final battle with the night king or some crap.

That's not a bad storyline at all!

'The others'? They having a Lost crossover episode?
That’s what they are called in the books. Calling them WW was to avoid confusion in the tv show with lost which finished at the Time GoT started.

However I look forward to your potential plot twist.

SirKarl0s

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2018
C-137
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Gillys son was supposed to be sacrificed to the White Walkers like rest of Crasters sons. When Sam and Gilly didnt give up her baby the Night King started to march his army south, not because he wanted to kill everyone, but because he only wants what was promised to him.

There are a bunch of similar theories on youtube, it's worth a look.

Gillys son was supposed to be sacrificed to the White Walkers like rest of Crasters sons. When Sam and Gilly didnt give up her baby the Night King started to march his army south, not because he wanted to kill everyone, but because he only wants what was promised to him.

There are a bunch of similar theories on youtube, it's worth a look.

It's a nice theory, but the WWs already had an army of the dead that they were marching around in the finale of season 2.

The WWs going to war over a baby doesn't make much sense.

SirKarl0s

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2018
C-137
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
It's a nice theory, but the WWs already had an army of the dead that they were marching around in the finale of season 2.

It's tinfoil to the max. But looking at tinfoil theories is all I've done in the 18 months since season 7 finished.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Theories Bran and the Night King have a connection (besides superpowers). Haven't watched or read them as it reeks of book reader. Remember how Jon's parentage reveal was surprising but not really? Book readers fault.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Theories Bran and the Night King have a connection (besides superpowers). Haven't watched or read them as it reeks of book reader. Remember how Jon's parentage reveal was surprising but not really? Book readers fault.
Think it's more based on the prosthetic for the Night's King looking like the actor for Bran (especially the nose) than anything else.

wolfpup

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2005
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Grimsby Town!, Oakland A's

yeah was a bit hazy last night because of drinks but his theory is that gillys son is needed or sacrificed to make some kind of magic sword and in the final battle the night king recognises him and recognises the threat or something along the lines.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Couple of random thoughts

When Qyburn picked up that arm of the wight creature there seemed to be some professional curiosity there. Will that severed arm (and the rest of him) become like the robot arm at Cyberdyne Systems in T2? The catalyst that provides quantum leap his experiments needed

Qyburn's already figured out how to reanimate dead (or dying) tissue which is kinda like what the WWs do... kinda. Has he figured out a way to synthesize the process (on a much smaller, slower scale so far) and will be able to work out how they do it and, more importantly, how to prevent it? Or cooler still, will he work out how to animate his own army of the dead rather than just the one Clegane guy?

Also greyscale/stone men has been a recurring (though background) topic throughout the show. Could that disease be to White Walkers like the birds/germs were in War of the Worlds?

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Couple of random thoughts

When Qyburn picked up that arm of the wight creature there seemed to be some professional curiosity there. Will that severed arm (and the rest of him) become like the robot arm at Cyberdyne Systems in T2? The catalyst that provides quantum leap his experiments needed

Qyburn's already figured out how to reanimate dead (or dying) tissue which is kinda like what the WWs do... kinda. Has he figured out a way to synthesize the process (on a much smaller, slower scale so far) and will be able to work out how they do it and, more importantly, how to prevent it? Or cooler still, will he work out how to animate his own army of the dead rather than just the one Clegane guy?

Also greyscale/stone men has been a recurring (though background) topic throughout the show. Could that disease be to White Walkers like the birds/germs were in War of the Worlds?
6 episodes to go. unlikely for all of it.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched episode 23 (season 3). Jaime gets his hand cut off. Great effect his blood gushing stump :devil: Locke. What a campaigner.

Ramsay an even bigger campaigner. Letting Theon 'escape' and murdering his own men just to * with him. Arrow scene is horror knowing who he is. Theon is going to be crestfallen when he gets back inside the torture chamber. Didn't forget his dick was cut off (who could) but I forgot he's mentally shattered prior to that.

Love the big green hills and fields they used in Iceland for this season.

Will be cutting it fine to get through another 44 episodes in 34 days as I keep pausing and rewinding for the visuals.

Such a great show to watch. Could well finish episode 67 immediately before the final season premiere.

6 episodes to go. unlikely for all of it.

He is Hand to the monarch on the Iron Throne. That person usually gets some substantial scenes. Can't remember what he did last season :think:

It's going to be 6 episodes but they're long and as someone said even with a couple 45-minute battle scenes that's still hours leftover. As characters get killed off that's more time for the survivors/people who die at the very end.

I won't predict it's surprising but I hope it is. Would be a little underwhelming if all concludes pretty predictably given the twists and turns and how good they were along the way.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I’ve done the cram in preparation and when watching it in short succession the drop in quality after George’s writing has dried up is so evident. It really loses its deliberate feeling with the exception of Battle of the Bastards which was clearly crafted with care.

Is it morbid of me to want everyone to die?

I'll be happy if other outcomes come to fruition but the Night King has the odds in his favour and should win.
You never know, the army of the living might have their very own Dom Sheed

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

I'll be happy if other outcomes come to fruition but the Night King has the odds in his favour and should win.
I think you will most likely get your wish but they will put a positive spin on everyone dying.
They all come back as the army of the living dead

Aria running through the tombs , escaping, fear and terror on her face. This low mournful moan can be heard in the background

Cut back behind her

'Hodor, Hodor''

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'll be annoyed if after all the twists and turns, it fails on the biggest test of avoiding the 'good guy/girl wins it all in the end' trope, by having Dany on the Iron Throne. No Iron Throne left to claim or anyone else on it and it should be a decent ending to it all.

Back