Game Day Port vs Roos - JLT #2

Remove this Banner Ad

The insults (over the internet) are getting boring, Ford fairlane...
And all over me saying how that 50m rule is garbage.

You didnt say the rule was garbage you said it was a crap call by the ump. I tried to explain that the ump made the right call. You arced up over that and then just became dismissive. If you dont want to learn that's up to you but don't misrepresent the discussion.

It's the rule genius. Don't get the shits on with me because the don't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend it.

lol I’m glad it’s not just me who turns into Professor Barney around Dazalenko’s childlike patter.

Ryder is disappointing. Here's hoping he makes it Round 1.

It made an almighty cracking noise when it happened. I thought it sounded someone snapped an ankle or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryder is disappointing. Here's hoping he makes it Round 1.

It made an almighty cracking noise when it happened. I thought it sounded someone snapped an ankle or something.
Going by the swelling I'd say it's a small crack at worst. He should play round one. Great game by him btw.

Daz right now:

duty_calls.png

This new 50 metre penalty rule is the dumbest thing the AFL Rules Committee have ever come up with, and that's a very competitive field. Just scrap it tonight and forget about it forever before it ruins a real game of football.
Could you imagine any other sport trying it: the NFL allowing the offence to quick huddle and snap the ball while the officials are pacing out the penalty yards or soccer allowing a player to play on from a free kick near goal while the ref is applying a line of shaving cream to the turf. This rule needs a few more hours in the oven before it becomes even half baked.

2 Sam Powell-Pepper
Very good, changes the tempo of the game when he is on. I imagine in a tight H&A game he would have been on for longer.

3 Ryan Burton
Contributed more as the game went on but I'm still not seeing what the recruiting staff saw.

4 Paddy Ryder
Didn't really have anything to prove. Insane that he cops yet another injury.

6 Steven Motlop
Spirited game. Some very good defensive tackling and spoiling.

7 Brad Ebert
Unable to impose himself up forward, not sure why.

7 Robbie Gray
Fine game, a couple of goals. Of course he gets the difficult ones but misses the set shot in front. Then off to work clearances.

10 Travis Boak
Rewound the clock a bit. Very good game.

11 Tom Rockliff
Easily the best game he has had for us and probably for a few years before coming to us.

13 Todd Marshall
Sad nonsense. Scored a goal but so many stuffed up passes by foot/hand. OK not so many, only 11 disposals but at around 50% efficiency. Cannot play R1

15 Karl Amon
I can't believe I'm saying this but played well, perhaps well enough for R1. As ChristopHaha said " ...where have you been for 4 years pal?".

17 Tom Clurey
Generally well but again one memorably spectacular clanger where his intercepted handpass led to a Roos goal from point-blank range.

18 Zak Butters
To only be known from now on as "I can't believe we got Butters!" Excellent game. Potential superstar who defends, clears the ball, scores goals.

20 Connor Rozee
Looked good in general play. Nothing spectacular but he deserved to be out there. Would he play R1 if we had a full list to choose from? Probably. I enjoyed watching him while actually there, doesn't seem as obvious in the game on the replay and the stats don't help.

21 Xavier Duursma
On watching the replay I see the commentators were lumping him in with Butters and Rozee but I reckon he's still a bit raw. An impressive 24 disposals at 75% efficiency says I'm not a good analyst.

23 Jack Watts
A fair game, worked hard and seemed interested. I'm unsure why his stats are so similar to Duursma's, I thought Watts threw himself into things a bit more than Duursma. He has lovely skills when he's on like today.

26 Riley Bonner
Fine game, no problems I saw

28 Willem Drew
Also a fine game.

29 Scott Lycett
Excellent game. Nice to see us getting pretty well exactly what we paid for. Thanks Byrons Firen for some background on his 'return' to Alberton

33 Darcy Byrne-Jones
Nice to see him play a quality game again as I wasn't impressed with him v Crows. And good to see him chatting with his old on-field partner Pittard post the game.

39 Justin Westhoff
Dependable, a couple of goals. Some very good defending.

40 Jarrod Lienert
Was playing well until injured.

42 Tom Jonas
Slow start, that attempt to punch instead of mark that gave them the first goal looked much worse at the game than on TV. Came into the game well as the game went on. Still 5% rougher than he needs to be, he really does not need another trip to the tribunal.

43 Dan Houston
No major issues. Again will probably play R1 but might not have if we had a full list to choose from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back