Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish I was a bigger Kane Cornes fan a few years ago, then I wouldn’t have to buy a Zak Butters guernsey

I've already got my Jimmy Toumpas guernsey to pull out of the closet.

Wish I was a bigger Kane Cornes fan a few years ago, then I wouldn’t have to buy a Zak Butters guernsey
I still have an #18 home jumper from several years ago when VIP were our sponsor. I've lucked into this one!

Didn't get as much of the ball this week but had huge impact with 3 goals and 6 score involvements amongst his 14 touches.

If he keeps this up, will achieve cult status by about Rd 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a seriously talented footballer. I'm just beyond impressed with his football IQ. He reads the play exceptionally well and his ball use is sublime.

I thought people were ridiculously taking the piss when they talked him up as a Robbie clone, but my goodness he has that type of talent.

He is a seriously talented footballer. I'm just beyond impressed with his football IQ. He reads the play exceptionally well and his ball use is sublime.

I thought people were ridiculously taking the piss when they talked him up as a Robbie clone, but my goodness he has that type of talent.
There is a lot of water to go under the bridge with his career, but when you see someone so young and so slightly built, displaying such amazing skill and decision making against experienced AFL opponents, you just know you have someone special on your hands!

Eg: Walsh is a wonderful talent, but he has an AFL-ready body, so physically has a much better start than Butters. So IMO Butters has a very high ceiling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back