Game Day Port vs Roos - JLT #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Dazzle bruz time for a sherbet & a recalibration lol

Job done today mate job done!

proxy.php

Ryder is disappointing. Here's hoping he makes it Round 1.

It made an almighty cracking noise when it happened. I thought it sounded someone snapped an ankle or something.
I'll never forget the cracking noise i heard when Plugga hip and shouldered Mathew Bode right where i was sitting in 98. Bode the tough little bastard just got straight up.

The 5 metre handball gave us trouble today , guys mis-handballed landing short and at the feet of teammates, a bit of practice needed there because a good handful of them would’ve resulted in great passages of play or goals.
Decent handful of times Clanger kicks , bad options being the major problem there.
Kicking in general not too bad , clean ball handling in the clinches wasn’t really evident by our guys , I think one of the biggest issues.
I love the way Jonas attacks the ball , no fear , full chested and takes the shortest route to the ball . I wish we could get that to filter through the team , I guess it more likely happens when the players bodies are built up but just to be brave enough to back yourself in to win those loose balls is a trait I’d love to see more of .
I thought the game plan was quite good apart from sometimes not seeing a clear forward option but eventually finding a worse one going sideways .
I liked Rozee better when he played wing for a bit later in the game , I’d like to see him at half back sometimes too and try Burton occasionally forward for a look .

Watching the highlights, yikes those jumpers.

Honestly like teams in light tops - dark shorts, ala Sydney, classic North, classic Collingwood, Geelong, us, but today it only made things worse. North wearing the opposite (coloured top, white shorts) only made it even worse!

It comes down to the AFL imposing a light/dark kit which would have forced us in to white shorts vs the home team wearing whatever the heck they please and the other guys finding a suitable alternative.

The 5 metre handball gave us trouble today , guys mis-handballed landing short and at the feet of teammates, a bit of practice needed there because a good handful of them would’ve resulted in great passages of play or goals.
Decent handful of times Clanger kicks , bad options being the major problem there.
Kicking in general not too bad , clean ball handling in the clinches wasn’t really evident by our guys , I think one of the biggest issues.
I love the way Jonas attacks the ball , no fear , full chested and takes the shortest route to the ball . I wish we could get that to filter through the team , I guess it more likely happens when the players bodies are built up but just to be brave enough to back yourself in to win those loose balls is a trait I’d love to see more of .
I thought the game plan was quite good apart from sometimes not seeing a clear forward option but eventually finding a worse one going sideways .
I liked Rozee better when he played wing for a bit later in the game , I’d like to see him at half back sometimes too and try Burton occasionally forward for a look .

Agree with the hand ball issue, I lost count of the times Power players handballed to the feet of a team mate, or to the side where he had to break stride and reach for the ball, or to someone who had zero space to work in and was tackled immediately.
3 or 4 of the roo's goals in the first half came from poor handball when we had total control of the play and just gave the ball back to them.

Poor disposal by both hand and foot has been a problem for years now, and the better teams have usually made us pay the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 23 v Essendon last year - missing at the MCG Rd 1 will be;

Cut..... Neade
Traded Hombsch, Pittard, Polec, Wingard
Injured Wines
Form... Farrell, Frampton, S Gray

I am assuming Ryder will play, but if he doesnt and Frampon comes in, its still 9 changes.

Except he cant ruck, am i the only person on this board that can see this. He literally just runs into the opposition ruckman everytime, i think Howard and Jackson Trengove were more effective with their taps

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
What are you watching may I ask? Some of his tap work today was good. He hit well to advantage, and did well. Howard and Trengove aren't career ruckman, cause they aren't big enough to do it week in/week out, nor are they good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back