Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The players that impressed me the most were- Neale, Lyons, McCarthy, McStay, Rich, Robinson, Mathieson and Bailey.

The new additions add so much to our team winning just about all their 1 on 1 battles. They're all so strong in the contest. Rich looks set for a huge year. McStay looks on the verge of a break out year, Mathieson has improved his ball winning ability, Robinson proved today he is still best 22 and an asset to the side and Bailey is super exciting playing that attacking role off the half back flank, he's a best 22 lock.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Great game to watch, i could get used to this winning thing :D

For me i was impressed with our tackling pressure, (sticking tackles which has been a weakness), ability to lock the ball in our forwardline, our hunger for the ball, ability to geind out a close win and the teams fascination with tap to advantage!
The tap to advantage thing was a massive weapon the Hawks used in their 3peat, Cyril was brilliant at it. Fagan probably taught Clarkson that tactic;), I love it, tap it on if under pressure rather than take possession and get tackled.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Age "match review" is the worst I have ever read. Just a Demons injury report with nothing at all about the game.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ons-have-injury-worriess-20190309-p512wy.html

The Herald Sun was the same. The radio commentary was nearly as bad too when I went for a jog at half time - just Frawley talking absolute rubbish and the game not being called for what seemed like minutes at a time. There was more discussion on Demons injuries that happened in the first quarter than on what was actually happening in the first 10 minutes of the third.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Herald Sun was the same. The radio commentary was nearly as bad too when I went for a jog at half time - just Frawley talking absolute rubbish and the game not being called for what seemed like minutes at a time. There was more discussion on Demons injuries that happened in the first quarter than on what was actually happening in the first 10 minutes of the third.

The highlights on the AFL website was a bit too melbourne centric given we had the game wrapped up early in the last.

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Charlie Cameron is chaos personified.
I think he will stand upright on someone’s head this year and take a grab.
Watching him yesterday he was the most vocal I heard out there. Hungry for the ball and knows exactly how dangerous he is.

We still got exposed a bit on the turnover at times and a bit of lack of speed from our mid sized backs, hodge and witherden will make us susceptible to quick explosive leading players like de goeys and petraccas.

I think the absolute key to this year is capitalising on breaks through the middle. Few times you thought we just have to score here and it got a bit clunky and we turned it over.
Sort this out and we are on our way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie Cameron is chaos personified.
I think he will stand upright on someone’s head this year and take a grab.
Watching him yesterday he was the most vocal I heard out there. Hungry for the ball and knows exactly how dangerous he is.

We still got exposed a bit on the turnover at times and a bit of lack of speed from our mid sized backs, hodge and witherden will make us susceptible to quick explosive leading players like de goeys and petraccas.

I think the absolute key to this year is capitalising on breaks through the middle. Few times you thought we just have to score here and it got a bit clunky and we turned it over.
Sort this out and we are on our way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What amazes me about Hodge, is he was moved onto Hunt as he was looking dangerous and despite Hunt having Hodge covered 10 fold for speed, Hodge completely outplayed him by simply reading the play. The bloke is too good.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
What amazes me about Hodge, is he was moved onto Hunt as he was looking dangerous and despite Hunt having Hodge covered 10 fold for speed, Hodge completely outplayed him by simply reading the play. The bloke is too good.

Are you saying he’s a good bloke?

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Typically, the match report in the Brisbane CM was relegated to a 1/8th page column 12 pages back in the "sports" section after the usual League saturation coverage and a couple of pages each for RU and cricket.

Then in the report, this pearler from Hammo:-

"In his first game for the Demons, May could find himself in trouble from the MRP after a heavy and late bump on third year player Jarrod Berry early in the final quarter":rolleyes::drunk:

What’s wrong with that quote? I’m confused.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
What’s wrong with that quote? I’m confused.

Nothing.

I stuffed it up and now deleted it.

Realised my error about 30 seconds after posting and frantically tried to edit the post before someone picked up on it.

You just can't get away with anything around here.:$

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is there any place I can download the game? thinking of joining watchafl.com and then cancelling before the trial period ends:moustache:

Is there any place I can download the game? thinking of joining watchafl.com and then cancelling before the trial period ends:moustache:
I signed up to Kayo Sports yesterday just to watch the game for a 2 week free trail.
Cancelled this morning and I can keep on watching for the next month👍.
They have full replays!

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I signed up to Kayo Sports yesterday just to watch the game for a 2 week free trail.
Cancelled this morning and I can keep on watching for the next month👍.
They have full replays!

Might try Kayo, on the Watchafl site it says not available to watch within Australiao_O

Kayo is amazing for the price to be honest. Year round value for me with AFL, NFL, F1 and cricket.

25 a month is great.
Yes, I was very tempted to keep it, but our internet is so slow, it barely keeps up.
When we get the NBN in our area, I might hook up again then.
Thankfully it was fine yesterday when I was watching the Lions game but today the Sydney GC game is s**t!

Back