Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore - Discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong has massive injury issues in their VFL side that year - continuity was more of a factor than performance.

Continuity is always a big factor with those kind of things. Still you had a result you wanted with Gore there, and that gave confidence he'd transition. Especially if he had earned a level of trust from Geelong from that season.

Injuries are opportunities after all, and how many times have we seen someone get a small chance and take it with both hands?

It was in 2012 (5th year on list) that Danger increased his disposal count by 50%.
They are different beasts but its important to compare them at the same stage not Milera at 21 and Dangerfield at 25.

What the numbers show is Milera has time on his side to become an absolute gun.
1st 8 games in 2018 he went over 20 disposals once ave 16.6 disposal per game ( he got in one game)
Last 8 games went under 20 disposals once ave 22 disposals per game

Those numbers don't show anything at all because you cannot compare Milera at 21 with Dangerfield at 21. Position and role plays a massive part in production, and Milera right now has a much nicer role for it then Danger did then.

If you want to track where Milera is it, look much more outside, I.e. Brodie Smith.

Though I could tell you Milera has time purely because he is 22, this year. I'm equally very confident Milera will end up routinely competing for AA spots ;)

Geelong has massive injury issues in their VFL side that year - continuity was more of a factor than performance.
That's bullshit, Gore had injuries [shoulder] that year and only played 10 VFL games himself in his first season with the Cats.

I actually watched several of the games Gore played in as the ABC were covering VFL games on the weekends back then and in 2 of those games late in the season he would have been high up in their best players and my recollection is he was playing with a number of the Cat's AFL listed players in those games. He had shown enough to suggest he was a chance at furnishing into a handy AFL player, that and having played a dozen or so games for Sturt's SANFL league team in his draft year along with having played a good carnival for SA at the U18 Championships and putting up some good results at that year's Draft Combine testing.

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_...=124365307&client=0-118-10583-339767-20320210
http://websites.sportstg.com/round_...=124365234&client=0-118-10583-339767-20320210
http://websites.sportstg.com/round_...=124365186&client=0-118-10583-339767-20320210

Sure he never kicked on with us as expected but he was certainly not giving any indication to any fair minded person that he was the "spud" you're making him out to be at the time. Geelong quickly offered him a VFL spot after we delisted him perhaps an indication they rated him? Unfortunately Gore did an ACL last year but is ready to go again.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/afl/geelong-vfl-former-afllisted

Geelong VFL: Former AFL-listed Dean Gore ready to rock and roll after recovery from ACL
FORMER AFL-listed midfielder Dean Gore is ready to return in Geelong’s VFL this season after successful recovering from a knee reconstruction.
The former Geelong third-round pick, who was traded to Adelaide as part of the Patrick Dangerfield deal before being delisted at the end of 2017 without playing a game, joined the Cats’ VFL program last year before suffering an ACL tear that saw him miss the season.
Gore has not only played in two trial games against St Mary’s and St Joseph’s for the Cats, but has also been prominent in AFL match-simulation training, helping to boost the Cats’ AFL pre-season numbers on the track.
“ ‘Gorey’ is going really well — he’s come into a couple of AFL sessions as well and did some match-play with them,” VFL coach Shane O’Bree said.
“He’s really comfortable with where his body is at and he’s raring to go, so he’s basically one of our new recruits, along with (Dan) Capiron and Benny Reid — to not the same extent — but they’re three guys that we’re glad to get back in our system as mature-aged VFL players.” O’Bree said Gore would be an asset in whatever role he was given.
“Gorey’s got good flexibility. He can play halfback, he can play inside mid, he can play outside mid as well,” O’Bree said.
“They’re our most valuable VFL players, the ones that can play multiple positions.

Looks a lot leaner than when with us that's for sure.

1552012918489.png

Last edited:
The same Dean Gore came 3rd in Geelongs reserves BnF in 2015 (his first season). Unfortunately like a lot of players, environment plays a massive role, as well as role. The luck he had with Geelong set up wise, he didn't receive here and failed.

If anything, this may just be a case of Geelongs youth development just being utter puss.
And that was in an injury impacted season [hamstring & Shoulder clean out] where Gore only played 10 games and was really starting to his straps performance wise on resuming later in the season.

And that was in an injury impacted season [hamstring & Shoulder clean out] where Gore only played 10 games and was really starting to his straps performance wise on resuming later in the season.

Played in a s**t team that itself was injury ravaged. I don’t think he was 3rd on votes per game. Just a big average player that wasn’t worth the 50 odd that we paid for him. He was included in the deal so it didn’t look as bad as it clearly was. Plenty of supporters lapped up the bullshit that Gore was somehow worth something.

Played in a s**t team that itself was injury ravaged. I don’t think he was 3rd on votes per game. Just a big average player that wasn’t worth the 50 odd that we paid for him. He was included in the deal so it didn’t look as bad as it clearly was. Plenty of supporters lapped up the bullshit that Gore was somehow worth something.

And then they did it again when the club went back to the well this year. And they'll do it next time.

'The club tells me this guy was actually worth pick one, so I believe them and think we got overs'.

Look you can put whatever spin you like on it but you are categorically wrong, Tom Ruggles who played 18 games won their B & F

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-09-18/ruggles-takes-out-vfl-bf

Rounding out the top three was first year midfielder, Dean Gore, who totalled 62 votes despite playing only 11 games.

Statistically, Gore was one of the Cats’ best all year finishing fifth in disposals (average of 21.4), fifth in tackles (5.6), fourth in clearances (3.6) and first in inside 50’s (3.5), showcasing his potential as a quality midfielder.

Look you can put whatever spin you like on it but you are categorically wrong, Tom Ruggles who played 18 games won their B & F

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-09-18/ruggles-takes-out-vfl-bf

None of that addressed my votes per game comment. From memory he was about 5th. I know you can’t believe that you got it so wrong, but you’re judgement is far from perfect. Despite evidence to the contrary, you’re too resistant to look beyond what you see at junior level. Gore was s**t, we knew he was s**t but we needed a player thrown into the deal. That Geelong reserves team was s**t, Gore lesser s**t than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those numbers don't show anything at all because you cannot compare Milera at 21 with Dangerfield at 21. Position and role plays a massive part in production, and Milera right now has a much nicer role for it then Danger did then.

If you want to track where Milera is it, look much more outside, I.e. Brodie Smith.

Though I could tell you Milera has time purely because he is 22, this year. I'm equally very confident Milera will end up routinely competing for AA spots ;)
So how about if we compare him to McLeods production at the same age?
Milera 20% more disposals in a difficult year for the club. Not saying he is going to be a McLeod.

Milera has 1 ridiculous season and dominates and crows win a flag and the whole discussion changes.

History shows Kennedy at West Coast was a more valuable player than Judd at Carlton, which no one would have thought at the time of the trade.
Dangerfield is currently well ahead but Geelong hasn’t really benefited from it. He’s well ahead of Milera on strength, power running and contested marking but Milera is better on kicking disposal, evasive skills in traffic and defence, and not far behind in speed. He’s also younger and so will be around longer of course. If he helps us win a flag and Danger doesn’t then we’ve probably won the trade but it’s still a big if.

I felt like it the matched idiocy of your assertion ..

You aim for idiocy? Well, for once in your life you've achieved a goal.

Suggesting that having one of the top three players in the league (who won a brownlow in the period) in teams that:

a) Missed the top two by one game;

b) Lost the grand final

would have won a flag is not idiocy you plonk. It should be relatively uncontroversial.

You aim for idiocy? Well, for once in your life you've achieved a goal.

Suggesting that having one of the top three players in the league (who won a brownlow in the period) in teams that:

a) Missed the top two by one game;

b) Lost the grand final

would have won a flag is not idiocy you plonk. It should be relatively uncontroversial.
Wow .. with the gift of hindsight you have managed to manufacture your desired outcome.

Thank you Nostradamus .. I feel genuinely enlightened, not just to be in your presence but also to hear your first hand post date sporting outcomes .. :thumbsu:

Yet history and record books shows something entirely different

Have you been drinking nail varnish, or are you always an imbecile?

Someone posted about 'winning a trade' if we won a flag with a player traded in. The obvious weighing point is to consider what we might have done with that player that we traded out.

At least tag me you * wit if you plan to abuse me ..

You were talking pie in sky s**t again. You are behaving again like a monumental ******* ..

Dangerfield left, we didn't win a GF .. don't you feel the slightest bit of embarrassment invoking the results of your Taro cards readings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back