Preview JLT 2: vs Lions @ Casey Fields Saturday 9th March 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

other than the hit, howd May go?
Struggled like most of our defenders tbh. This stemmed mostly from lack of pressure from the midfield. But like I've been saying, our lack of pace with these new rules could be a major issue this year and it has shown in both JLT games where quicker sides have exposed us and scored easily and heavily. Jones and Lewis in particular are going to be found out this year. May's presence will be handy, but even he had 10 kicked on him last year against a quick midfield in Richmond. Could also be a Lever 2018 situation where it takes some time to gel. 50/50 whether he'll be there round 1 based on the hit. Trubunal is a lottery..

I just had a nice, soothing chat with TMac. He said yesterday was a bit frustrating. Everyone getting some ball but nothing coming in cleanly and not making enough of the opportunities (which we could all kind of see, but since it was Tommy I acted fully impressed at his wisdom). On the positive side he says his body feels good and his fitness isn’t worrying him. He reckons Weid has had a great preseason and is heading for a big year.

The McDonald brothers are my favourites to talk to. They’re both completely laid back and friendly. They are naturals at the whole “meet a massive long line of gormless weirdos” thing. The Weid is lovely too but we sort of knew that. He’s sporting a slight black eye. Probably Luke Hodge related.

I don’t have any idea what’s legal.

But I reaaaally want this to be.
Any bump is legal unless you get them in the head, that includes when they have their head over the ball

Mays bump or "standing still" as others have put it will only get looked at if he made contact with Berry's head, even then it was low impact so shouldn't get weeks. Forgive me for overreacting but I really want to see May out there in round 1.

Our back 6 actually was ok last year until the Eagles final (We got smashed all over the ground then) but it took a while to put it together, could well be the same this year especially since Lever will come back around rounds 8.

Our back 6 actually was ok last year until the Eagles final (We got smashed all over the ground then) but it took a while to put it together, could well be the same this year especially since Lever will come back around rounds 8.

Our back 6 settled when Gawn dropped deep and frost came in to support Omac. Also Vince going out as well.

Felt like the back 6 was all over the place again. Did feel like we were rotating full backs which didn't allow us any continuity against the lions and Hore looked pretty out of his depth

I just had a nice, soothing chat with TMac. He said yesterday was a bit frustrating. Everyone getting some ball but nothing coming in cleanly and not making enough of the opportunities (which we could all kind of see, but since it was Tommy I acted fully impressed at his wisdom). On the positive side he says his body feels good and his fitness isn’t worrying him. He reckons Weid has had a great preseason and is heading for a big year.

The McDonald brothers are my favourites to talk to. They’re both completely laid back and friendly. They are naturals at the whole “meet a massive long line of gormless weirdos” thing. The Weid is lovely too but we sort of knew that. He’s sporting a slight black eye. Probably Luke Hodge related.

I love the weid. I still remember draft night when they interviewed him
and Oliver, couldn’t have had a bigger contrast between two kids in front of a camera.

I love the weid. I still remember draft night when they interviewed him
and Oliver, couldn’t have had a bigger contrast between two kids in front of a camera.
That was funny stuff. I was watching Oliver sign autographs for a bit today and he’s a whole lot more comfortable in the role now. I met him in his first preseason after he’d played on JLT against Port - it was like trying to talk to a sheepdog in a thunderstorm. Half hyper and half terrified. I’m glad I got his signature back then rather than today though. There is a 200 metre queue to meet him.

other than the hit, howd May go?
Thought he was reasonable tbh. He was the only one who managed to actually get fists to the ball with their long entries. OMac, Hore, Hibberd etc struggled with that to varying degrees.

Our back 6 settled when Gawn dropped deep and frost came in to support Omac. Also Vince going out as well.

Felt like the back 6 was all over the place again. Did feel like we were rotating full backs which didn't allow us any continuity against the lions and Hore looked pretty out of his depth
Our back six worries me. They're clearly not agile enough to move the ball out of defence on their own. Hibberd has looked slow in pre-season, hopefully he sorts that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our back six worries me. They're clearly not agile enough to move the ball out of defence on their own. Hibberd has looked slow in pre-season, hopefully he sorts that out.

It's by far the biggest issue we have. We have spent some serious currency in the last 4 years trying to build it
3 first rounders for May an Lever
2nd for Frost an Hunt
2nd for Hibberd

Yet it's still my biggest concern, purely as defenders

McGovern>Rance>May
Grimes>Barass>Omac
Astbury>Schofield>Frost
Jetta>Vlastuin>Cole
Hurn>Hibberd>Houli
Short=Lewis=Jetta

We need May an Lever to become guns. One of them has to be AA for us to make a GF IMO.

Thought he was reasonable tbh. He was the only one who managed to actually get fists to the ball with their long entries. OMac, Hore, Hibberd etc struggled with that to varying degrees.
Yeah I agree, he didn't get a heap of the ball, but defensively he was really good, completely took Hipwood out of the game.

Yeah I agree, he didn't get a heap of the ball, but defensively he was really good, completely took Hipwood out of the game.
Took Berry out the game too :$

It's by far the biggest issue we have. We have spent some serious currency in the last 4 years trying to build it
3 first rounders for May an Lever
2nd for Frost an Hunt
2nd for Hibberd

Yet it's still my biggest concern, purely as defenders

McGovern>Rance>May
Grimes>Barass>Omac
Astbury>Schofield>Frost
Jetta>Vlastuin>Cole
Hurn>Hibberd>Houli
Short=Lewis=Jetta

We need May an Lever to become guns. One of them has to be AA for us to make a GF IMO.
I’m really struggling to cope with your new thing of leaving the d off the end of and.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back