Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw that goal from 100 metres away last week and I was so surprised, I made a comment to a family member sitting beside me, who was buried in his phone. Having said that, there were quite a few notable holding the ball decisions that went against him.... but good on him for trying to break thru packs.

Long way from Fyfe....looonngggg. It makes ya wonder whether this is a strategic buildup by the club to pump him up.... It's not as if the journalist seagulls who will write stories about anything, are actually the ones starting this momentum. The three "son of's" have a lot to live up to. Isnt this just going to increase the pressure on him?

Last year there were pump up articles about Sier and Aish. I think it's the club's method of trying to build confidencd in talented kids who lack confidence.

Yes, I agree. And sons of greats might sufffer from feelings of not being good enough.... but there are already expectations on these players. We'll see if it works. At any rate, he has improved considerably from the stick insect that was afraid to get near the ball

Good to give him spells on the ball as part of his education, but with our depth of grunt midfielders he is not needed there any time soon.

And frankly, with his gallop and kicking skills, I think Tyler would be wasted in there. Grunt types in Adams, Thomas and Sier don't have the same run or kicking ability.... and in part that is why they are inside mids by trade.

I imagine the wing is Tyler's home. Can see him becoming more Seedsman like with a metres gained based game rather than a contested one.

Perhaps round 1 2020 Dave

Might be Right Kappa

Well he is in JLT 2 which makes me think he is equation to play RD 1. Though I highly doubt that.

Might Debut later in the Season

Might be Right Kappa

Well he is in JLT 2 which makes me think he is equation to play RD 1. Though I highly doubt that.

Might Debut later in the Season
No chance Dave, he’s not in the equation. It looks like they rate him though, which is good news. I’d imagine he’ll be thrown in to the midfield this year in the VFL rather than on a HBF like last year. Looking forward to seeing him develop in there.

Folks some were saying pre-game JLT 1 some (coaches? players?) were saying he’s well regarded.
Nat Fyfe even got mentioned?

I haven’t seen those interviews.
  • What was said
  • By whom
  • Is it available?
Just wondering because if so I’ve missed it and wouldn’t mind hearing same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 disposals 4 clangers
It's hard to say at this stage how good or ordinary he is going to be. To me he is just a developing player who made a deft move in kicking a single goal in an otherwise forgettable performance. He has a long way to go before he is even regarded as an AFL standard player. Maybe he will make it but maybe he won't.

9 disposals 4 clangers
I like how you’ve looked at the positives from his performance rather than just concentrating on the negatives. Good balance.

Folks some were saying pre-game JLT 1 some (coaches? players?) were saying he’s well regarded.

• What was said
  • By whom
  • Is it available?
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-09/have-the-magpies-unearthed-the-next-nat-fyfe-tyler-brown

His coaches were pleased with Brown's first hitout and believe he will adapt quickly to AFL level. They were pleased with him beforehand, too.

In a pre-match interview, Magpie coach Nathan Buckley raised a few eyebrows by revealing that Brown boasts traits that remind him of Fremantle superstar Nat Fyfe (who didn't play in the JLT clash due to injury), in that when he reaches his full physical maturation he will be a big, strong midfielder who will be hard to beat both in the air and on the ground.

It turns out Brown has idolised Fyfe, along with other super-size onballers in Carlton's Patrick Cripps, Geelong's Patrick Dangerfield and, of course, Collingwood captain Scott Pendlebury.

"Nat Fyfe has been one of my role models, and he's someone I want to play like. I've watched a bit of vision of him because I want to learn from the best and improve my game," said Brown, whose older brother Callum also plays for Collingwood, where their father Gavin is a club great.

I like how you’ve looked at the positives from his performance rather than just concentrating on the negatives. Good balance.
Kappa plays a vital role around here with his conservative approach, making sure no-one ever gets too carried away with themselves!!

9 disposals 4 clangers
Don’t ever lose that incredibly positive demeanour you have.
Keeps us all in the zone.

:cool:

• What was said
  • By whom
  • Is it available?

Bucks said in the interview on the ground before the match that he sees some traits of Fyfe in him
and the journo's have jumped on that now he's the second coming of Fyfe

Kappa plays a vital role around here with his conservative approach, making sure no-one ever gets too carried away with themselves!!
Like you, 35 Daicos, Kappa boast a higher ratio of likes to posts. Obviously his views are appreciated by a significant number of posters. Tyler Brown is only in his second year and with his skinny frame he probably needs at least another season and pre season to develop a body capable of competing at AFL level. My viewing of last week's game at the pub was interrupted for lengthy periods of time by staff incompetence and disinterest in our viewing experience, with a quiz night taking precedence over football. Hopefully tomorrow offers greater opportunity to watch Tyler and others in action.

Don't see much of Thatsgold on the board anymore. I miss the trio of penguins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back