Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey played 4 games in his first year
Kouta (who Balta should model his game after) played 6 games in his first year and not much more in his second.

I expect his breakout AFL game will come in his 15th. :)

Incidentally, Richo was a star game 1 but he "arrived" in his 4th. 6 goals 14 marks,

I have been frothing over his capabilities for a while, but the one thing that I am worried about in terms of his rising star chances is his ability to run out games. He did some great things in the VFL last year, but I found that there were times he wasn’t spotted for a while in games.

If he’s rectified that in the off-season then I believe he has a spot in the AFL because we need a strong-bodied player that is good overhead like he is. His marking was excellent on Sunday and he seemed to be involved in a lot of gameplay, which is a really good sign that he has rectified his aforementioned area of improvement.

Is/Was my concern as well. Does anyone have his TOG stat again for last game? Can he stay invloved for 4 quarters? Being released for a 15 min stint us one thing. Although I seem to remember him being on the ground for most of 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Is/Was my concern as well. Does anyone have his TOG stat again for last game? Can he stay invloved for 4 quarters? Being released for a 15 min stint us one thing. Although I seem to remember him being on the ground for most of 2nd and 3rd quarters.

77% TOG

9th highest of the team

I have been frothing over his capabilities for a while, but the one thing that I am worried about in terms of his rising star chances is his ability to run out games. He did some great things in the VFL last year, but I found that there were times he wasn’t spotted for a while in games.

If he’s rectified that in the off-season then I believe he has a spot in the AFL because we need a strong-bodied player that is good overhead like he is. His marking was excellent on Sunday and he seemed to be involved in a lot of gameplay, which is a really good sign that he has rectified his aforementioned area of improvement.
Most kids coming out of TAC struggle with first year stamina issues, mental and physical. Higgins was different because he quit school to do the fitness work required to get near the required level. Balta is an athlete who may turn games, they are unlikely to do it all game every game, but worth a punt.

I’d still play him round one but he’s gone when Lynch comes back

Had a decent game
Had a great clearance from a centre bounce that led directly to a goal

And a few hit outs to advantage

Would of liked him to stick a consted mark or two in the forward line tho

But in saying that I felt hawthorn set up a lot better definitely and got numbers back a lot more than what Melbourne did

Will be interesting if he’s done enough to secure a spot round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely balta or soldo will have to play
play Soldo and you're a man down. He's crap. Balta needs games, Soldo needs some talent as he has none. Water runs up hill faster than Soldo.

Noah Balta must be played , While not having the impact he did last week he certainly did not have a bad game.
Created an option up foward and did some really strong pack work to allow team mates room.
If Lynch is ready play Balta up the ground but get as much games into this kid as possible - He could be the difference to Richmond winning/Losing the premiership if we make the big dance

What do they call this?
Shipping them?

1: What's her name?
2: Is she on Instagram?
3: Are they following each other?
4: Richmond father/son/daughter pick in the 2040's.

I thought too much into that didn't I?

Noah Balta must be played , While not having the impact he did last week he certainly did not have a bad game.
Created an option up foward and did some really strong pack work to allow team mates room.
If Lynch is ready play Balta up the ground but get as much games into this kid as possible - He could be the difference to Richmond winning/Losing the premiership if we make the big dance

Thing I like about him is his versatile can play anywhere loose nothing with him even if he's not there week in week out .It might be a big statement like your last few lines read,but I tend to agree with you with him there and Lynch that is dangerous and gives us that point of difference and the talls we were crying out for last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back