Discussion JLT Community Series 2019: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah its awesome. Best one they have had. No more white CFAD9855-29F4-49F5-B1A2-97612069EAD7.jpeg which isn’t an official colour of ours.
It’s consistent with our main jumper.

No doubt we need a rebrand. But for now they are a good pair of jumpers using our three colours

white shorts look trash with the blue guernsey. 4 colours across a full playing kit, it just looks so busy with the random bits of colours everywhere.

the club starts looking at designs for next season next month looking to lock in the design by may/june, i hope they explore other options.

The new GC Suns clash strip just looks wrong...

I think it’s beacuse blue is such a minor colour in their scheme and now they’ve made it the major Colour in this jumper so it just looks weird. My young son just said is that the Eagles playing....

Remove the unnecessary red detailing on the front/back of the collar and the sidepanels, and use blue shorts, and that Gold Coast clash strip would be ten times better.

There is actually no need for Gold Coast to have white shorts. They don't wear them with their home jumper, and wearing blue shorts against anybody they would wear their blue jumper against would be fine.

What the hell are GC going to wear away to Adelaide?

Red and yellow was apparently no good in years past, is it now going to be considered acceptable in the same way Essendon now wear home vs Adelaide?

They wore their red kit last year even though they had the white available. White would obviously have been better, but the red wasn't too bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how GC would look if the side panels continued down the shorts, like how Carlton’s clash did in 2017.
Remove the unnecessary red detailing on the front/back of the collar and the sidepanels, and use blue shorts, and that Gold Coast clash strip would be ten times better.

There is actually no need for Gold Coast to have white shorts. They don't wear them with their home jumper, and wearing blue shorts against anybody they would wear their blue jumper against would be fine.
Like this?
1552210777576.png 1552210828504.png

The blue shorts do look much better, not sure on the sidepanel though. Makes the whole kit look like a sleeveless onesie.

When the Smith's Chips jumper was released I was expecting blue shorts, not sure why they would go with white (especially since they don't wear them at all with their home jumper)

The blue shorts do look much better, not sure on the sidepanel though. Makes the whole kit look like a sleeveless onesie.

When the Smith's Chips jumper was released I was expecting blue shorts, not sure why they would go with white (especially since they don't wear them at all with their home jumper)
i guess it'd be the same for most clubs with a clash guernsey? the hawks new "v" clash guernsey is predominantly gold, but i can't imagine they'd run out in gold shorts too? i reckon the afl still wants some form of white in there. in the case of the suns clash, i agree, the white does add another unnecessary colour, would look better in blue.

So Collingwood and Carlton admit last year that Collingwood home and Carlton in home/white shorts doesn't work, Eddie says they will introduce a new jumper to fix it.

Come JLT 2019 what do Carlton and Collingwood run out in? you guessed it, Collingwood home V Carlton Home-White Shorts.

Seriously someone in the two organisations couldn't put two and two together and do something about it before the game today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back