10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Pick 1 and 19 for

Himmelberg, 12 and 14?

I'm guessing where GWS and Essendon will fall, and that we think we have a need for Himmelberg. Key defender?

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Probably too much from our end, tbh. You'd think our second would be close to enough.

By memory we had high wraps for Himmelberg for his draft year.

McGovern replacement?

Nah, have to go small, and quick with McGoverns replacement. I'd be thinking along the lines of an upgrade on Keath/Hartigan.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
By memory we had high wraps for Himmelberg for his draft year.

Nah, have to go small, and quick with McGoverns replacement. I'd be thinking along the lines of an upgrade on Keath/Hartigan.
Been discussing Himmelburg on the trade board. We wont want to trade him but he's OOC this year and his call. If he nominates you a trade will happen. Perhaps the Blues second rounder returned unless they have a good year.
Against him leaving is I think we asked players to who wanted out to put their hand up last year.

I honestly cant see him as a fit to a forward line that has Tex, Jenkins, Lynch and soon Fogarty to fit in somewhere. He would push his brother further down the pecking order as well.

I get the tall back suggestion, he has the tools and I think we only moved him forward because of need. He's very good below his knees and can play on short or tall forwards. Pretty much a flexible modern back. Whether you need one is another matter.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Been discussing Himmelburg on the trade board. We wont want to trade him but he's OOC this year and his call. If he nominates you a trade will happen. Perhaps the Blues second rounder returned unless they have a good year.
Against him leaving is I think we asked players to who wanted out to put their hand up last year.

I honestly cant see him as a fit to a forward line that has Tex, Jenkins, Lynch and soon Fogarty to fit in somewhere. He would push his brother further down the pecking order as well.

I get the tall back suggestion, he has the tools and I think we only moved him forward because of need. He's very good below his knees and can play on short or tall forwards. Pretty much a flexible modern back. Whether you need one is another matter.
Can never have enough quality talls. 2013 when we lost Tippet and Tex went down with an ACL is still an open wound for many of us after a promising 2012. Didn't really recover until 2015 after pumping games into Jenkins for a couple years.

Jenkins is interesting. He's already 30 and contracted until 2022 by which time he will be 33 and likely not playing seniors. By then Tex will be 31 too.

Your Himmelberg and Fogarty would be a pretty formidable match up by then I reckon at 25 and 22 years old.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Can never have enough quality talls. 2013 when we lost Tippet and Tex went down with an ACL is still an open wound for many of us after a promising 2012. Didn't really recover until 2015 after pumping games into Jenkins for a couple years.

Jenkins is interesting. He's already 30 and contracted until 2022 by which time he will be 33 and likely not playing seniors. By then Tex will be 31 too.

Your Himmelberg and Fogarty would be a pretty formidable match up by then I reckon at 25 and 22 years old.
He wouldn't come on a rookie contract though. For the money you'd pay him he'd need to contributing from day 1 I would have thought.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

We 100% need another quality Key Back. Talia aging, Hartigan unreliable. Keath unproven and for some reason not getting a real shot at it.
Maybe Himmelburg starts at CHB and when Jenkins is too old or not performing swing him forward. Same for Tex.
But by that time Lukosius May want to return home. Hard to predict so could be in the clubs best interests to make it a good problem to have.

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Laird ~ Himmelburg ~ Smith

Looks good.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m note sure how we would thought in Himmelberg. Tex, Jenkins and Lynch would all be playing next year, plus Fog and his brother we need to develop.

Down back we have Talia, Keath and Hartigan.

Surely we have to be throwing everything at a ruckman instead.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m note sure how we would thought in Himmelberg. Tex, Jenkins and Lynch would all be playing next year, plus Fog and his brother we need to develop.

Down back we have Talia, Keath and Hartigan.

Surely we have to be throwing everything at a ruckman instead.
Why not both? Himmelburg is an upgrade on Hartigan/Keath.
Trade Carlton’s first to Collingwood for Grundy and go all out for a premiership.

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Sloane ~ M.Crouch ~ Seedsman
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Jones
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Fogarty
Grundy ~ B.Crouch ~ Gibbs
Greenwood ~ Milera ~ Atkins
Galluci

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why not both? Himmelburg is an upgrade on Hartigan/Keath.
Trade Carlton’s first to Collingwood for Grundy and go all out for a premiership.

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Sloane ~ M.Crouch ~ Seedsman
Lynch ~ Walker ~ Jones
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Fogarty
Grundy ~ B.Crouch ~ Gibbs
Greenwood ~ Milera ~ Atkins
Galluci
In our history have you ever known us to land two quality players in a year, one of them being an outright gun?

Grundy is a dream, he won’t leave Collingwood, no one does.

We need to be putting our energies into a ruckman that’s acheivable.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
We 100% need another quality Key Back. Talia aging, Hartigan unreliable. Keath unproven and for some reason not getting a real shot at it.
Maybe Himmelburg starts at CHB and when Jenkins is too old or not performing swing him forward. Same for Tex.
But by that time Lukosius May want to return home. Hard to predict so could be in the clubs best interests to make it a good problem to have.

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee

Looks good.
Hopefully not Tex for a while. Nice moment when Tex and Cumming shook hands at Manuka. Saw them chatting post game as well. They are too far apart age wise to have played together but both are North BH Bulldogs juniors.

Back on topic that does make sense. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Love the way Harry plays. Every time I watch him I'm reminded how good our recruiters are a at spotting real talent.

Would 100% be in our best 22 and would just push out the next weakest link.

Think about the good players that have started as forwards and ended up very good defenders ... not a silly suggestion that he joins that group. Everyone is talking about players that can switch hit - we are developing more of them every year - HH fits that description too.

Hope we get him.

PS - He is a very different player to his brother, I don't see a conflict there at all.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Walker would be 30 and Jenkins 31 by the start of next season.

Fogarty and Himmelberg x 2 would be the key forwards I'd think. Did Himmelberg play on a wing at one point?

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Walker would be 30 and Jenkins 31 by the start of next season.

Fogarty and Himmelberg x 2 would be the key forwards I'd think. Did Himmelberg play on a wing at one point?
He kinda does currently. We use the talls up the ground to mark on the wing and feed into the forward 50 a lot. Not uncommon to see him start on the wing at centre bounces. Not something you'd do unless he was capable of clearance work and outside defence if required. Leon has described him as an oversize midfielder.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
In our history have you ever known us to land two quality players in a year, one of them being an outright gun?

Grundy is a dream, he won’t leave Collingwood, no one does.

We need to be putting our energies into a ruckman that’s acheivable.

Looking through clubs lists there isn't much on offer that's gettable or worth going after.
I think we are stuck with O'Brien, Himmelberg, Hunter, Strachan and have to hope one becomes super competitive.
If this happened and we could get Harry as a CHB for pick 19 and a gun mid with Carltons 1st it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Last 3 flags have been won with average rucks.

Back