Preview Changes for Round 1

Ryder touch and go. Hammer will need match fitness, Lienert confirmed out.

IN: Broadbent, Frampton
OUT: Ryder, Lienert

Howard misses despite us requiring an extra tall. He's just not in the frame at the moment.

Rozee maybe out in favour of Mayes. A couple of hard decisions that could go either way. I think it's brave to keep Rozee in after this week given his and Mayes performances.

If Ryder is in, just the one change in Lienert for Broadbent is likely.

I think Marshall plays R1 despite the indifferent form.

Rozee was good with his pressure and he'd be disappointed if he was the only one of the three first round picks to miss. I'd keep him in.

I reckon Howard will get a game before Frampton though.

Rozee was good with his pressure and he'd be disappointed if he was the only one of the three first round picks to miss. I'd keep him in.

I reckon Howard will get a game before Frampton though.

I think you are right. However Howard's form is a thousand times worse than Framptons not that they are necessarily comparable.

I guess it depends on if we want him to ruck or defend.

Inb4 Howard chosen as ruck over Frampton.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From the team we rolled with today (squad of 23 so extra number has to come out):

Out: Lienert (inj), Ebert
In: Howard

Ryder for Frampton if Ryder isn't fit to play.

Very much on the fence about Duursma.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’d like to see Sam Gray or Mayes in the side ahead of Ebert but I’m not sure it’ll happen.

Broadbent and Hartlett should both come in, but Hamish in particular is a near certainty IMO.

OUT: Lienert, Ebert
IN: Hartlett

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only unforced change I would make would be Mayes for Duursma. I like Duursma but he's coughing the ball up too often at the moment. Based on Ross' report from Friday night I think it's a simple like for like swap.

Leinert out injured obviously. Amon was great and earned his spot. I think we need Rozee's speed and pressure even though he's not getting heaps of the ball

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
Surely Watts doesn’t get a Rd 1 spot, right?

(edit: maybe it’s just me that has no confidence in him - his decision-making skill still worries and angers me)

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
In, the Dolmio Grin

Out WHO CARES

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only unforced change I would make would be Mayes for Duursma. I like Duursma but he's coughing the ball up too often at the moment. Based on Ross' report from Friday night I think it's a simple like for like swap.

Leinert out injured obviously. Amon was great and earned his spot. I think we need Rozee's speed and pressure even though he's not getting heaps of the ball

Agreed re Duursma, there is no doubt he can find the ball, but his decision making is at times quite poor, and he would be under much more pressure in a game against the Dees when 4 points are on the line than he was yesterday.

You’re not going to fix Duursma by playing him in the SANFL. It’s not his decision making that is poor, it’s the fact that at AFL level there’s not as much time. Most of his *ups come from when he thinks he has more space to execute his kicks. But we need his speed against Melbourne.

I forgot we played 23 yesterday...so it's Lienert out, no one in.

Hartlett and Broadbent will get into the side as soon as Burton/Bonner/Houston have a poor game. Mayes will get in as soon as Motlop has a poor game. Howard will get in as soon as Clurey or Jonas have a poor game.

Then you've got Wines and Dixon to come back in. They'll both come back through the SANFL to make sure they hit the ground running.

This is what a premiership calibre list looks like - when there are players who could legitimately have a claim to being selected in the 22 based on their own merit rather than the fact that a player fails to fire and we need a replacement.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do the Maggie’s have another trial game next week? If so, another look at Mayes, McKenzie, Broadbent, Howard and Billy.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was in the best players yesterday, its not like he’s out of place in the side.
Mate, pleeeez! One rule we should all have is, NEVER never put any store in the "Best Player" selections! This is the list from the AFL game day report:
BEST:
Port Adelaide: Rockliff, Boak, Watts, Duursma, Bonner, Lycett

The idiot rated Duursma above Butters, Westhoff, and Powell-Pepper! He was ok and had some good moments, but in the top 6??? I am convinced they watch 5 minutes of the game on Foxtell, then check the Supercoach high scres at the end to choose their best players!

Back