2019 AFLW Season

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I noticed was the lack of kicking penetration from most of our team compared most of the other teams. Our best players (Anderson and Bates) can hardly kick over 25 meters. Kicking skills need to be a key factor on who we recruit and keep on the list in the future. I really hope that the younger girls on the way through learn to kick and handball properly, may be even on both feet.

She should really concentrate on winning some ball and not just getting easy ones over the back. She got a couple last week, but I am surprised she is getting a game.

There is talent that they arent selecting, we need some more ball users who can actually hit a target and not just hack it forward for it to be interceptes.

I think she should get a game but often over runs the ball and can't kick over a jam tin; however, she can certainly break the lines and is hard at it.

She should really concentrate on winning some ball and not just getting easy ones over the back. She got a couple last week, but I am surprised she is getting a game.

There is talent that they arent selecting, we need some more ball users who can actually hit a target and not just hack it forward for it to be interceptes.
Her celebration was pretty over the top and excessive considering what a cheap goal it was and time of the game.

You'd be forgiven for thinking she kicked the winning goal with seconds to spare in the GF.

Her celebration was pretty over the top and excessive considering what a cheap goal it was and time of the game.

You'd be forgiven for thinking she kicked the winning goal with seconds to spare in the GF.

Sheesh. You must be fun at parties. KMac was just injecting a bit of light heartedness in an otherwise dour game.

Assistant coach David Lake has been announced as the Suns head coach. He'll be a loss

One thing I noticed was the lack of kicking penetration from most of our team compared most of the other teams. Our best players (Anderson and Bates) can hardly kick over 25 meters. Kicking skills need to be a key factor on who we recruit and keep on the list in the future. I really hope that the younger girls on the way through learn to kick and handball properly, may be even on both feet.
Well they have Grider who is a good kick and im scratching my head why she isnt getting a game.

There are girls at rep level who can kick off both, there was a girl in qld at under 12 who was a better kick then a lot of boys in the state team (a couple of years ago). But generally for the girls it is the kicking that is the difference.

I think she should get a game but often over runs the ball and can't kick over a jam tin; however, she can certainly break the lines and is hard at it.
But is it enough when she hardly gets a touch? There has been a significant leap forward in skill for the better sides this year, the game will pass by a lot of players in the next couple of years.

Brisbane Lions v Carlton Blues

Sunday, 10 March at 4.05pm AEDT (3.05 pm Brisbane)
IKON Park, Melbourne

TV: BRIS: 7mate NATIONAL: FOX Radio: Macquarie Sports Radio

IN: Webb, Ellenger
OUT: Hunt (omitted), Pittman (ommitted)

Prediction: Who knows. Lions by 1 pt.

My grandson is back playing Aussie Rules for the Yeronga Devils after 2 seasons of soccer and I went and watched him train tonight.

The girls were there training as well and Dan Merrett was the man in charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back