JLT Round 2 - v Swans - Sunday March 10. Lismore

Remove this Banner Ad

Would anyone give B King a 2 year extension on good money based on what he has showed?

His hands must be painted on

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of course you would. Even if its just on potential right now. he just needs development.

Every time Witts competes against someone that isn't a ruck we struggle big time. He gets total control of the ruck but cannot effectively feed our mids. Is this his fault? Or is it the mids not going where they should? In those situations he needs to take it out of the ruck more too.

I thought Hanley showed the most in the brief stint he was on. Whenever he touched it we looked good, but only had the scheduled amount of minutes.

King no-where near it.

2MP good but needs to kick better. Plenty of missed field kicks and easy goals.

Every time Witts competes against someone that isn't a ruck we struggle big time. He gets total control of the ruck but cannot effectively feed our mids. Is this his fault? Or is it the mids not going where they should? In those situations he needs to take it out of the ruck more too.
He will never be a ruckman midfielder. His height has always been his advantage. I've seen him play for years, and not much has changed, unfortunately.

Burgess dropped 2-3 marks he needs to take as a 3rd tall.
Ah Chee drops a sitter in front, Ballard 2 grubbers cost 2 goals, Collins drops an easy mark for another goal.
4.12 in the 2nd half.
We are getting the opportunities and all is not lost, but we are our own worst enemy. We just need more midfielders with bigger bodies but they aren't arriving anytime soon.

I thought Hanley showed the most in the brief stint he was on. Whenever he touched it we looked good, but only had the scheduled amount of minutes.

King no-where near it.

2MP good but needs to kick better. Plenty of missed field kicks and easy goals.
It's the mids mate, we have the worst midfield and they have an elite one. Witts played fine.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tbh I didn’t think we were that bad there were some skill errors and poor decisions, but we had two less shots on goal then Sydney, so if we kicked even a little bit straighter the scoreboard may have been a little closer, there’s positive signs there from a young team so I think we can surprise a couple of teams this year

It’s a full rebuild lads so it’s gonna be a long year - if I’m Dew I’m praising the good work - let’s look at the positives:

1. Great fight back in the first quarter to square it up

2. Won the 3rd quarter.... just....

3. Rankine looks unreal - few weeks off and he’ll be back with a vegance

4. Didn’t get steamrolled in the last quarter and in such hot conditions we didn’t completely run out of tank... even if Sydney took the foot off the gas.

What else have I missed?

Yeah, they gotta work on their cleaner kicking skills before round 1.
Bowes 45% DE, Fiorini & Miles both 46%, Aisnwoirth 54%, Martin 55%, Lukosius 55%, Wright 59% Miller 60%
These are skilful players yet they continually butcher it
Not sure whether it's lack of space, lack of spread from contests.....Baffling.

This was a disappointing game, but FAR from the worst we have seen from the Suns over the last few years. Not happy with our 2nd term at all - but I would say the end result was probably better than I expected given our history.

Bowes 45% DE, Fiorini & Miles both 46%, Aisnwoirth 54%, Martin 55%, Lukosius 55%, Wright 59% Miller 60%
These are skilful players yet they continually butcher it
Not sure whether it's lack of space, lack of spread from contests.....Baffling.
None of those midfielders have played more than 20 odd games together. Doesn't explain the ineffiency altogether but a little more cohesion will certainly help.

I did not watch the game but it looks like Miller was pretty good. By the way Primus was one of the commentators on AFL radio.

Match Feed:
In a losing effort Touk Miller would be hard done by to not be best on ground. Certainly the Suns best in this match with game-high's in 31 disposals, 19 contested possessions, seven tackles, eight clearances and 23 Pressure Acts and four score assists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was the attendance? Not sure they could've got many more in, didn't feel massively outnumbered supporter wise either.
Shocked the Swans didn't have a merch truck at the ground!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did not watch the game but it looks like Miller was pretty good. By the way Primus was one of the commentators on AFL radio.

Match Feed:
In a losing effort Touk Miller would be hard done by to not be best on ground. Certainly the Suns best in this match with game-high's in 31 disposals, 19 contested possessions, seven tackles, eight clearances and 23 Pressure Acts and four score assists.
B grade list clogger that will be outside the best 22 in a few years ;)

Touk really stepping up. Might yet make an A grade mid out of him despite people writing him off as having a low ceiling. He's improved every year he's been in the AFL.

I seriously love the guy but I don't think he'll get to A grade status.
His numbers today were amazingly good but he doesn't have that impact on games that A graders do.
There'll always be a spot for him though in this team.

Match Feed:
Heard a bit of Primus - didn't mind criticising the Suns early for their predictable game plan of always kicking it down the line.

May have been a bit of difference in game style philosophy between him and Dew.

Heard a bit of Primus - didn't mind criticising the Suns early for their predictable game plan of always kicking it down the line.

May have been a bit of difference in game style philosophy between him and Dew.

Primus selected Ballard as the best young player from both teams despite his 2 bloopers.

Touk really stepping up. Might yet make an A grade mid out of him despite people writing him off as having a low ceiling. He's improved every year he's been in the AFL.

I am still surprised that most people write off Miller to become A grade. Just turned 23, runs hard both way, can play forward. This year after 5 preseasons his body looks better and again he seems improved.

I still remember 4-5 years ago when Richmond was laughing stock, people were rating Cotchin as average midfielder and now on a great team look at him. As Suns improve so Miller does (I hope).

I seriously love the guy but I don't think he'll get to A grade status.
His numbers today were amazingly good but he doesn't have that impact on games that A graders do.
There'll always be a spot for him though in this team.
Touk gives everything and performs his role well
But A graders get tagged, they don't tag
Would love to see him step up but he's a fair way from it still IMO
And btw, the bottom 16 players in ANY team are B graders or worse so there's no shame in that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back