Preview JLT - Lions v Demons, Casey Fields, Saturday March 9th 3.10pm (Brisbane time).

OldLion

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2000
Melbourne - 3078 Lions
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Watched the game - thought McCluggage oozed class. Our second and third efforts were good and tackles were actually nailed. Neale is perfect for us .. but when will Hipworth actually clunk marks. He gets there but .. athletically he's got everyone covered. So more a runaround Buddy type that a centre/forward hold up guy. He's a key player ..

Kayo is amazing for the price to be honest. Year round value for me with AFL, NFL, F1 and cricket.

25 a month is great.
It really is a good deal. No nonsense channels like what you'd need to buy to get sports on Foxtel. Split screen and picture in picture views on the app access. And they have AFLW. And v8sc. And NBL. And Baseball. And Ice Hockey. And... Darts! ONE HUNDRED AND EEEEEIIIIGHTYYYYYYY!!!!

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah have a VPN but don't want to risk it

I haven't had any issues at all with it - they accept Aus cards and if your VPN is good it seems to work out well.

The main benefit to it is that it gives you foxfooty as well as the games - so if you want to watch on the couch or whatever you can. I got in the habit of using it because I used to live in Canberra and Afl live/Kayo didn't exist then so it was the only way to see Lions games other than going to the local footy club.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
What is the difference between the standard 25 and the premium 35 package.

Ability to stream on multiple devices simultaneously I think.

Edit: 2 devices on basic, 3 on premium.

Apparently Hodgey picked up a minor niggle yesterday. One of only 3 players not at the Melb family day today, due to managing injuries. Archie also not there and the third player escapes me. Hopefully he is right for round 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

J Bez there? Not too knocked around?

Doesn’t matter who we play we’re gonna get teamed. #realitycheck

I presume you meant reamed?

In any case you seem to be certain that we are doomed at least relatively speaking compared to the general optimistic bent around here atm ... at what point would you concede that you were incorrect ie if we win x games or our percentage is >y etc?

ie What would Billy consider to be a acceptable season and what would he consider to be a good season and at what point would his lid be removed should we get there?

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I presume you meant reamed?

In any case you seem to be certain that we are doomed at least relatively speaking compared to the general optimistic bent around here atm ... at what point would you concede that you were incorrect ie if we win x games or our percentage is >y etc?

ie What would Billy consider to be a acceptable season and what would he consider to be a good season and at what point would his lid be removed should we get there?
Expecting - 7 wins.

Pass mark? - 12 wins

Lid removed > 12

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Expecting - 7 wins.

Pass mark? - 12 wins

Lid removed > 12

From 5 wins in a season (although a solid percentage) to 12. That's a seriously big jump for a pass mark. Not saying we can't do it, but damn. Do you have kids Billy? They must tremble when handing over their report cards.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparently Hodgey picked up a minor niggle yesterday. One of only 3 players not at the Melb family day today, due to managing injuries. Archie also not there and the third player escapes me. Hopefully he is right for round 1.

The other player was Starcevich mate. Who went off yesterday in the curtain raiser with a hammy.

Berry had a big bandage on his left leg but assured me he was fine.

Darcy Gardiner said he was confident to go for round 1. Marcus Adams is hoping to be available round 3/4. Nick Robertson is 100% fit and raring to go. Tommy Cutler seemed a little disappointed he wasn't in the side which is a good thing but smiled when I said we need him in the 22 with his pace and kicking skills. He said pass that onto the coach :)

Cam Rayner was super with everyone and boy has he got some powerfully built legs. He is a going to be one seriously big unit in a few years.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
From 5 wins in a season (although a solid percentage) to 12. That's a seriously big jump for a pass mark. Not saying we can't do it, but damn. Do you have kids Billy? They must tremble when handing over their report cards.

12 wins would be an outstanding result, its crazy to call it a pass mark.

For me, pass would be 8-9 wins with an excellent result being 10-12.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The other player was Starcevich mate. Who went off yesterday in the curtain raiser with a hammy.

Darcy Gardiner said he was confident to go for round 1. Marcus Adams is hoping to be available round 3/4. Nick Robertson is 100% fit and raring to go. Tommy Cutler seemed a little disappointed he wasn't in the side which is a good thing but smiled when I said we need him in the 22 with his pace and kicking skills. He said pass that onto the coach :)

Cam Rayner was super with everyone and boy has he got some powerfully built legs. He is a going to be one seriously big unit in a few years.
Cheers for the info.

Good to know regarding Gardiner, hope he will be match fit.
Robbo is interesting as l thought he did his hammy and was listed 3 or so weeks away?

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
12 wins would be an outstanding result, its crazy to call it a pass mark.

For me, pass would be 8-9 wins with an excellent result being 10-12.

I've done the ladder predictor more times than I should have. Pessimistic me (yeah I know, I'm a horribly optimistic person) has us with 9 wins, optimistic me has us making finals.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

Thanks mate, forgot about Starc.
Good little summary there, much appreciated. Funny you say that about Cuts, I also told him that I had him in my best 22 and he said to make sure I let Fages know haha.

I also had a chat with Cam Rayner’s Mum who was a lovely lady. Said she couldn’t have asked more from the club and Cam now considers Brisbane ‘home’. Said they have bent over backwards to ensure the family gets every opportunity possible to see Cam and he considers many of the other players as brothers. Can’t believe there was so many negative rumours about him pre draft. He is such a great kid and will tear the competition apart sooner, rather than later.

Was a great day and so good to see so many young (and old) Lions fans there. The players really are a great bunch of lads.

Back