Game Day JLT game 2 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Also another thing about McInerney, he is a lot like Stoddart, but he seems to more easily find the ball than Stoddart does.

It’s early but, imo, he has better competitiveness and game sense than Stoddart naturally possesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes can someone please explain this to me. Why was he not discarded end 2018?

Marsh, Robinson and Towers had all hit their ceilings. Rose’s Grand Final performance suggested he had not hit his ceiling yet.

If he doesn’t show a continuation of that improvement into pushing for a best 22 spot, he will be discarded at the end of the year.

You can’t cut everyone and he was saved by the amount of departees and the stages of development they had reached and plateaued.

I could be off the mark, and my memory isn’t great (lol), but McInerney kind of reminds me of Andrew Embley former West Coast Eagle wingman. Good height and good size (shoulders) and good runner. Maybe it’s because they both have dark hair, just a thought I had.

Same hair - McInerney is a fair bit quicker.

To anyone watching the game, is he close to round 1 after today? 15 possessions, 1 tackle 70% TOG.
I'd gladly have him in there - I think his speed can help free us up, but there's plenty of people vying for a spot and they'll probably keep him back. If Florent's spot is open for a week he might sneak in...

I could see Dawson taking a spot ahead of one of Reid/Blakey come round 1. Giving Reid a run in the NEAFL might be great to get his timing and confidence back too. Let him pluck 10 marks and then come in is a good way to get him up and about IMO.

Same hair - McInerney is a fair bit quicker.

To anyone watching the game, is he close to round 1 after today? 15 possessions, 1 tackle 70% TOG.
I'd gladly have him in there - I think his speed can help free us up, but there's plenty of people vying for a spot and they'll probably keep him back. If Florent's spot is open for a week he might sneak in...

I could see Dawson taking a spot ahead of one of Reid/Blakey come round 1. Giving Reid a run in the NEAFL might be great to get his timing and confidence back too. Let him pluck 10 marks and then come in is a good way to get him up and about IMO.

For me McInerney isn’t quite there. When it’s his turn to go, he certainly has a dip, no doubt about it. And with the ball he makes good decisions. However I still feel he looked a little lost a times which is totally understandable. Still adjusting to AFL footy, needs more time, but I think should definitely get some senior time this season if he keeps this progression.

I do agree with that. Though Ronke had 0 tackles today so not sure he is applying the pressure required of his role.

Agree with can’t go too tall.
0 tackles, 86% TOG = his spot is up for grabs to me. We do need a defensive pressure fwd though, maybe Fox could nick his spot? Did he play fwd at all?

No reason not to get in good touch today and get very good win and kick over 100

There injuries are once again shocking and we are really strong

Wanna see some good ball use , transition and decent score
Hey Punts, they must have been listening to you... :)

I caught up, and learned nothing from that game. No point highlighting players cause literally everyone looked better than they probably are.

JLT means nothing and has no bearing on our performance come the H&A season. Especially when it’s against the Suns. Glad no one was injured but I’m ready for the real stuff.

0 tackles, 86% TOG = his spot is up for grabs to me. We do need a defensive pressure fwd though, maybe Fox could nick his spot? Did he play fwd at all?

Fox didn’t play forward and to be honest I don’t think he is a pressure forward either.

Ronke will probably play Round One, I am just saying he hasn’t set the world alight in pre-season. That might mean nothing of course.

In saying that I do feel like Ronke is a little overrated here due to 2 quite unbelievable performances. It is yet to be determined as to whether that is a sign of future performance or just freak games.

He played 18 games last year and kicked 24 goals. 12 of those goals came in two games thus he kicked 12 from 16 games outside of these (amazing) performances.

In the last 7 rounds of 2018, he kicked 3 goals.

So I don’t think he is necessarily a sure thing. There have been players before that have started like lightning and then stalled. I am not saying he will be one, but it’s possible.

Probably one of the more memorable examples of that was Adrian McAdam who kicked 23 goals in his first 3 games and ended his first season with 68 goals from 17 games. He was unable to repeat the performance in 1994 and managed only one game in 1995 before being delisted and effectively career over.

Hopefully Ronke isn’t like that, but I still feel he has a ways to go before he can be absolutely considered a lock selection.

Fox didn’t play forward and to be honest I don’t think he is a pressure forward either.

Ronke will probably play Round One, I am just saying he hasn’t set the world alight in pre-season. That might mean nothing of course.

In saying that I do feel like Ronke is a little overrated here due to 2 quite unbelievable performances. It is yet to be determined as to whether that is a sign of future performance or just freak games.

He played 18 games last year and kicked 24 goals. 12 of those goals came in two games thus he kicked 12 from 16 games outside of these (amazing) performances.

In the last 7 rounds of 2018, he kicked 3 goals.

So I don’t think he is necessarily a sure thing. There have been players before that have started like lightning and then stalled. I am not saying he will be one, but it’s possible.

Probably one of the more memorable examples of that was Adrian McAdam who kicked 23 goals in his first 3 games and ended his first season with 68 goals from 17 games. He was unable to repeat the performance in 1994 and managed only one game in 1995 before being delisted and effectively career over.

Hopefully Ronke isn’t like that, but I still feel he has a ways to go before he can be absolutely considered a lock selection.

Kicked 10 against us! North kicked something like 30+ goals that day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back