Training 2019 Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Nonsense, he played the great majority of his games deep in the forward line. He played a number of matches at half back, which was a failure.

With Franklin in the forward line any forwards role would be difficult. He demands the footy without even shouting for it. Difficult for forwards to get out of his way as well as make a significant impact. I thought he did pretty well in that role but understand why people point to the numbers as the be all and end all. He was actually pretty good at kicking long to Franklin and setting up a few so will miss that as well. Good luck to him seemed a top guy who had a difficult personal year last year.

Edit: Apologies for quoting you as what I'm saying is just in general not to what you were replying with.

With Franklin in the forward line any forwards role would be difficult. He demands the footy without even shouting for it. Difficult for forwards to get out of his way as well as make a significant impact. I thought he did pretty well in that role but understand why people point to the numbers as the be all and end all. He was actually pretty good at kicking long to Franklin and setting up a few so will miss that as well. Good luck to him seemed a top guy who had a difficult personal year last year.

Edit: Apologies for quoting you as what I'm saying is just in general not to what you were replying with.

Cyril, Roughy, Breust VB and even Hale were fairly productive forwards when Buddy was at the Dawks

Even though it is JLT and does not matter, it is always fun to see the Lollies go down.

Port has picked up a very good kid in Butters. Skinny as a drovers dog, the lad just Chuck's himself into the fray. His skills are top drawer.

Even though it is JLT and does not matter, it is always fun to see the Lollies go down.

Port has picked up a very good kid in Butters. Skinny as a drovers dog, the lad just Chuck's himself into the fray. His skills are top drawer.

Helps a draftee when your team is up and about. Poor Blakey looked lost at sea as we stumbled and fumbled our way through our first JLT match.

Helps a draftee when your team is up and about. Poor Blakey looked lost at sea as we stumbled and fumbled our way through our first JLT match.

I thought he looked ok. Showed a bit of mongrel. He will not be bullied.

I hope when it comes to round 1 games tighten up the way some teams are moving the ball so freely concerns me.

Yep. Winning centre clearances has never been so important.

Cyril, Roughy, Breust VB and even Hale were fairly productive forwards when Buddy was at the Dawks

They had the same issues hence they used Franklin up the field.

Rohan was productive but still difficult to play alongside the best forward in the comp and increase your own numbers. A blessing and a curse. Some do it well some don't. Craig O'Brien was good in that role whilst limited as a result of a champion full forward demanding the pill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEAFL practice match next week against Sydney Uni 11am Saturday at Henson Park.

Ostensibly for the players who have missed out the last two weeks but should also include guys like Rose Rowbottom and Wicks who haven’t had much game time.

hello swans, aka WCE Kryptonite....

This is a Supercoach question so aplogies if its in the wrong place. Can I ask why Jake LLoyd missed the second JLT? Has he reinjured himself?

Best of luck.

FOOTY IS BACK BABY!
Club said illness.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Should scrap the jlt

Clubs don’t give a s**t about it at all. Just start the season

I am just glad they don’t give a trophy out anymore for the “winner” of the ‘who gives a s**t the most cup’.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Sam Rowe was available to be picked up - a 199 cm KPD who has played 99 games and we didn't want him??
FMD sounds like ideal injury cover at that spot with Maibaum going down.
Saints just picked him up with Roberton taking the year off.
Weird.

Sam Rowe was available to be picked up - a 199 cm KPD who has played 99 games and we didn't want him??
FMD sounds like ideal injury cover at that spot with Maibaum going down.
Saints just picked him up with Roberton taking the year off.
Weird.

He’s hopeless!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back