Prediction Proposed Pies Rd 1 team, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't posted here since Saintly Viewed gave me my marching orders, but I thought I might make a final contribution. This year looks very promising, more than last year did and I was hopeful then.

Saintly Viewed is very confused.
Saintly Viewed is unaware of any marching orders; nor the power to issue same.

:think:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see.

Mine was a whimsical look at the issue of big brother.
And ofcourse Australia had its version of big brother.
And a catch phrase to boot.
So that’s all it was.

All is good cleomenes and no banishment is offered nor ever offered.
Besides I really like the ship.

Then again cleomenes might be teasing me now.
Yes it was a lovely ship, pity it blew up, now saintly you didn’t do that two, did you

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
It will be a disgrace if Sier doesn't play AFL in Round 1. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Without knowing what is happening in the four walls of the Holden Centre that is a very strong opinion to hold.

But yes, I'll be very disappointed as well if he's not starting in the AFL team this year. I love him as a player and thought he was over the issues that held him back his first two years at the club.

At the moment it doesn't look like Bews and Tuohy will make round 1 so it leaves our small defender options a little short which plays into your hands a little.

Now can you please start an actual preview thread so I can talk sense rather than interact with the nuffies and degenerates on the Geelong board.

Now can you please start an actual preview thread so I can talk sense rather than interact with the nuffies and degenerates on the Geelong board.
Premature anticipation never did/does any of us any good.
Hopefully knowing we sympathise will get you through.

Premature anticipation never did/does any of us any good.
Hopefully knowing we sympathise will get you through.
I didn't watch your JLT 1 game but what are your plans for Beams based on that and in regards to fitting him into your midfield given you have Pendlebury, Treloar, Sidebottom, etc.

We seem to be playing Selwood more on a wing and in other roles and he look really fit in comparison to the previous couple of seasons. Do you see Greenwood being given the task again from outside the square given he's done a fairly good job in the past?

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
I didn't watch your JLT 1 game but what are your plans for Beams based on that and in regards to fitting him into your midfield given you have Pendlebury, Treloar, Sidebottom, etc.

We seem to be playing Selwood more on a wing and in other roles and he look really fit in comparison to the previous couple of seasons. Do you see Greenwood being given the task again from outside the square given he's done a fairly good job in the past?

Surely Greenwood plays on Selwood

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

Beams and Treloar will spend periods up forward and in the midfield. Pendles imo isn’t as good up forward as those two and I think despite Sidebottom being a very good natural crumber, he will mainly play in the midfield.

Greenwood has found success playing in defense recently but has history running with Selwood, that’s all up in the air atm but I’m sure they’ll run into each other at some point.

What position will Cam Guthrie be playing?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes it was a lovely ship, pity it blew up, now saintly you didn’t do that two, did you
I’m on Bear Watch;
Looking for a Bear Tax like in the simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Greenwood plays on Selwood
You'd think so but given the new 6-6-6 rule and it being vital to prevent centre clearances, maybe he goes to Dangerfield instead.
What position will Cam Guthrie be playing?
Watching on as the opposition run past him.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reading into the teams selected for JLT and v Demons and v Geelong we might be looking at something like this:

Round 1

B. Langdon ~ Roughead ~ Maynard

HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp

C. Sidebottom ~ Beams ~ Phillips

HF. Stephenson ~ De Goey ~ Varcoe

F. Elliott ~ Cox ~ Thomas

R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury (c) ~ Treloar

I. Mihocek ~ Mayne ~ Sier ~ Aish

E. Goldsack, Greenwood, Murphy, Daicos

Injured list (presumed): Wells, Adams, Hoskin-Elliott, Reid, Scharenberg, Dunn

NB: Greenwood is the one player that might be unlucky but for whom, Aish?
Goldsack is a favourite of the coaching group but can’t see who he pushes aside.
Sier, if fit, will get the nod in my view.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reading into the teams selected for JLT and v Demons and v Geelong we might be looking at something like this:

Round 1

HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp

Goldsack is a favourite of the coaching group but can’t see who he pushes aside.
I’m really confident Greenwood will play, he’s been one of our best players this preseason and he’s been selected off of a lot less in recent season. I don’t think Sier is the lock most of us hope he is

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m really confident Greenwood will play, he’s been one of our best players this preseason and he’s been selected off of a lot less in recent season. I don’t think Sier is the lock most of us hope he is
You might be right at that.

Be more than a few players somewhat nervous about being selected round 1.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Round 1

HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp

Pains me to say, but based on how selections have gone I think Greenwood will be in over Sier.

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
B: Maynard, Roughead, Langdon
HB: Howe, Moore, Crisp
C: Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Phillips
HF: Stephenson, Mihocek, Elliott
F: Thomas, De Goey, Cox
Followers: Grundy, Treloar, Beams
Int: Varcoe, Aish, Greenwood, Mayne

Depth: Sier, Goldsack, Daicos, C. Brown, Murphy

To return: Adams, Hoskin-Elliott, Dunn, Scharenberg, Wells

To develop in the VFL: T. Brown, Quaynor, Kelly + rookies

Break glass ICOE: Reid, Crocker, Wills, Magden

I'd hope to see Sier into the side pretty quickly!

It will be a disgrace if Sier doesn't play AFL in Round 1. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I can't think of any Reason(Outside of Injury) why he wouldn't

B: Maynard, Roughead, Langdon
HB: Howe, Moore, Crisp
C: Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Phillips
HF: Stephenson, Mihocek, Elliott
F: Thomas, De Goey, Cox
Followers: Grundy, Treloar, Beams
Int: Varcoe, Aish, Greenwood, Mayne

Depth: Sier, Goldsack, Daicos, C. Brown, Murphy

To return: Adams, Hoskin-Elliott, Dunn, Scharenberg, Wells

To develop in the VFL: T. Brown, Quaynor, Kelly + rookies

Break glass ICOE: Reid, Crocker, Wills, Magden

I'd hope to see Sier into the side pretty quickly!
Geez, there's a fair amount of depth at the Pies.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The bear is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back