Melbourne Family Day - Sunday March 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Join us at our 2019 Victorian Family Fun Day. Come along and meet the entire Brisbane Lions Men’s Team on Sunday, 10 March from 1pm to 3pm AEDT.

The event will be held in the Main Stadium at the State Netball Hockey Centre, Parkville.

• Entry is FREE
  • Meet the entire Brisbane Lions Men's Team
  • Grab photos and autographs
  • 2019 Memberships will be on sale
  • Kit yourselves out in the 2019 Brisbane Lions Majestic Range at the pop-up Lions Shop
  • Free face painting and entertainment for the whole family.
After spending some time hanging out with the players, head over to Ikon Park to watch the Round 6 AFLW clash between the Brisbane Lions and Carlton, commencing at 4.05pm.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some things a bit different about this weekend...

The entire club will be there; Men's Seniors, Men's Reserves and Women's. First time we've ever done this, and the first time we think any AFL team has done this. Men's will be playing a double header against Melbourne/Casey, more info to come on that.

Last edited:

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Took the boys to the family day today and had a great day! All the players were extremely friendly and more than happy to have a chat and a photo. Cam Rayner is a very impressive young man. Infectious smile and such a nice bloke. So much to like about him and he seems so invested in our club. He really did light up the whole room. Matty Eagles was the other standout for me. Thanked us for coming down and even asked the boys what their favourite subject at school was etc. These little things go a long way in my book. Can see why we are known as a family club. Also had a chat with Fages and he was really happy with yesterday’s game. Said he wished it wasn’t a practice match and we were playing for 4 points! Again, a super bloke. There was a real buzz in the room. Lastly, got a photo with Ely and he had a grin from ear to ear! Seems like he also has a soft side! Lol. These guys deserve all the success in the world. Bring on season 2019. Go Lions!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JasperBeardly

All Australian
Dec 3, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Took the boys to the family day today and had a great day! All the players were extremely friendly and more than happy to have a chat and a photo. Cam Rayner is a very impressive young man. Infectious smile and such a nice bloke. So much to like about him and he seems so invested in our club. He really did light up the whole room. Matty Eagles was the other standout for me. Thanked us for coming down and even asked the boys what their favourite subject at school was etc. These little things go a long way in my book. Can see why we are known as a family club. Also had a chat with Fages and he was really happy with yesterday’s game. Said he wished it wasn’t a practice match and we were playing for 4 points! Again, a super bloke. There was a real buzz in the room. Lastly, got a photo with Ely and he had a grin from ear to ear! Seems like he also has a soft side! Lol. These guys deserve all the success in the world. Bring on season 2019. Go Lions!

Went along as well and agree with all of the above. It was a great day and every seemed to be enjoying themselves. Would also add that Linc McCarthy is fantastic when talking to the kids. All the boys were accommodating but, yeah, it's the little extras he added to the exchange that really lit up my son's face. Pretty humble fella, too.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great day best turn out for a long long time. My kids not used to waiting in lines :)
Players are just so good with the little kids and taking time out for pictures and chats.
You can see they actually enjoyed chatting to the kids everyone seemed up and about.
Had a chat to a few players a lot more positive energy then the last few years in the group.
Seems a lot more belief they can do well then there has been for a long time.

Thanks again for those who put the hard work into these days.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Top day and the players were very accommodating. My oldest boy had a day to remember getting photos with every player.

Few of the boys said they were a bit sore and glad for the week off. McCluggage and Walker were two. Hippy and Oscar up close are even taller than you imagine.

From the coach down to every player it was an excellent day and it was great to see the biggest line for the day was reserved for old Roy boy legend Kevin Murray.

Big turn out as well.

Well done Lions.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Top day and the players were very accommodating. My oldest boy had a day to remember getting photos with every player.

Few of the boys said they were a bit sore and glad for the week off. McCluggage and Walker were two. Hippy and Oscar up close are even taller than you imagine.

From the coach down to every player it was an excellent day and it was great to see the biggest line for the day was reserved for old Roy boy legend Kevin Murray.

Big turn out as well.

Well done Lions.

I have been to every family day since I can remember and Bulldog always has the biggest line! The word legend gets thrown around a lot these days, but he really is a living legend! Even when not in great health, he stays around right to the end and loves a chat. I never get sick of hanging his Brownlow around my neck. Absolutely love the great man.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have been to every family day since I can remember and Bulldog always has the biggest line! The word legend gets thrown around a lot these days, but he really is a living legend! Even when not in great health, he stays around right to the end and loves a chat. I never get sick of hanging his Brownlow around my neck. Absolutely love the great man.

Spot on mate. I would have him in the rooms before every Melbourne game firing the boys up :) Bleeds Maroon Blue and Gold.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Spot on mate. I would have him in the rooms before every Melbourne game firing the boys up :) Bleeds Maroon Blue and Gold.

A seriously good idea mate! How could you not be inspired by him? Also noticed that when Huggy announced that he was interviewing Kev on the mic, all the players stopped what they were doing for a few seconds and gave a huge clap. They have so much respect for him.

The best three Victoria Lions days since the premiership days. Amazing work by Sam Lord and the entire Vic staff for putting this together.

All other clubs will now start taking notice at how we’re operating our football club.
Hear, hear!

Will post a link to my snaps from today's family day once uploaded - but will share now one of my favs! :thumbsu::D:moustache:
135_MelonContent.JPG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JasperBeardly

All Australian
Dec 3, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back