No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had never played a Grand Final before, when would be the best time to play it?

That's the question that needs to be asked, but seems the AFL will again side with the populace because 'it listens to the people'
Dislike this good guy game they're playing and they just keep on playing it.

If you know you're going to do it and you have all the information required to tell you another time will be best.....just pull the tooth. Don't play games.

If we had never played a Grand Final before, when would be the best time to play it?

That's the question that needs to be asked, but seems the AFL will again side with the populace because 'it listens to the people'
Dislike this good guy game they're playing and they just keep on playing it.

If you know you're going to do it and you have all the information required to tell you another time will be best.....just pull the tooth. Don't play games.
Twighlight means players looking into the sun and half the ground in shadow.

Reckon you want the marquee game played in the best possible conditions.

Twighlight means players looking into the sun and half the ground in shadow.

Reckon you want the marquee game played in the best possible conditions.

You're right. Go straight to the end goal and play it at night.
It will happen and then we'll look back and realise how primitive we were.

You're right. Go straight to the end goal and play it at night.
It will happen and then we'll look back and realise how primitive we were.
Yep, don’t get the value in the gradual move, needs to be one or the other.

Yep, don’t get the value in the gradual move, needs to be one or the other.

I agree. These baby steps are silly....and for what? Fear of upsetting the traditionalists.
Traditionalists for what, other than for the sake of tradition. How bloody selfish are we?

It's not about tradition as for what we want for our pretty little selves, so we can do what....keep having an afternoon barbecue? :) FMD

primitive, harks?

Yeah. Primitive.

Want to go back to 6pm bar closures?
Midday supermarket closures?
No football on a Friday night?
No football on Sundays?
No Easter Friday games?

Two situations involved there but nevertheless when the obvious comes about...and it will come about....it's not all about you. You have to realise this.

Grand Finals played at night will come about and when our kids look back on things, they'll ask - How was the premium game of the year ever played during the day? It's not about us who are stuck in our own ruts. How selfish.

Yep. For me, it’s either 2pm or 8:30pm. Twilight is just idiotic. It will soon be twilight then .......:p

:) It's bizarre, isn't it?

So scared to make decisions they know they'll have to ultimately make.
You want to keep day GF games........announce it and put a period on it; 5 years, 10 years etc.
To keep play this mystery game of whether we shall or whether we won't is horribly arrogant and not nearly as 'community' serving as is made out to be.

The AFL s**t me when it comes to these sorts of things.

I agree. These baby steps are silly....and for what? Fear of upsetting the traditionalists.
Traditionalists for what, other than for the sake of tradition. How bloody selfish are we?

It's not about tradition as for what we want for our pretty little selves, so we can do what....keep having an afternoon barbecue? :) FMD
Some traditionalists are probably still lamenting women gaining access to the Members area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Primitive.

No football on Sundays?
No Easter Friday games?

Two situations involved there but nevertheless when the obvious comes about...and it will come about....it's not all about you. You have to realise this.

Grand Finals played at night will come about and when our kids look back on things, they'll ask - How was the premium game of the year ever played during the day? It's not about us who are stuck in our own ruts. How selfish.
huh? you make it sound like night's the most natural time to play a game that's been played in daytime forever - why is night considered such a natural fit?

huh? you make it sound like night's the most natural time to play a game that's been played in daytime forever - why is night considered such a natural fit?

I don't know what's essentially natural, but I think we all know what will come about......so why not just do it and quit the community game.

Reminds me of the Jimmy Carr joke who says;
What really annoyed me about church when I was young, was all the standing up and sitting down and kneeling......I wish the priest would have just picked a position and ****ed me.

This is the game the AFL are playing, as we want to do the right thing by the people and we listen and we care and we won't do something without consultation and opinion...Spare me. Just do and say something instead of playing this 'will we or won't we' charade year after year. It's bullshit. Make a decision and get it over and done with.

and yet this? mucho confusing - your sarcasm is befuddling your commentary a little.......are you for it, against, pissed that you have no real choice or what?

Yeah. Primitive.

No football on Sundays?
No Easter Friday games?

and yet this? mucho confusing - your sarcasm is befuddling your commentary a little.......are you for it, against, pissed that you have no choice or what?

Well, I've had this discussion on the main board for what seems to be forever, starting from the Easter Friday games to this.

I see it going one way and my preference shouldn't come into calculation on discussing the topic. It's not relative.
It's obvious what will eventually come about but some of the excuses for hanging onto day games were and still are....somewhat self-serving.
Just have a look if you care and you'll likely find this to be the fact.

Night games by any standard are a better visual prospect.
Factor into account that more eyes will be on the game being at night, makes for another valid argument.
I don't care for the entertainment component but some do. It will look better at night as a lot more is possible.
More money for the AFL....shhh...we'll keep this under wraps.

So what have we to fear other than adjusting our clocks for our own personal reasons. What have we got? BTW; Tradition doesn't count.

once more I get dragged into the gaping maw of harker-think and come out dripping wet and disoriented - mind you if you truly believe your opinion doesn't count - why am I having this discourse? out........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back