Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2014
Top of a God
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haven't seen Dr Spaceman for a wee bit, so been practicing my dank Paint skils..

1551837956433.png

I assume this is what everyone was calling for when they said sack Richo

It makes him seem much more cool and dangerous that he is though, so far his legacy is to make us as beige and innocuous as he could manage. We don't really have a brand, a vision, an obvious end goal. We seem to be under a fog of blandness with Richo in charge. We are a nice club with no real marketability, no stars, no noise, no momentum etc. We are kind of irrelevant to other fans.
It's worse than we thought - we've become North Melbourne. :eek:

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I think the only way to settle this is to throw Richo into the Yarra.

If he floats, he's a s**t coach.

If he drowns then he's a great coach.
Win either way ;)

might be a glimmer of light in the tunnel for the old campaigner. he certainly is getting them to move the ball a lot better. disposal has improved.

So hard to quantify...is it better coaching? Game plan? Fitness? Maturity? Emerging leaders?

A bit of everything, I’d guess.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
So hard to quantify...is it better coaching? Game plan? Fitness? Maturity? Emerging leaders?

Attitude. Easy to see the players are now buying in, even if it’s only two practice matches. Combination of some new players, incl Hanneberry, new assistants & Billy Slater. Would not be surprised if Lethlean has put a rocket up a few & put them on notice.

Attitude. Easy to see the players are now buying in, even if it’s only two practice matches. Combination of some new players, incl Hanneberry, new assistants & Billy Slater. Would not be surprised if Lethlean has put a rocket up a few & put them on notice.

Agree, but think maturity plays a big role too.

How old are Billings, Steele, Dunstan, Gresh, Sincs, Acres etc? All around 23 and starting to really mature into men. They start getting confidence in their bodies and their skills and that makes a difference too and allows them to start becoming leaders.

Add that to confidence in the coaching staff and plan etc and you get what we are hopefully starting to see now.

Going at 100% so far this year... Bullet proof.

If we win round one, I can see a DVD of the Streak 2.0

Gresh Magic?

Certainly given themselves a confidence boosting start. Just need to clean up some of those tackles.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree, but think maturity plays a big role too.

How old are Billings, Steele, Dunstan, Gresh, Sincs, Acres etc? All around 23 and starting to really mature into men. They start getting confidence in their bodies and their skills and that makes a difference too and allows them to start becoming leaders.

Add that to confidence in the coaching staff and plan etc and you get what we are hopefully starting to see now.

It’s looking like they’ve parked last year & have responded by showing more effort, which is significantly pleasing.

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League

Bit of everything probably. Still think last year an aberration. Not that we are that great, but things conspired against us, we dropped confidence, and just fell in a never ending mire. I might well be kidding myself, but I think last year could be the makings of this group. If we can have a reasonably consistent season the group will just get tighter and tighter. Could go the other way of course, but I somehow doubt it.

The changes in coaching and coaching attitudes could well be the refresher, the re-set, that we needed. Not making predictions, but I'm hopeful.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
With all our early injury concerns I think the club will need to reconfigure what a pass mark will be for Richo.

The season start which a month ago was looking promising, now has me concerned with players dropping like flies since.
Nope no excuses this year finals or gone

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
With all our early injury concerns I think the club will need to reconfigure what a pass mark will be for Richo.

The season start which a month ago was looking promising, now has me concerned with players dropping like flies since.
Wash your mouth out IS.
And take that tree hugging hippie crap to the pro Richos threads in future please. We's fixin for a hanging here. Dead man walking..

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
So if he were to face say an injury list of 10-12 players for the full year and those include the likes of Robbo and Carlisle you wouldn't be happy if the club scored between 8-11 wins?
8 to 11 will be over the moon
It is his 6th year finals or gone

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
8 to 11 will be over the moon
It is his 6th year finals or gone

So we finish with 13 wins and come 9th with many injuries and we sack him. That would look real good to our sponsors and even a general supporter and imagine the crap we would cop in the media which sponsors don't like. General statements like that cant just happen due to circumstance. Those wanting him gone will get their wish though because I really cant see more than 8 or so wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back